Can someone explain to me the point of being graded in school...

Can someone explain to me the point of being graded in school? It does nothing but destroy the self-esteem of the low scorers and give the high scorers something to brag about. Not to mention grades don't mean anything. I'm a straight B-/C+ student and the A kids ask me for help on the hard stuff because all they are good at is following instructions. I'm the only one capable of having an intelligent conversation about politics with the history teacher, but that doesn't count towards the final mark. Nope, you have to remember the exact hour, minute and second Stalin died, because that's easier to grade.

That's the game people are playing and you mustn't disrupt them, because they're very very absorbed in it.

people are stupid.
what do you expect?

>Grades don't matter, I'm still the smartest even though I fail classes that can easily be passed with minimal effort
This meme is the worst

>that pic
The person bitching about GPA wouldn't say a damn word if they were a 4.0 student.

>leaf

They test discipline and intelligence.

This.

They make you answer questions based on the liberal view of history they give you to see how well your attention span was during class time.

You're all dumb

This.
Pretty much the main determining factors.

There is a huge difference between being compliant and disciplined. The latter matters more when it comes to grades.

Not entirely true. If a 4.0 student came to realize all their easy classes with grade inflation left them with less knowledge than the 2.8 student who took nothing but advanced classes, they would probably get upset that their grades didn't get them the job.

More like they test conformity. I've written a few papers that were pro-nationalism against the explicit wishes of my Uni teachers. Those were marked negatively, while when I used the same structure and reasoning but confirmed to the teachers wishes, I got positive marks.

Its a bit of a sham.

It's basically for college admissions.

I hear this "good grades don't mean you are smart" meme a lot.

well grades are a damn good indicator if someone is a total loser or a decent and useful person. Most people with good grades are intelligent and have discipline, most people with bad grades are very likely lazy fucks.

If you want surgery from a doctor who got a 1.0 GPA and flunked out of med school, be my guest.

Pretty much this.

Middle grades don't mean you're stupid necessarily, you might just be lazy or arrogant or whatever. However, flunkers are usually degenerate or overall stupid. You don't get top grades by winging it, you actually need to have some capability up there.

Getting a 4.0 requires more than just simple obedience.

I was a 4.0 student all throughout high school, which did jack shit for me being that I am self employed.

Grades are a reflection of work ethic not intelligence.

In the real world work ethic is more important than intelligence.

because when you start telling retards that theyre equivalent to intelligent people, you get a society who will no longer blame themselves for doing poorly in life, therefore they will believe the only way others can be more successful is by cheating or scamming.

>I'm the only one capable of having an intelligent conversation about politics with the history teacher, but that doesn't count towards the final mark.

It almost always counts toward the final mark... Teachers, especially history teachers, love it when you display your understanding.

>Nope, you have to remember the exact hour, minute and second Stalin died, because that's easier to grade.

Bull cucking shit anyone asked you to remember the exact hour Stalin died. And if you're studying Soviet history, knowing roughly when Stalin died is super fucking important

TLDR you're probably not as smart as you think you are. History is piss easy and if you can't even get good marks in history wew lad

It used to mean something.
Going to college nowadays is a bit better apprenticeship. Education has been degrading since end of war, thanks to liberals and their "we must include everyone/everyone must have a change for college" kind of bullshit. Thats why they lowered the entry level for college and the college itself.

With this attitude they also destroyed highschool. Seriously can you even get a good job with a simple highschool degree like you could back in the days?

I'm not even 4.0 (3.65), and I question myself about how much my college has actually prepared me despite my decent grades. That's like my greatest nightmare, that 4 years didn't even teach me enough to do the job (network engineering) that some fags just self-study and get all the real experience on the job.

I was a 3.9 - 4.0 student on the dean's list every year through college with scholarship.

Grades mean jack shit, I never shared how well I was doing in class unless someone asked me.

Maintaining a 4.0 is about following directions, nothing more. If your goal in school is simply to maintain high marks you might as well just join the military. Some of the smartest people I know never went to college due to poor grades and have read and studied by themselves.

>If you want surgery from a doctor who got a 1.0 GPA and flunked out of med school, be my guest.

Just find a black doctor and maybe you will. He could have flunked out of med school, but dat rayciss. Dey gots dem affirmative action quotas to fill.

Your life is in good hands. Hewuz a king after all.

there are genuinely smart people with poor grades, but the problem is that every special snowflake happens to think they're that person, when irl they're just dumb.

My grades have always depended solely on my motivation. Two semesters ago, I failed Nutrition and World Religions. Last semester, I aced Statistics and Business Calc, and ended up on the Dean's Honor Roll. Don't get me wrong, they were easy classes, and I'm not the sharpest bulb in the box, but I think motivation has more to do with grades than intelligence. At least until you get past your Gen Ed classes.

Any medical student that got a 1.0 or even a 2.0 failed out of medical school. To get through medical school you must maintain at least a 3.0 and if you're doing that poorly you may have to redo much of the coursework.

But there's no difference between an MD that graduated with a 3.0 vs a 4.0. Both of their titles are "MD." The patient will never know their graduating marks.

One of my classmates in PA school was an army medic who almost failed out and I'll tell you right now that I'd rather have him work one of my family members if they were in cardiac arrest than the valedictorian of our class. He has the experience, the knowledge and the confidence to save lives. He had a hard time taking exams though.

>Some of the smartest people I know never went to college due to poor grades and have read and studied by themselves.

The smartest people you know are Neets?

No. That particular comment was in reference to a mate of mine who runs a bookstore and another who owns a small business management company. Both have no college diplomas and can bring the banter on any topic relating to politics, literature, history and so on.

Neets piss me off no matter how well read they are.

>mad because the government stopped paying for your college.

Fuck off leaf, the world needs ditch-diggers too.