Today I was walking down the street and I passed by a woman who was looking for something in her handbag...

Today I was walking down the street and I passed by a woman who was looking for something in her handbag. She said 'Where's my lipstick,' and I immediately thought 'Well, that's like the pipe strip, in a way.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

Why does Jon look at the camera

That's a really interesting question and I've been rolling that over in my mind the past few years. I think to properly answer this, you have to consider a few factors. Notice how the smoke from Garfield's pipe ascends past the borders of the frame? There's surely some metaphysical elements at work within the piece. After spending three years completing my undergraduate philosophy degree at Cambridge and then my masters at Oxford, I ultimately believe that Jim Davis is alluding to the fact that we (Human beings) live in a universe made of ten dimensions but forcibly restrict ourselves to seeing and interacting with only three.

I've been thinking about writing a thesis on this question, thank you for bringing it up.

Me too

He took that pipe from him! Haha

Is the green wall blue floor room a rage room as well? Or does it give garfield some sort of a serene effect.

>It's a Fatal Farm spams a forced meme to shill Lasagna Cat and only ends up turning Sup Forums off from watching something they would probably enjoy if allowed to find it organically episode.

Hehe yeah. But did you see that last panel, my man. How the h*ck did that big cat suddenly get it back?

I like more Heathcliff comics.

Do you also like eating shit?

Stupid fucking tripfag.

I was being facetious, dipshit, as well as everyone else in this thread.

Actually, the last panel is a hint that we can read this strip from right to left, so in that way, Jon is resigned to his future with no pipe.
Also, there is also other interpretation, in which the last panel shows how the middle panel is actually part of the smoke, a hallucination or a mirage in which Jon shows a meaning to the movement of his hand in the first panel. Without this second panel, Jon's movement would just a continuum of his empty life where he doesn't even have a pipe, and he is just so depressed that he can't even read the paper as a complete human being.

That's not the camera, it's a cloaked t-800

POOK!

The origin of Pooky?
I wonder...

>rhymes with took

coincidence ?

My grandparents cat was named Pook.
Now I know where they got the name from; the sound of a pipe being yanked from a cat's mouth.

>1978
>the dirty decade
>Cold War
First panel: Jon examines the reality he exists in
Second panel: read between the lines "My instincts tell me life shouldn't be so horrible"
Third panel: He comes to the realization that reality is absurd and might as well be the drug induced trip dream of a housecat

Rate pls

Or did in fact Jim Davis draw inspiration from your grandparents cat?

truly ahead of its time

I had an experience in which I had heard of a young pregnant girl, and I thought it was kind of like the Sex Survey Results in a way.

does anyone have the full transcript yet?

I can type one up when I get home

please do