What are the top 5 best television shows ever created?

What are the top 5 best television shows ever created?

Mine are:
Twilight Zone
Twin Peaks
The X Files
Lost
Seinfeld

bump

>no anime titles
utter bleb

Bubblegum Crisis

replace Lost with The Sopranos and I'll allow it

The Wire
The Shield
The Sopranos
Twin Peaks
Millennium

Sup Forums

Vinyl
Mad Men
The Sopranos
The Wire
Ed Edd n Eddy

Twin Peaks
Deadwood
The Kingdom (original)
Nile City 105,6
Top of the Lake

Contenders that almost made the list. To be honest I don't know what to really put at place #4 and #5:

Peep Show
The Wire
The X-files

Twin Peaks
LOST
The Sopranos
The Leftovers
The Prisoner

>confusion and spirituality kino

>having anime in your top five

SUPREME PLEB

>Seinfeld
>curb
>oz
>sunny
>sopranos
Your list isn't too bad though. Only complaint is I think the twilight zone is massively overrated but I also understand it was the first high quality show of its kind so I get why everyone praises it so much. X files is top tier, and I haven't seen all of lost but what I saw was great.

>Objective:
Twin Peaks
Oz
The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad

>Subjective (personal favs):
Six Feet Under
Boardwalk Empire
Oz
Twin Peaks
The Knick

The Sopranos
The Wire
Seinfeld
Generation Kill
Mad Men S1-5 (should have ended with, "Are you alone?" and You Only Live Twice)

>windows

>The Expanse

aaaayyyyyy

too early to tell if it's GOAT though

True Detective series 1
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Twin Peaks
Star Trek

Mad Men
Soprano's
Twin Peaks
Rome
Deadwood

Twin Peaks
The Sopranos
Freaks and Geeks
Seinfeld
Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job

I'm just coming in to say I like that The X Files is actually getting support ITT.

Okay question: does a series have to be good all the way through to be considered one of the greatest?

Both X Files and Twin Peaks went to shit near the end, I think pretty much everyone will agree with that.

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Northern Exposure
Treme
The Larry Sanders Show
Gilmore Girls

i can't quantify how great it was to grow up in the nineties and have a based x files episode to watch every friday night. my english teacher has x files posters on the wall of her classroom

it was a cultural phenomenon desu. even Sup Forums can't be contrarian enough to deny that, when there's so much shit out there.

no. see my folder listed above? every tv show has a shit last season, even the fucking space one. I actually deleted the last season or two of most of those shoes.

People would consider The Simpsons one of the greatest comedies/shows of all time, and it hasn't been great in almost 20 years.

When The X Files was 'good', it was usually some of the best episodes of TV around. I don't see why that should be forgotten.

Not to mention that whilst it's generally agreed they went downhill, both The X Files and Twin Peaks have some defenders.

Fringe Firefly X-Files Moonlighting Ally McBeal

Sopranos only had one "bad" season and it wasn't bad, just not as good as the others. Breaking Bad was good all the way through. Very very rare though for a show to stay good and end good.

yes we'll see how it turns out. but it deserved my hdd space for making me enjoy it so much.

The issue with Breaking Bad is that you can't re-watch and get close to the same enjoyment. Better Call Saul would unironically be a better choice, based on the first two seasons.

blame (((greedy hollywood producers))) they often drag a show out for as long as humanly possible if it's popular, or cancel it early if it's not. they don't often let it run it's course naturally

>Breaking Bad was good all the way through
that's where you're wrong kiddo

Trivia: original Star Trek was cancelled before the ratings system accounted for demographics. It was a gold mine for advertising to the 18-35 male market but the executives had no idea. If they had measured ratings like they do now it never would have been cancelled.

whatever dude

Sopranos
Young Pope
Generation Kill
Rome
Band of Brothers

>Firefly
>Twin Peaks
>X-files
>Better Call Saul
>Cowboy BeBop

The Sopranos
The Simpsons
The Wire
The Shield
Adam-12

True Detective 1
Mad Men

He's right. It went to shit in the final season.

Twin Peaks
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Battlestar Galactica
The Sopranos

The Sopranos
The Wire
Twin Peaks
Seasons 3-9 of The Simposons
Curb Your Enthusiasm

>Battlestar Galactica
All those plot holes and forgotten sub plots

Twin Peaks dipped during the middle of season 2, cut James after he rides off on his bike and it's infinitely better. I do think the last part of season 2 was pretty good though.

True detective (S1)
Rome
Dark Angel
GOT
Westworld

St. Elsewhere
Northern Exposure

Rewatch the first 2 seasons of The Simpsons. They're GOAT when you're an adult. I promise.

St. Elsewhere
Northern Exposure

Twin Peaks
The Prisoner
Mad Men
The Wire
Arrested Development

Chobits

bump

Inferior to Sailor Moon.

BUMP