>Americans

What are you even still doing in Afghanistan?

Fighting an insurgency, supporting an ally, preventing Russia from increasing it's influence in the country.

what's the point in funding your military if you don't use it?

Pleasing their jews and military industrial complex overlords

Why are you fighting an insurgency? You're predicating your being there from being attacked by al-Qaeda who ran away a month later.

it hasn't been about 9/11 since Osama got killed

Now it's about protecting Afghanistan. If we don't do it someone else (Russia) will, and America has strategic interests in keeping Afghanistan as an ally.

>supporting an ally
>millions of innocents have died

What in the fuck are you talking about? Are you retarded?

only 31,000 afghan civis have died since 2001, and Afghanistan wasn't even an ally of the U.S. for most of that time.

Do you believe the United States wouldn't do the same thing for the U.K. or Canada?

Because the Taliban is still fucking shit up and due to the last Guy in office they've regrouped and we now IS is there too.

The fucked up thing is that this is basically the same war going back to the Soviet invasion. The Mujahedeen had a civil war between the Soviet withdrawal and us invading and pushing the Taliban out and the Northern Alliance into power but we didn't finish.

You're retarded.

smoking dope, probably. i dont blame them

afghanistan has massive lithium deposits,of course having a puppet in such country is useful.

Wasting the lives of our military and spending a ton of money to have a bigger world presence and access to resources to benefit our upper class.

Obviously.

The dope must flow into the flyovers.

Not him but I think you may he the retarded one. We are better off keeping the people who don't hate us in power than the ones who let Al Qaeda setup shop. Also, killing IS anywhere is a good idea for anyone who isn't IS.

>afghanistan has massive lithium deposits,of course having a puppet in such country is useful
IIRC all of their mineral deposits are like a mile down and thus not currently cost effective to extract.

6 million gazillion?

>only
And the invasion of Iraq was also to support an ally? Care to post the numbers from that useless war?

oil and other resources

>We are better off keeping the people who don't hate us in power than the ones who let Al Qaeda setup shop.

Osama's dead, lads haha. You can leave now as we'll protect Afghanistan haha.

how was it useless? it was about stability in the region. we got rid of saddam and it was a huge success.

Why don't you make yourself useful and incite a border war with the Chinese?

>we
Who is we?
>got rid of saddam
Fuck are we worrying about him for? When was it ever about the "terrorist" attacks of 9/11 then?

This guy is a pawn who gobbles up excuses
This guy gets it

"civilians" means anyone not actively shooting at you

Anytime you hear about US killing "civilians" in a war cut the number into 1/100th for a close approximation of the real number

>"civilians" means anyone not actively shooting at you
>says the country where civilians actively shoot at you

>millions of innocents have died
>okay not LITERALLY millions have died; but if we include everyone that may be second-handedly affected by the war, such as through inter-generational trauma and seeing the war on tv, the number literally killed by the US is in the millions

It was regarding war

You can only return fire

Plus, whenever there are strikes on ISIS homes, etc. To take out one leader and they report "50 civilian casualties" what it actually is that 50 people also in a known ISIS command center were killed, but they weren't going after them by name. Sure is a coincidence

Then there are the even bigger retards who think Islamic extremism is the fault of the USA, but that's a whole 'nother story

>afghanistan is notorious for having entire fields of opium poppies
>the US invades
>a new wave of opiates addiction strikes the US years later
hmmmm

>reddit spacing
>skeptic about government figures while also willingly accepts government actions as rightful
>can't fucking see an ironic shitpost even if it has a (You) as header
Hi r/The_Donald/ you guys are getting easier to spot by the day

I'm not from Reddit, confirmable via looking up my name in Sup Forums archives with posts dating prior to 2009

I've always spaced this way

The US govt releases no "civilian" casualty numbers because they're so miniscule and why would you do that as a govt

I'm questioning the legitimacy of these numbers pulls from thin air by ultra left wing thinktanks which are then cited by mainstream media and academic papers to fashionably demean the US any way possible