Redpill me on Hemp

Redpill me on Hemp.

Is it REALLY a miracle plant with 1001 uses or are the college student envirotwats who want to legalize hemp "FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!" saying it just because they want to get stoned on pot and they don't realize that hemp is a highly impractical material to use nowadays and if you want biodegradable plastics that corn resin is a better and more feasible option.

I'm banking on the later because twats like this person clearly don't know shit about anything.
thatonebirdnerd.tumblr.com/post/146985030507/roseynopes-graceebooks-phroyd-hemp-is-so

Other urls found in this thread:

modernfarmer.com/2013/10/legal-industrial-hemp-wont-matter/
hempwick.com/pages/what-is-hempwick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hippy bullshit.
Hemp rope is about 10% stronger than cotton, but its less than half the strength of nylon or polyester ropes.
Per acre its only able to produce about 1/20th as much pulp fiber compared to loblolly pines. Although it can be harvested much more often per acre- we don't have a shortage of pine lots in this country.
Fabrics are not as soft as cottons.
Its also very susceptible to insect infestation.
So overall its just stoner dreams.

if it did everything stoners told you, we'd be using it by now. there's no conspiracy

Hemp is great for making clothes...

That's about it.

So how do I respond to "muh lumber industry felt threatened by MIRACLE HEMP so it got banned!!!!" claims they often lay out?

I have one shirt made from I think 80% hemp made by converse. It's super heavy kind of hot and itchy. I've also had it for like 12 years.

>12 year old shirt

Well, yeah, I should've said durable clothes. It's definitely not comfortable.

Does have uses, the insulation you can make from it is some of the absolute best.
>implying only hemp gets pests
Nice try.

It isn't the pinnacle of commodities but both hemp and cannabis have their benefits and should just be decriminalized and people worry about bigger problems.

>twats like this person clearly don't know shit about anything

I think the same thing about people who come to Sup Forums with questions.

>hemp gets caterpillars and is eaten down to the roots.
>pines get cater... Oh wait, loblolly pines are extremely hard to kill from pests, and grow 3-4 feet a year. When planting them, you actually have to thin them out every few years or they don't get enough sunlight.
I live in a logging community.

>Hippy bullshit

You fucking faggots are going to let yourselves get cucked because of some cointel hippy bullshit

Fucking retards

Hemp would solve a lot of problems. In fact you stupid fucks, 'hippies' don't even give a shit about hemp and only care about getting stoned. Only smart businessmen in areas where marijuana has become legal are growing hemp, all the retarded hippies are growing 6 plants and forgetting about saving the world.

Tell me one thing hemp is better for than another crop.

>Comestible seeds and good source of omega 3/6
>Hemp fiber can be used in paper, cordage, clothes
>One acre of hemp produces more paper than 3 of eucalyptus
>but muh stoners
Not an argument.

I thought so.

Omega fatty acids can be harvested from many, many things.
Hemp fiber sucks for cloth.
We don't use eucalyptus for paper- because loblolly, long leaf and slash pines all produce more than hemp.
Nothing you posted is BETTER than an alternate crop.

>I thought so
Fucking kill yourself you retarded newfag shill.

Name one crop with as many uses as hemp, as renewable and easily growable as hemp, with the same capacity for cleansing the earth(literally cleaning, not metaphorically)

But nevermind any of that, why the fuck shouldn't the crop be legal? So people with investments in shitty crops don't lose?

>Comestible seeds and good source of omega 3/6
Flax. Next.

>Hemp fiber can be used in paper, cordage, clothes
We have stronger cordage materials than hemp, hemp paper is on par with the "recycled paper" you made in 2nd Grade Science class and you clearly have never worn a hemp shirt if you think Hemp clothing is a good idea. Hemp is shit for these purposes.

>One acre of hemp produces more paper than 3 of eucalyptus
>Portugaul
>talking about koala trees
U wot m8?
Eucalyptus isn't used for the bulk of paper dipshit.

>but muh stoners
>t. stoner

t. globalist cucks

Name one fucking reason why industrial hemp, which has absolutely no thc or CBD, shouldn't be a legal plant.

>Fucking kill yourself you retarded newfag shill.
Nice argument.

>Name one crop with as many uses as hemp
Name all the crops with the same uses as hemp and tell me why hemp is better than those.

>as renewable and easily growable as hemp
modernfarmer.com/2013/10/legal-industrial-hemp-wont-matter/
Hemp is like Almonds when it comes to water consumption.

with the same capacity for cleansing the earth(literally cleaning, not metaphorically)
Rotation crops right? Try soybeans.

>one crop that does a lot of things poorly
Vs
>a specific crop that does one or two things extremely well.
Because people will use it as a stepping stone to legalize pot.
Unless you're a third world nation, theres much better alternatives for anything hemp can do.
Its actually a poor usage of acreage.

Not any of the people you're talking to, but the question at hand isn't the merits of its legal status, but rather the merits of the plant itself. I don't think anyone here said it should be illegal, just that there are better alternatives. Not that anyone itt knows how to source their shit, but loggingtownbro in here seems to know his shit anecdotally

I understand you're posting from your moms basement and all- but some of us actually own land and grow crops.
Hemp is a joke.

I agree with your skepticism on the claims of its usefulness, but it probably shouldn't be illegal imo. I mean what reason does the government have to ban it? other than as you say it promoting recreational buds, but there's no doubt questions about if that is even justified

Hemp is as useful as Poppies are.

Shit banned drug with an extremely niche consumer base.

>Given his families business
>defends it till the end

Like I said, kill yourself faggot. I've been all over this country and know of hemp growers in both Colorado and Oregon. The Colorado growers have every single part of their plant sold to a different person. Seeds, stems, leaves, everything all to different groups for different purposes.

Hemp is such a joke, faggots like you lobby for it to be illegal when there's no reason for it to be. After all, it's a 'joke' right? So why do you feel the need to defend your logging industry as if it were somehow threatened? Oh, because then pot will be legal? fucking Christ, you're some dumb cuck from Washington or Oregon aren't you? Mad at all the stupid hippies that are flooding your state so instead of looking at their points and what they might have right, you just dismiss it all as bullshit.

You don't do shit but grow trees, faggot

"Yeah, and Tommy Wiseau is actually D.B. Cooper."

>retarded newfag shill
Dank memes, kid. It's funny because you felt it necessary to greentext quote his three-letter post.

hemp is more inefficient for usage in pretty much anything. like you said, there's a lot more cost effective materials used today.

It's actually not illegal in many places, as long as it's industrial hemp.

Henry Ford knew it was useful

>"Why would we use a resource that takes years to grow (trees), when there is an even better season plant for fuel and plastics instead (hemp)"

i be back in 5 minutes

Hemp=Pot.

Pot destroys you lungs like any smoking drug, THC cakes your brainfat (the dopey behavior of dope high stays with you bro) and causes infertility.
Plus unlike booze, we haven't been toking up since 10'000 BC enough to develop a tolerance to it or a healthy culture of marijuana consumption like with alcohol.

It's safer than crystal meth of shooting smack into your eyeballs, but safer than alcohol or even tobacco? HAH!

Hemp as a material should not be outlawed. Weed should not be outlawed, but taxed heavily like alcohol and tobacco. The only reason it was illegal in the first place was 1930's muckraker sensationalism and imported laborer's from mexico. He used fear of illegal farm workers and the Great depression to push to get it illegalized nation wide through his newspaper.
I mean, he wasn't wrong in the demographic of who was using it(Mexicans and Blacks).

Dank argument faggots, I guess we should make dandelions illegal because they're not "useful" enough? Because other plants are more legal? Because if we keep dandelions legal, people will use it as an excuse to make red poppies legal?(even though they already basically are)

>Hemp=Pot
Oh my fucking fuck you're so retarded

Hemp has no THC(What gets you 'high') or CBD (The medicinal use)

NOT AN ARGUMENT

How the fuck can you be so ignor-

>checks flag

Ah. Nevermind.

Essentially this.

Help might have been a wonder product 100 years ago, but we have moved past it in terms of usefulness. We don't need "Hemp plastic" or "hemp ropes" or whatever anymore, science has gone far beyond that.

Weed shouldn't be illegal, but that's a different matter entirely. I find the idea of trying to push hemp as this "wonder product" disingenuous because it's mostly pushed by stoners who want weed to be made legal. In reality, hemp plants can be cultivated in ways to prevent most, if not all of, the psychoactive properties from being present. IIRC hemp is actually cultivated in the US for various things, and it's grown in ways like this.

The man died in 1947.

We have had DECADES of progress in the industry to the level that the plastic and lumber industry of his day was a completly different thing in our day.

Hemp was a rising star, it got banned, the industries threatened then now have advanced to levels where trying to compete against them with hemp is highly impractical.

Corn resin is already a biodegradable plastic alternative that makes hemp even more impractical a concept. Because we have corn industry already.

Agreeing I already said it's not comfortable. It's more gray than black now but it does say 'converse hemp' on the arm and that has opened many conversations.

For that matter why should any of those be taxed and regulated? All that does is reduce the amount of people who are able to produce them and give more political influence to those who can.

Hemp is bullshit.

The only reason people are obsessed with it is because of the marijuana connection.

Historically it had its uses (the word Canvas is derived from Cannabis) but it's been overshadowed now.

Jute is a much more useful plant, and you never fucking hear about it.

I got some gardening twine a week ago. JUTE TWINE. What the fuck is jute. Looked it up. Oh. It's one of the most useful and mass produced natural fibers on earth and the fibers range in softness from coarse burlap/coffee sack quality to SILK. SILK.

Moreover, third world countries can produce shit tons of it and it can become a cash crop for countries with enough water to grow it.

Current lead producer is Bangladesh if I recall correctly.

Jute. Read about it. Neat stuff and I had never even heard of it before.

>Corn resin is already a biodegradable plastic alternative that makes hemp even more impractical a concept. Because we have corn industry already
I bet you'd get more output per acre if they used hemp instead of corn

But you're correct, the polyethylene & plastics industry has advanced greatly since then, I can only wonder how different it would be today if they had no stifled development and research into hemp-based varieties and alternatives

it's just an excuse for edgy hippies to promote weed more

How the fuck did you forget that hemp and pot are the same species?
>checks flag
Ah. Nevermind.

6mm hemp rope is good for bondage, outside of that it's not really good

it keeps some amount of degenerates from getting their weed. I'd rather have limited civilian production if that means my colleagues aren't total fucking retards

versatility
can make a wide variety of great (maybe not eh best) products

man, this must be a new record for the amount of impotent retarded anger contained in one post

It's the same species dude.

>new record for someone being MAD
First week here, Canadian? You can't even refute the point I made in that post, faggot

The simple solution to that would be to give your boss the freedom to not hire degenerates.

Are you just pretending to be rearded? That turkroach is right, you're fucking dumb

Look it up faggot, industrial hemp might as well be a completely different plant from "pot"

What makes 'pot' pot is the THC. Industrial hemp doesn't have any THC.

true. but at that point, that would get the SJW's to protect stoners as an oppressed minority or some shit like that. Then even more degeneracy comes.

Good for sadistic bondage. If I only had one kind of rope in my bag it would not be hemp.

Some country already grow hemp for those usage though. The THC level in the species used is so low that you might as well try to get high from smoking sage.

Lol.
I bought my land in Georgia 2 years ago.
I'm actually from San Diego.
Last year I planted about 1,800 pines (1,000 loblolly and around 800 slash). They'll be thinned down to around 600 eventually.
I don't plan on ever harvesting them, they're not my cash crop.
Those people who do log change to whatever plant is the most effective.
My state will actually pay you to plant long leaf pines (the natural pine of this area), because nobody plants it anymore since loblolly has such a higher return rate. If hemp was better, the logging industry would have spent billions of dollars to pass legislature legalizing it to increase their own paychecks.
Hint- every time a pine is cut down, another one has to be planted to replace it. Cleanup after logging is costly and time consuming. If they could get paid the same for harvesting weeds, they would.
It should be legal. But the pot connection is too much of a hassle for such a poor crop.

If the globalist elite media weren't able to buy favors from the government, do you think the SJWs funded by them would have any power?

if you treat it properly it can be soft, though I agree. jute is pretty good too, a little softer iirc

>tfw no bf to tie me up and fuck me while he gets off on hurting me

PS:
The whole "xx industry shut down hemp production to protect their interests" is bullshit.
Most farmers rotate crops every year.
Loggers will throw anything on the truck they can make money on.
Peaches were once Georgia's no.1 crop.
Now its blueberry's.
If hemp was better, farmers would have changed to it.
But its crap.
I bought into the hemp meme when I was young. Even used hemp string/thread for some projects.
Then I learned that theres always a better product than anything hemp based.

It's like "Hey we should use sharpened rocks for cutting! Metal is hardly as useful as sharpened rock! Rock has SO MANY USES!" right? The time for this plant's utility is long passed.

It isn't a miracle plant. Just because it can be used doesn't mean it should.

Jute has brought us together. My body is ready.

I hope you're a size queen. I love fisting.

USSR used to cultivate hemp pretty seriously

Why did they quit?

Because of the junkies and more common cotton

>I live in a logging community.
sounds comfy

>we should be emulating commie Russians in ANY degree

Its different than the big city, that's for sure.
I lived in san Diego, then Houston, then las Vegas.
Now the closest town is 247 people.
My last apartment complex in Vegas had 4x as many people.
It's nice, everyone should do it. We can reclaim the country. After the cities burn, we'll be on standby out in the wood line.

Maybe the himp rope will be strong to hold the weight of the emaciated leftists though?

>versatility
A jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none type crop is not what you want to put your efforts into farming and processing.
The point of farming crops for textiles is SPECIALIZATION, not versatility. A company that wants material for clothing doesn't give two shits if that material can double as rope fiber or insulation, they want clothing quality textile and vice versa for other manufacturers.

unless you're a fat cunt then hemp will hold you easily. I've done suspension with it a ton of times and it hasn't given out once, I use it to support my hammock when I'm camping, etc

it's plenty strong, especially if you double up

That's it.

Hemp WAS promising early on, but now it's utility is a relic of the past.

I'm to lazy to top with rope. Seran wrap is fun as fuck though.

kek typical american response, too lazy to do something properly so you resort to food related things

ffs not everything is a burger

also

It's bullshit. The big benefit stoners always drone on about is that it could save the rainforests because it's a more abundant source of paper pulp but it's completely false, hemp is one of the least efficient paper pulp producing industrial plants available and it can not even compare to trees. The fact that we have massive long-term sustainable pine farms everywhere makes this point irrelevant anyway, we're farming trees sustainably on a massive scale now, the culprits of rainforest deforestation are shithole 3rd world nations that are not cutting trees for pulp, but to turn the forest into agricultural land, it has nothing to do with paper at all.

Hemp is not a miracle product, not even close, it's a complete fucking meme. It shouldn't be illegal, but lying about it isn't going to solve anything.

I weigh less than you and bottom primarily. I could give less of a fuck about learning how to do rope suspension when a:there's to many rope tops in my area anyway and b: I have nice leather cuffs that are quicker.

your choice, there's no better feeling than your bf untying you after a super rough scene though and then cuddling after

hemp plastic is biodegradable too

Corn Resin.

Why not both? We don't need it for cordage but it can reinforce plastics. Hemp seed oil has multiple uses.

Making it into fibreboard for construction would be the best use of hemp stalks today. It grows quicker than trees.

Best way to light your buds.
hempwick.com/pages/what-is-hempwick