What do you guys think of don't breathe? I'm watching it right now and these kids are completely retarded

what do you guys think of don't breathe? I'm watching it right now and these kids are completely retarded

I thought the same thing that's why I quit paying attention after the first fifteen minutes. My wife finished it though. Not sure if I'm the stupid one or she is.

Only part that interested me was later on when he got all freaky with the girl and shit because I'm a perverted faggot.

why did this get good reviews? the writing is terrible. I don't know if I can finish this

I thought it was pretty well made, but when he breaks free from the basement, rushes up to the front door, and grabs his gun, all without making a sound, it dropped to a 6/10 for me, from a 7. There really wasn't a whole lot to keep me engaged, and I can't really pinpoint why. At some point I just stopped giving a fuck what happened to the characters because the film pulled so many bait and switches on whether they'll live, die, or escape. There's only two fucking possible outcomes: They live, they don't. All the bait and switch just got boring and I stopped caring.

But I don't know if that's because I've seen enough movies in my life that this wasn't surprising, or if it's just boring. I imagine this film did very well with the 13-18 year old crowd.

>why did this get good reviews?

I have no idea. Maybe the plot was a bit original.

Blind, rich, super ninja, serial killer/rapist with a dramatic past living in Detroit.

That plot is pretty crazy.

so does it get better? I stopped watching before that dude even came into play. they were just breaking in but these characters are so fucking stupid it was hard for me to keep watching. this type of dumb scary movie would be fun to watch with friends but right now I'm just alone high as fuck

Idk man, I'm 19 and this bored the shit out of me. I think the characters and plot just sucked. like who the fuck steals a blind veterans life savings? who just lost his daughter too? like wtf. how am I supposed to relate to or care about these characters

Is that the one where they break into some blind war vets house but because of twisted stuff he does it turns out the burglers are somehow the good guys? Premise seemed dumb as fuck, although I do like Jane Levy and Stephen Lang.

If I was high I could probably watch it and enjoy it but not because it's good.

It gets a bit more interesting, I don't want to spoil it but the movie isn't as simple as "blind guy defends his house". He pretty much kind of turns into the bad guy.

I like it, but it owes pretty much every shred of its greatness to its nifty premise. I love it when horror movies are basically a life-or-death game with clearly defined rules.

I also liked Lights Out and It Follows for this reason.

kids deserved it Tbh

So in the third act was she just running around with a big hole in her pants?

it would have been better if they didn't make him a rapist fuck to make the kids the good guys because they aren't, fuckin dicks

It didnt make sense because even though the charges were dropped wouldn't he be the person the cops would question about the kidnapping?

Checked.

What kept you engaged? I found it hard to care whether they lived or died with how many times they fake it. I found it hard to suspend my disbelief when the dude who likes Rocket died because neither of them heard the blind man aggressively clambering up the stairs.

How'd a blind guy kidnap someone?

It's a crime how good pants can make someone's behind look.

stop searching for validation and judge the movie for yourself you gigantic ignorant piece of shit

i liked this movie more than i can even justify. keep these webm coming

With his OP'd military skills

>these kids are completely retarded
They are robbers, and this is Detroit. They are obviously supposed to be nig-nogs. Of course they are written as completely retarded.

yoga pants are a blessing

>i liked this movie more than i can even justify
That's unfortunate.

That's stupid. So he leaves the courthouse the day his daughter's manslaughterer gets off. Then what? How'd he find her address? He follow her? How? He can't drive.

>White people don't live in Detroit

problem with this assholes is that unless someone tells them its good they'll never know for themselves.

also, I liked it, is a refreshing little film.

pretty stupid they gave her a new pair of pants after that. not very realistic

Nah, I see what you're saying but they were written to be bad guys and a bit on the low-intelligence side. What they DID was full fucking retard which is what irks me.

idiots can break in and fuck up a robbery a bit.

Only 3 true down syndrome motherfuckers can lose against a blind man.

Blessing and a curse. They're deceiving as all hell, like with this Jane Levy chick.

damn man chill. I stopped watching because the characters were such shitheads and so poorly written that I was bored. if a movie is so dumb it bores me I don't feel bad about not finishing it

yea but they steal from an old, blind veteran. thats pretty shitty

I loved it as a one-time watch. Saw it in theaters and got exactly what I was hoping for. Kids were retarded but they were written as shitbags anyway.

>Jane levys never going to get naked on screen

Pretty heartbreaking tbqh phams,also she doesn't look good with blonde hair.

>That's stupid. So he leaves the courthouse the day his daughter's manslaughterer gets off. Then what? How'd he find her address? He follow her? How? He can't drive.

It is dumb and I really cant think an explanation other then the fact the he is some sort of uber solider that can catch and hunt anyone,this movie is pretty flawed but was enjoyable none the less.

You can be white and still be a nigger.

This film is hilarious. Went to see it with some friends when it came out in cinemas and we couldn't stop laughing. When the dude heats up his spunk in a microwave and fills a pipet with it, that was the moment the film fully embraced its absurdity.

>that was the moment the film fully embraced its absurdity

A lot of absurd things slipped past you stupid motherfuckers without being noticed.