Charlie Chaplin thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J7GY1Xg6X20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are some Chaplin essentials? I've only seen two movies... I forget the title of the first, but the other was The Kid.

City Lights and Modern Times.

then the gold rush, great dictator, monsieur verdoux and limelight to finish

Ummm are people thinking 'the dictator' is a lot more relevant with Trump in power

>the dictator
Nah, it's clearly Sacha Baron Cohen's worst film.

I just saw it and trump never occurred to me. People who think trump=hitler might find it relevant I guess

This is your reminder that Chaplin was a pedophile and Communist and was properly denied re-entry into the USA.

Weak bait, no Sup Forumscucks will visit a Chaplin thread.

Verdoux can be skipped.

This is your reminder that you are a fat gay who wastes his life on an anime board.

The end of City Lights is so fucking sad

literally /ourguy/

No it's the first dramatic role post-Tramp. And it's good.

Are those decent? I've seen some shorts from Chaplin but I am not into slapstick comedy at all and think of him Hardy & Laurel tier.

Slapstick is a small part of what Chaplin did.

youtube.com/watch?v=J7GY1Xg6X20

Keaton = slapstick comedy
Chaplin = romantic drama

I don't really think of that but I have to say I started Danger 5 last night and some of the faces Hitler makes reminded me a lot of Trump. I don't know if the actor just has similar facial structure or what but it's eerily uncanny.

Fun fact: his grand daughter, oona Chaplin is on taboo and GoT

How tight is her vagoona?

You think she shaves it so there's just a small square?

I don't get it.

Four Germans sit talking in a public house. One is a Jew, Salomon, who is telling the others that the Jews are
the most decent people to be found anywhere.
Zimmermann won't have it and cites cases of Jewish rogues he has met.
The Jew gets uneasy, and seeks a way out by saying:
Oh well, but those are exceptions!
The peasant joins in the talk and supports Zimmermann.
Salomon gets angry. He has paid for the beer and still must listen to that sort of talk from them.
You talk a lot of stupid nonsense! he cries, but not a word about decent Jews. And there are plenty of decent
Jews. Am I not one? Was I not a soldier at the front? Did I not defend the Fatherland. Have I not paid for your
beer, you impudent creatures, stupid Goys!
There is silence in the room. Then the worker gets up who has said little, and throws a coin to the Jew.
Finished, Salomon. Here is your money. We will not have you paying for us. But now you shall have the truth!
You liar! You never heard a bullet. You were indispensable, and stayed at home profiteering, then you were
with the Reds, calling Down with Germany! Long live the World Revolution! And now you are a decent
Jew? Not a bit of it! There aren't any decent Jews.
Salomon picks up his hat and runs like the Devil from the public house. Everybody laughs.
What a pity he has gone! says Zimmermann. I should like to have repeated the following saying to him:
So oft we hear the yarn
How brave such and such a Jew was.
How he gave his money to the poor
And was an angel in the world.
A Jew, like a pure angel?
That must be a fairy tale!
Who invents such things?
It is the Jew, himself, who does it!