Who's your favorite Star Trek actor and why is it Wil WHEATon?

Who's your favorite Star Trek actor and why is it Wil WHEATon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jtmbzJNPsaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck of crusher, stop shit posting and report to deck you series ruining cunt

I felt bad at first when I heard that Wheaton hated Wesley, but then I found out how much of a douche Will Wheaton is and I didn't feel as bad.

On topic though, I like Stewart obviously, and I think LeVar Burton is underrated as shit in TNG. He has a really calming presence and really meshes well with the Geordi character

>I like Stewart
He's a pleb.

Honestly I think the VOY cast has my favorite actors, too bad the writing was weak most of the time

Hey, OP is just trying to talk about the wheat meme you dips.

It is popular and therefore bad, I understand

its funny to say it like they say on my favourite cartoon, hehe

>inb4 le black man speaking loudly [BEST ACTING EVER]

Not true, I made this thread to both meme and start Trek discussion.

A complicated man such as myself often has dual purpose in mind when he shitposts.

why are there so many unfunny forced memes on tv

*points laser at camera*

I don't understand the hate for Wesley. I mean, I get that he can be an annoying kid sometimes, but he showed that he was an incredibly capable engineer. After season 1, he just acted like a regular member of the crew, he wasnt even written as a dumbass kid anymore.

Better than

>muh earl grey tea HAWT

I found early-season Riker and later-season Picard more annoying since they were main characters. Them being a bit cardboardy and Mary Sue-ish was more of a drag than Wesley.

That's the point. Most of the time he's a Mary Sue

Shields up

>Mary Sue-ish
This is so retarded. They're both portrayed as being incredibly seasoned officers with gigantic amounts of experience between them.

What do you want out of Star Trek? Some kind of anime training montage over a series of 400 episodes where they become increasingly stronger? This wouldn't make any fucking sense in Star Trek. I don't even know if it makes sense in anime. Whatever the case, most venues for storytelling simply don't have room to work a character through a gigantic progression of gaining skill.
This is something that only retarded weeb neckbeards want out of a story. They BEGIN the series as experienced officers. That's enough to justify their abilities.

Riker doesn't even have a character. He just YELLS AT EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. At one point they tried to shoehorn some characterization about him being "jovial" but all he does is show off and play trombone.

Of all the stupidities, Star Fleet Academy almost didn't take him because he still wasn't good enough.

That's the whole point of drama. You put a character through situations that test them to near breaking point and they come out stronger for it. Think of all the most memorable moments from the series, it was things like Picard and the four lights and Riker being locked in the mental institution. The episodes where everyone knows exactly what to do and everything works out fine are forgettable.

i like patrick stewart because he pulls off the bald man without beard look while looking great

>This is so retarded. They're both portrayed as being incredibly seasoned officers with gigantic amounts of experience between them.
That's all fine, maybe "Mary Sue" isn't the right word, if taken to mean "skilled beyond their experience". I was talking more about how both the stakes and the room for the characters to grow were undermined in many episodes because there wasn't any resolution possible besides "Riker is charismatic/Picard is authoritative". It's a bit like if Geordi or Data episodes revolved around their technical ability rather than their personalities.
I'm going to be accused of missing the point and leveraging an unfair criticism at the show which was limited by the serial episodic format, but I acknowledge that it might just be a matter of personal taste, and some people like the inconsequential episodes like Genesis.

Kirk generally succeeded more through struggle or was Deus-Ex-Machina'd out of trouble by the hubris or sympathy of super-powerful mystic aliens, not constantly showing his innate superiority over every obstacle and adversary.

Michael Dorn because Worf is the best character

>lower your shields and surrender your ships

>I am the cutest of Borg

Exactly, thank you.

Being skilled, experienced, or talented doesn't make a Mary Sue.

I knew I wasn't alone in Wesley hating, his smugness is a pimple on the bridge, Riker is smug as shit from time to time but he has the experience and skills to back them up. I like Picard a lot too but the best characters are Geordi and Data by far, they suit the Enterprise quite well. Worst character to me is the saddy black signing church lady at the "bar".

Special note for Q his acting is so over the top is wonderful and he just makes the series more interesting.

his character is chad
he fucks space women
its very complex.

Q is undeniably the best character.

I hear he's going to be on Latza's new show

Mr Worf....

...Fire.

paul latza?

but later seasons Picard is the one that always needed help even more so than the early season one

>and now, the conclusion...

I'm only on Season 3 and he's always one to consult with his officers and he indeed listens to them and uses his advice. Every good leader has to do the same to make their own mind.

poor Wil, midlife hitting him hard

>What kind of tattoo do you want?

J

This seems like a good thread to ask, but why did we get that old hag as medical officer in Season 2?
I'm glad as fuck Wesley came back I just like to know why

one that make me looks like a complete faggot

mission accomplished sir

Tim Russ

>tfw I had no problem with Wesley but started hating Wheaton after his appearances on BBT

the usual, she was a greedy cunt

>not liking BASED Pulaski

audiblekeks

One of the executive producers hated Gates McFadden for some reason and had Roddenberry fire her. Roddenberry died, the producer left and Berman invited her back.

Top kek
Thanks for the answer

Pulaski was the only thing that made season 2 watchable, she was essentially a female McCoy.

McCoy wasn't so annoying

that's the difference
a man acting like McCoy is likeable and comes off as a guy having more concerns about ethics
a female acting that way comes off as a cunt

The problem is the McCoy & Spock dynamic doesn't work well with Pulaski & Data, it just made her seem like an asshole.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>Computer, create a universe where I'm not a 27 year old kissless virgin
>Unable to comply with your request ... virign

why do you keep making the same post every thread? Is this an attempt at human humor?

It's actually robot humor, I'm surprised you don't understand it, Lt. Commander Data

Data is an android, not a robot

Every character in the Light Universe is a faggot. Empire > Federation

>Empire destined to fall
>superior to a Federation that only gets better

potato potato

She wasn't half as charming as McCoy she was just a cranky old lady

>the right way of saying it and a wrong way

>One of the executive producers hated Gates McFadden for some reason and had Roddenberry fire her.
Maurice Hurley hated her because she refused to sleep with him.

>Roddenberry died, the producer left and Berman invited her back.
She returned in 1989, and Roddenberry didn't die until 1991.

It comes from people who see Bane threads and say "Wow, I wish that I could be as cool as those cool posters."

I'm sorry, can you say his name again?

Hwill Hweaton.

Shut up Wesley.

he was a qt back then. wtf happened?!

puberty and the american diet

>actor
shut up wesley

He wasn't, but you can tell they wanted you to believe he was. Like those "studs" on Frasier.

>when you think you are Wesley but you are actually Jake

>t. neckbeard

>this is a 10/10 for whoever casted that show

>Honestly I think the VOY cast has my favorite actors, too bad the writing was weak most of the time

Just imagine Picardo in TNG with TNG writers and TNG budget. I'd take the EMH over Beverly anyday.

hes cute tho.

Old hags are a trektard staple.

TNG is so fucking gay I don't even...

I refuse to watch Voyager because I don't think that women have any business commanding star ships.

It's because they made the mistake of making him a super genius rather than just an ambitious young character (See: Nog) who faces challenges and have to actually gain skills.

>and the Janeway

Isn't Virigin 3 the planet they crash the Enterprise on?

The fact that Wheaton hates Wesley makes me like Wesley a bit more

yea report to my *deck*, crusher

he pretty much has to hate wesley the entire internet hated wesley.

Lore, who's bad-ass unlike yes-man Data

Janeway-Chipotlay power struggles were the best part of that show (Picardo aside).

>Pulaski was the only thing that made season 2 watchable

She actually added to it's lack of entertainment for me.

>NO EFFECT!

This.

Spock had some vague understanding of emotions, even if he chose to eschew them. Data is pretty much a hyper intelligent child learning about humanity.

McCoy shitting on Spock comes across as jovial and light hearted because Spock made the choice to not feel emotions

Pulaski came across like she was kicking a kid in the shins when she shat on Data

There's literally nothing wrong with bullying a machine. Many characters on Star Trek understood this.

Data is considered a sentient being under Federation laws, he is not just a machine

I'm not saying there is in universe, but for the audience, the one it was easiest to form a bond with was Data. Particularly in those first two seasons where everyone was uptight and sterile.

She might not have come across as such a prick had her season been S6 or whatever, but in season 2 when she's bullying what is objectively the best character at that point? Nah.

>the episode where Data refuse to help his colleagues because it would cost the life of some new AI

in that case Paulanski bullying would have been justified

>in that case Paulanski bullying would have been justified

The fact that you are reaching this far to a season that Pulaski wasn't even in should end this argument once and for all.

>someone in the middle of nowhere can just decide calculators are people for everyone.

So she's a cunt, no one is disputing that, but that's still more interesting than ms.Blank.

youtube.com/watch?v=jtmbzJNPsaQ

>So she's a cunt, no one is disputing that, but that's still more interesting than ms.Blank.

Pulaski is the most sterile person on the crew when not around Data. Her entire personality is this wooden half-human thing that comes off as more androidish than Data. She has no character, so if you make the comparison to Crusher, you actually find out that Pulaski is "ms.Blank" and fails to hold up against Crusher except in Season 1 when it comes to this value.

Casting this dull old woman to replace a moderately attractive and at least somewhat realistic person in Crusher wasn't a good decision.

>for like 95% of her screen time her face looks exactly like pic related

Numale faggot.