How long until this technology is where it needs to be?

How long until this technology is where it needs to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2015/07/how-did-ant-man-make-young-michael-douglas.html
youtu.be/ohmajJTcpNk
youtube.com/watch?v=GUreI-H0lBA
youtube.com/watch?v=pBCqP7R42K0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jhisIT_CuQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

soon enough

idk bruh but those eyes need mad work son

we're close but quite not there yet

maybe 5-8 years

> Clu looks best
> 7 year old film

The technology is probably fine now. They just need some autist level artist to show them how to stop fucking it up

According to the company that did 2 out of 3 characters from that image

>The result in the finished film is eerie in its accuracy; it's as if Douglas stepped into the room straight off the cover of Time. There's still a telltale digital sheen, but the de-aging effect has come a long way in the nine years since X3. I asked Claus if this was because technology had gotten better. "It really hasn't changed," he said. "The basic tools have been the same for decades. It's more the experience of the artists that are actually doing the work."

vulture.com/2015/07/how-did-ant-man-make-young-michael-douglas.html

RDJ in Civil War looked decent. I noticed Johnny Depp was de-aged in the was Pirates trailer that looked (so far) pretty good. Seems Disney is the closest to it when they are working with the original people rather than trying to bring back the dead like in Rogue One.

They had the benefit of a ton of young Michael Douglas footage to work with, and Michael Douglas actually being there to act the part.

any visual effect's success relies on our ability to believe in it. when you know something is a special effect, you scrutinize it and instinctively try to figure it out, because you already know it isn't real.

we know michael douglas and carrie fischer are not that age, and we know they didn't hire a lookalike because it's too close, so when we see them de-aged we immediately overscrutinize the effect, and it falls apart.

Who is that Chinese fellow on the top left?

I wonder if, when the tech is good enough, we might have totally CGI "actors" that appear in different movies.
Or perhaps real actors like Eric Roberts licensing their image to 35 movies a year

in time studios will create artificial actors rendering real actors obsolete.

lol it's Picard

It's famous Hong Kong actor 帕特里克·斯图尔特, you pleb

>in the future, movies will be made with a super-advanced version of goanimate

>tron legacy is 7 years old

What happens to blockbusters films when CGI becomes so advanced that it becomes affordable for internet/TV shows or some random guy to match the special effects that people are looking for?

but they would still need dedicated voice actors

>when the intern fucks up the sliders

it's already here and being used.

You just don't know about it.

youtu.be/ohmajJTcpNk

synth voices are getting better and better

>we know michael douglas and carrie fischer are not that age, and we know they didn't hire a lookalike because it's too close, so when we see them de-aged we immediately overscrutinize the effect, and it falls apart.

We're also evolved to recognize real faces and we've grown and been conditioned to interpret subtle variations in expression. To be able to fool all that, an artist needs to be really talented and student of how humans actuall behave.

>when the shitposter posts forced meme

youtube.com/watch?v=GUreI-H0lBA

There will be no need for actors. Computer animation technology will be the new acting. Eventually they will be good enough and cut human acting.

So, they will only need humans to scan them. Maybe even scan them every year from birth till death. Eventually the database will be big enough to sustain a movie industry with cgi actors only. Maybe phase in new faces every once in a while till we have perfect computer generation.

It would have honestly been better if they never showed Leia's face. I instantly recognized who she was just by her clothing the second she appeared.

Her being called princess and the conversation while her face was turned away from the audience should have been the entire scene.

>scanning real people
>not just randomly generating your actors

underrated post

why randomly? sliders like in my mmorpgs

I genuinely forgot this movie wasn't starring michael and kirk douglas for a moment when this happened. also what decade it was?

>Tron 3 isn't happening

Yes, but they can't act. It's the same way computers are powerful but they can't 'think' in the way even the stupidest human can think.

Really makes you, well, you know.

>they can't act
We'll get there though. With neural networks, we might get there very soon even.

>rdj in civil war looked decent

I actually laughed when i saw that in theaters. This is coming from a huge fan of marvel and iron man

can someone give me a quick rundown on these guys?

same
only thing that saves it is that it's a digital simulation in the movie, not meant to be real

Very soon.

80s I think

Definitely the best work done yet. They also filmed the scene casually enough that it seemed natural, unlike the Tarkin scenes in Rogue One where you were constantly aware of the way the shot was framed and how close up it was, it was all so weird.

Don't forget this one.

>mfw

This one blew me away desu

This seems fake. Actually I hope it's fake. What the hell? ?

Naah it's for real, saw it in a program this week and it's almost ready. It was brought up because some people are worried that it will be even more difficult to seperate reality and fiction.

The Ipcress files was pure kino

>Ipcress files
>Zulu
>Itallian Job

The holy trinity of pretty much perfect British Films and they all star our michael

Yeah, and great intro's plus soundtrack as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=pBCqP7R42K0

Seems like Dexter copied this.

not letting the coffee steep before putting down the plunger triggered me though.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jhisIT_CuQ8

Get Carter's where it's at

What game is this from?

No he doesn't, impressive digits tho

I was a fan of Tarkin desu senpai