/cfb/ general - TITLE GAME WEEK edition

WHO YA GOT

Other urls found in this thread:

winsipedia.com/texas-am/vs/tcu
twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/935695956733059073
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR SIX TEAM PLAYOFF

>Dallas is considered the neutral field when a team from Ohio plays a team from Fort Worth
kek

>FAU in a landslide

BASED LANE

Penn State shouldn't have even been ranked above Michigan, who beat them by 39.

Ohio State defeated three teams in the top 8 and their only loss was to another team in the top 8. Penn State beat two teams in the top 8, lost to a team in the top 8 and the #24 team.

It's not even close, and that's why no poll had Penn State in the top 4, or Ohio State not in it.

Why can't D-IA have a playoff system like D-IAA, D-II and D-III?

To preserve the greatest regular season in sports.

When have more than four teams deserved it? Only 2014 Baylor. If Wisconsin loses we're deciding between a team that lost to Iowa by 31 and a team that has 0 quality wins. There wouldn't even be four deserving teams, much less 8.

>ohio state fans are the most delusional in college footb-

this is a good point. I wish there was some metric and sliding scale that allowed anywhere from 2-8 teams to get in

HAIL

>people unironically want an 8 team or 16 team playoff

desu their resume isn't that much worse than OSUs

same scenario when Oregon played LSU in 2011

They have better losses but worse wins.

OFFICIAL /cfb/ number of seeds in FBS playoffs rankings:

1. 6
2. 16
3. 8
4. 4
5. 2

Georgia fan here. I'm not feeling good about this week lads.
What would my Dawgs need to do in order to win this this week? Auburn looks like they're on to their way to the Super Bowl right now.
Seriously. I can't take always being a bridesmaid and never a bride anymore. Watching Chubb, Sony, Bellamy and Carter cry might send me over the edge after living through the events of December 1st 2012.

They're damn good dawgs user.

Which program is better historically, TAMU or TCU?

Boise state played Virginia tech in Washington DC which was a “””neutral location”””

Reposting from old thread.

Pic related is why Bama will get picked over Ohio State. Also, Bama's quality loss has a lot to blame on injured defensive players, many of which will be healed and ready to play by the time CFP comes around.

And don't say this isn't the same team as last year, because tOSU gave up FIFTY FIVE points against Iowa.

Not a Bama fan, but they deserve to be in over Ohio State for sure.

Only 2, 4, or 8 make sense though to avoid heavily weighting it to a somewhat arbitrary #1 (imagine a 3 team playoff).

The best solution is what we have, the most deserving 4 teams.

>bragging about a better loss
>reaching this hard for straws
Ohio state fans

TAMU

there is this great thing called winsipedia. you should try using it sometime

lmao shut the fuck up bitch

I'm saying USC has better losses you stupid fuck

winsipedia.com/texas-am/vs/tcu

>posting pepe

That's just a head to head record.

its the best most often, probably. but it opens the door to disasters if you simply think about having five power conferences. I also think undefeated teams being shut out pretty much indicates that there is no reason to pretend every team in the FBS has the opportunity to contend for the title, and therefore doesn't make any sense to have structured this way.

wrong

scroll down you monkey

still the only correct way

No one gives a fuck about UCF until they play real teams

nope

>And don't say this isn't the same team as last year
They're actually worse than last year because they miss the elite secondary they had in 2016. They're still a better team than Alabama though.

yep

>no gundy

we're never going to be good again

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?

SOMEONE GIVE US A COACH

Winning your conference should be an automatic berth. Its the only tangible metric to go by. Pretending we know who is better between a Pac 12 team and an SEC team when they not only havent played each other but the vast majority of the time dont even have a common opponent is wildly subjective.

I would hate to balloon it up to 8 but I think thats the best number. I just wish the P5 conference winners played in the playoff regardless but 5 is an unwieldy number

If Ohio State crushes Wisconsin then sure, they deserve to be in. Anything less than a 4 TD lead and I don't think so.

what's the point of having an FBS if half of the teams aren't considered "real"? Considering the fact that schedules are composed years in advance, there's no way to even know if p5 teams will be any good when they are set to play. the whole structure is silly, and its not just UCF.

I wish we could've seen Boise memeing their way through the playoffs in 2007.

They just beat a pretty solid USF team with a top 10 coach in the nation (Charlie Strong)

see

Yeah, oretty much the same thing they did in 2014. I still think Wisconsin has a better chance of winning though simply because this Ohio State team is so inconsistent.

twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/935695956733059073

PRESS L TO LAUGH AT KEKY TOP

Saying any undefeated deserves to be in encourages the very weakest scheduling, which is what we should be avoiding.

>turning down double what you make at Okie Lite
jesus Gundy is never leaving Stillwater

Hmm, I didn't realze TCU was in the old SWC.

The big 12 needs to bring in SMU and Houston. Football is big enough it Texas to have 6 football teams in the same conference.

If Ohio State beats Wiscy they have two Top 4 wins this season to Alabama's 1 (One).
>but muh blow-out loss to Iowa
Ohio State also blew out a #12 team that was ahead of them and made it look like they were taking on Rice

There's no one available that is decent

We're gonna be bad forever

>bama and ohio state are out of the playoffs
>people start campaigning to expand the playoff
really makes one ponder

This is true, and you didn't even mention that P5s don't have to agree to play you. G5 should be its own division.

An undefeated 2016 Houston would have made the playoff though.

that's a good point. I think having 3 at large would solve it all, though.

cl*y tr*vis is a piece of fucking dogshit

would solve all of the subjectivity problems

This.
>committee rules that undefeated teams deserve to be in automatically
>Alabama promptly becomes independent and schedules Anchorage Community College and Southeastern Cheyenne Baptist Tech

PRO/REL
4 conferences
OOC strictly for early season tune-up and late season rivalry games

>bama and ohio state are out of the playoffs
one of them is getting in. and this expansion talk happens literally every year

Big 12 offenses don't usually do that great in the SEC. Tennessee comes out of this on top I think, Mostly just because they're just finally getting over mullets in parts of the state.

There's no need. There should be no need for rematches in the playoff. There are so many teams and so few games we don't even have time for all the good teams to play each other once. Look at 2011; LSU winning the first Alabama was irrelevant, Alabama winning the second was the only one that mattered. It cheapened the regular season.

An 8 team playoff would have MULTIPLE rematches. Auburn's a weird case this year, but should they get in they will have been the only rematch so far.

It would do a lot of good if the little 5 conferences were seperated into another division. It would force Power 5 schools to play one another in the nonconference. It makes little sense to consider the Sun Belt and the SEC the same
>inb4 Troy/LSU
the Sun Belt went 0-16 outside of that game against the Power 5, the best any of them did was the American at 4-10

>blow-out loss to Iowa.

Hi! We led Iowa into the 4th quarter. Iowa is terrible Get fucked.

That's pretty cool he's kinda loyal to his alma matter

I hate Boise State because them upsetting Oklahoma started the trend of people overrating podunk shithole squads with good records even though they're playing utter nobodies for the next 30 years.

Oh hey, playoffs.
Are you.......................Badgered?

'no.'

yeah thank god WMU lost last year or we still wouldn't have heard the end of it and UCF would be #1

took you long enough

>podunk shithole squads

Have you BEEN to Oklahoma?

You need to call Phil Fulmer

bring back Phil, he wont lead you to the promised land, but he'll get you to a bowl game

i'd rather have more teams in than deserve it than exclude any deserving ones on a subjective basis. i suppose that's just a matter of opinion.

Wisconsin is the one team with a chance that is kind of a mystery.

Ohio State also beat two ranked teams that both beat Iowa. That game was just parallel reality.

>with a chance

i'm not sure these squads are overrated, there's just something fundamentally flawed with a team being unrewarded after going undefeated against teams that are all in the same division of the sport.

>mfw Sumlin in bright orange next season

>this much damage control for getting blown out

>parallel reality
Is this the new
>CrossSportsRefrence.jpg
meme?

That means two loss teams. Why should two loss teams get in? Auburn is the exception, not the rule. There has been one two loss champion in the history of football, and only because everyone had two losses that year.

>he still thinks Wiscy isn't getting HASKIN'D

why should one loss teams get in? why not go back to the old bowl system where an undefeated champ wouldn't have to prove itself against a 1 loss team?

somehow never thought of this. still dont like arbitrarily giving two teams byes but there is no perfect fit as is. I agree with this

It happens literally every year. Fucking MARSHALL was a ranked undefeated team for some time in 2014 and retards were unironically cunting about muh P5 bias and saying Marshall deserves to be in the playoff conversation, until they lost to Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (kek).

>PRO/REL
I think this would be incredibly useful for college football. Imagine if UCF could immediately jump into games against SEC teams next year

I mean, they did play a part in getting Les Miles fired last year.

prorel or 6-seed bracket are the only REMOTELY fair options

the only trouble with prorel is you'd have to maintain rivalry games so true round-robin tiers would have to be 9 or 10 team tiers

they'd get fucked up. but at least they'd have earned their shot. plus you can eternal shitters like buttgers and vandy to where they belong

They did get blown out, however the very next week they got a 48-3 trouncing against a MSU squad that beat Iowa. It's just that everything that could go wrong for Ohio State at Kinnick did go wrong, the most talented D-Line in the nation was being pushed around by literal whos.

Is there a more cucked program than Tennessee?

Because there have been one loss champions as long as there has been college football.

>the old bowl system where an undefeated champ wouldn't have to prove itself against a 1 loss team?
Pure fantasy. See pic related.

No.

i meant in the additional game that we have now, obviously, dumbass. You're arguing about precedent. Fair enough, but I'm arguing about the inherent limitations of subjectively ranking apples and oranges.

they're Baylor tier and they didn't even rape anyone

JUST

You realize the committee takes quality wins over losses right?

Gundy will coach Okie Lite until he's 70 years old, whereas in Tennessee he'd get fired after three years because the delusional boosters would expect him to beat Alabama every year.

not a fan of this meme and it wouldnt work for pro sports but it would work remarkably well for college football because it lines up perfectly with the P5/G5 conference. Couple one P5 with one G5, and geographically its very easy
>SEC/CUSA
>Big Ten/MAC
>ACC/AAC
>Big 12/Mtn West
>Pac 12/Sun Belt

42 Million for 6 years is fucking insane