I'll be back

>I'll be back

Why would a completely logical and calculating robot feel the need to say that? wouldn't that give away the element of surprise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aSdRptW5YWA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would a logical and calculating robot use verb contractions?

>its a "the heavily muscled robot with the thick austrian accent from the future just said something that doesn't make sense" episode

More efficient. Saves time.

>Why would a completely logical and calculating robot feel the need to say that?
If he just left without saying goodbye, that would just be rude. He wasn't trying to infiltrate Sup Forums, you assfuck.

But in his tactical brain, why would he want to alert them that he is in fact, coming back?

To use element of confusion.
"Who is that? Why he alerts me? What dose it mean?"

Given time the terminator would develop personality and it's the theme since first movie even before good terminator

That comment reads like something Tony Montana would say.

Makes perfect sense.

>AI
>completely logical
why didn't he just turn himself off?

they werent alerted though were they? one of the core reasons the terminators were such effective killers is that they mimic humans visually and socially, in this example he doesnt want to arouse suspicion upon himself so says a very normal thing when someone wants to see someone but they arent available, 'ill be back'.

but really this is a dumb question because it was in the film because it sounded good and slightly menacing/forshadowed a huge action scene (its success as a line is shown in its repetition still today, indeed this very thread is a testament to its cultural impact)

Is that the Scoped Falcon 2 from Perfect Dark?

Don't you need to change the settings on their chip for that to happen

>Why would a completely logical and calculating robot feel the need to say that?

He was telling the guy he'll be back. If I told a cop I was there to see a traumatized woman and I was her friend/relative and then just LEFT the station without any kind of notification it would draw attention.

What was messed up about how he said it was that it was in a non-feeling, robotic type of way which is the best way he knows how.

He was letting the cop know that he wasn't abandoning this person that he (as other humans would do) would return as soon as possible to attend their friend/relative in time of need.

>wouldn't that give away the element of surprise?

Machines aren't very keen on what surprises humans. Even if they did they wouldn't give a shit.

The Terminator spent a couple days in the 80s for the first time, witnessing people like Bill Paxton say "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE" when all he was asking for is a pair of clothes, night clubs which Terminator probably thought what the hell is this, people acting strangely due to being on drugs - I guess he tried to blend in when he was at the police station before going back to being a killing machine.

>Bill Paxton

What character was that?

Yes. There are two settings, one of which is a sort of freethinking mode where the terminator can learn better and develop a sense of individuality. The original terminator from the first movie was set to skynet mindslave mode however.

The Terminator is programmed not to be suspicious, if he succeeds or fails at that it's a testament of its performance as a model, that is why they were replaced with the superior T-1000 as an infiltration unit.

He had "BASED" function enabled.

>What character was that?
youtube.com/watch?v=aSdRptW5YWA

Paxton has had tons of cameos in movies. I wonder if the directors purposely asked for him.

I can't tell you how hard I laughed at this post.

Also yes, yes it is.

>that is why they were replaced with the superior T-1000 as an infiltration unit.
eh too easy. I like a challenge instead of a silver guy who can repair himself instantly.

Why would he bother telling someone "Wrong" before killing them?

To see fear in the enemy's eyes.

Why would a "completely logical and calculating robot" use firearms at close range, when he could 100% kill a human with a single punch or choke, and with firearms there's always a possibility of a jam or miss. Like when he's reloading at Tech Noir scene giving Kyle time to knock him down with a shotgun - why didnt he just finish her with his fucking 1-ton punch?