A Field in England

Is A Field in England actually worth watching, or is it just another one of those artsy black-and-white shit-flicks?

A bit of both

I think it's Wheatley's best film. Kill List is okay up until the last quarter were it ruins the suspense it spent the whole film building.

>DUDE CULTISTS LMAO

Awful.

wheat kino?

>A Field in England
>Wheatley
>Wheat
>Wheat Field

why the wheat obsession? It doesn't play into his movies at all

>He hasn't seen the wheat memes

Its decent

I'll be real here, and that that there's one scene in particular that's absolutely haunting and you'll be thinking about it weeks after you watch it. I do love the film quite a bit. It actually exceeded my expectations when I watched it.

>and that that there's one scene in particular that's absolutely haunting and you'll be thinking about it weeks after you watch it

Is that the rope tether scene with the flute music?

it's pretty funny actually.

REEEEEEE

GIMME BACK MY WHEAT HUMAN FUCKING SHITS

Kill List is brilliant all the way through matey

It's brilliant up until they have to go assassinate the MP, then all quality that the film purveyed evaporated.

>one of those artsy black-and-white shit-flicks?
Name three (3) flicks that could be coloured but b&w is a choice and they are shit.

I like artsy shit-flicks and no, it's not.

It retracts up it's own arse towards the end. There is no popular theory or explanation for the ending of this movie, it simply doesn't make sense and there are no hints given to make sense of it.

Watch Aferim! or something instead. It was a waste of a good premise.

Almost every modern B&W film would be better in colour.

Awful. Wheatley is a hack. Don't be memed by Sup Forums

The ending was Serbian Film tier, a bit embarassing really

Holy fuck this, I've wanted to say this every time but no one will humor me on it. Wheatley MUST have fucking seen Serbian Film before making Kill List, it's so blatant. It was a shit 'twist' in A Serbian Film and it was a shit twist in Kill List.

Well atleast Kill-List has great first two acts, while A Serbian Film is shit all around

He writes good dialogue and has decent cinematography, but he and that woman he writes with need to stop and get someone who knows how to write a conventional story. He uses surrealism as a cover for his inability to write a satisfying plot which works against the aesthetic of his own film-making style. He makes surreal films because he HAS to, not because he can do.

This

True, it's just that Kill List just irks me because it starts off so good.

>there's one scene in particular that's absolutely haunting and you'll be thinking about it weeks after you watch it.

Even as I was watching that scene I could tell it wanted to give me that feeling but it was trying so fucking hard it was embarrassing.

Ben Weetbix is going to butcher The Wages of Fear.

fuuuck I just googled it, why does every good film has to be devalued and shit on with remakes

>it will star female leads and it will set in Africa
Just fucking kill me

I don't remember the plot that well but I don't remember it being nonsensical. I remember the presentation being disorienting but what was happening seemed more or less straightforward. Here's how I remember the plot, tell me how wrong I am.

Nerd servant of somebody important is travelling with soldiers to arrest the Irishman who stole some books or something from his master. The soldiers are attacked and killed by some civil war related party while he escapes. He meets a couple of army deserters on the road and they want to find an inn to get their bearings. Along the way they find the Irishman who takes control of the group and forces them to start digging for treasure. Then at the end there is no treasure and there's a very painful looking gunfight which ends with everyone dead but the servant who takes all of their weapons and best clothes and walks off.

How did I do? It's been at least two years since I saw it.

That was the jist of it.

And just as an addendum to this, I like that movie Witchfinder General so I thought that seeing the setting in a newer movie was cool.

One of the characters dies and comes back later without explanation.
At the end the guy crosses back over the wall and sees himself and the others standing there.

Makes no sense.

By dies and comes back do you mean the slow guy? I thought he was just badly hurt and they thought he died. It didn't seem far-fetched to me. And at the end I figured he was just still tripping balls from the mushrooms and also kind of traumatized.

It's very abstract.

I thought they gave the main guy brain damage when he came out of that tent acting all weird and I thought he was going to be like that for the rest of the movie, but then he wasn't. The movie doesn't really say much or go anywhere.

He dies and comes back later unharmed.

What do you mean because I don't really remember. Does he take a blow to the head or what? Is he all fucked up and covered in blood and mangled in one scene and then later he shows up looking normal again?

I forget the exact method, I think he gets shot and dies, maybe they bury him or just leave him in the hole, but he is confirmed dead and later towards the end he shows up unharmed and the characters comment on it.

>a reddit in england

Is it the prequel to Alien Covenant?

How do u come up with this stuff man!!

I suppose they either called him dead when he wasn't or the things he did when he came back weren't actually done by him but because they're all so fucked up on mushrooms they don't know what's really going on.

Exquisite meme. Draws on existing Sup Forums culture whilst simultaneously making a witty statement on its source material.

The magic in the film is real and the film is purposely written to make you feel like you're a foreigner in foreign land.

I had to do was exactly...watch Reddit...uh, website...an—and risten to what Reddit says at the end of it…and writin' it down for a whole week. And then, I had to mail it in, and I had to be drawn out of a hat, and I just won

Irish guy = the devil

You're welcome

>le biblical references

don't be lazy

Really makes you think...

That is in the movie ffs, don't take the piss

I think I figured out what the treasure was. Friend dies in the hole they've been digging. Next thing you know, he comes back to life. Perhaps the treasure wasn't a physical object, but the ability to return to life from death, hence why both Friend and Jacob are back at the end.