It's time to discuss the greatest TV series of all time

It's time to discuss the greatest TV series of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_in_popular_culture
youtube.com/watch?v=dWTdmwwK-ME
youtube.com/watch?v=LSI0HU6io7I
youtube.com/watch?v=CLOaIVUT7Nk
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Due South?

looks like a pink floyd cover

Who is number 1?

You are,
Number 6

There is zero chance that more than 4 people on this board have seen The Prisoner

what was up with the ending?
it felt like Evangelion's level of what the fuck

That fucking ball! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? I thought it would be culturally significant enough.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_in_popular_culture

He was number 1 all along, right?

KAR120C

Portmeirion is cosy as fuck. Orange alert. Orange alert.

You are, number Six.

pfff! Liar! You know perfectly well no one knows about this shit. Back to the ball for you.

Danger Man is pretty comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=dWTdmwwK-ME

Second best tv theme opening after I, Claudius.

My nan went on a date with that guy lol.

3 minutes. It's so long yet you can't help but watch it everytime. Modern shows with 20 seconds long credits, I skip them everytime.

I love my wife
She has hair

Why didn't he just tell why he resigned?
Was it autism?

Seconding this. What the fuck was even going on? Can a patrician explain?

I think the comicbook explained that him accepting he was a number broke his mind and made him crazy, also Number two faked his own death and resurrection to fuck with the guy

mystery spy style set up, culminating in a writer taking too many drugs confusing symbolism silliness.
They lost the plot

The Prisoner proves beyond all reasonable doubt all current TV shows are lacking courage. The shit endings of series like Sopranos and Lost as compared to it prove it. They do have lots of boobs though.

Don't need a comic to know he was just broken, and since the series was always from his perspective (the scenes where he wasn't present were things he was imagining), you got to see what reality looked like to a completely broken man.

As I saw it, it was about self-realization/Breaking free from dogma and becoming yourself. The trial was supposed to symbolize a man's life, Hence the young guy, him and the old guy(The three stages of a man's life). And then he rejects being a master of a old/closed/ordered system and ascending to being a free man.

But then again, it was a few years ago and somebody will probably explain it better. I'd reccommend re-watching it and look for symbolisms and draw your own conclusions.

>(the scenes where he wasn't present were things he was imagining)

wait what but there are multiple episodes where people discuss things he couldn't know

He gave a reason when he resigned, they didn't believe/accept it.

He is still not a free man.

Can I get a quick rundown?

youtube.com/watch?v=LSI0HU6io7I

youtube.com/watch?v=CLOaIVUT7Nk

hes speculating shit.

Rover was fucking spooky. I used to actually hide behind the couch. The effects are creepy as fuck.