Ghost in The Shell: 30% on Rotten Tomatoes, place your bets

"They didn't SAAAAAAVE your life"
"They stole it"

Why is the screen writing team so proud of this line? To the point where they placed it in every trailer?

Screenwriters don't generally have any influence on how trailers are edited.

Who gives a shit it should get 5% it looks terrible and scarjo isn't a serious actress

it's going to be a 72%

Its going to get a high rating beacuse of >muh stronk womyn.

I Fucking hate that fat ugly bitch

>screen writing team
>the writers edit trailers

are you 10?

>You are rebels aren't you?
>I rebeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Writers jerked themselves off for months over this one.

This entire bit of the movie cracks me up a little. It's a clear image of what Hollywood dumbing-down/santizing looks like. Mamoru Oshii is a pretty deep guy. Religion was a big part of his life and even after he became an atheist the idea of what a soul is or what makes something human were very important to him. If Angel's Egg is his confession and his anguish, GitS is his rationalization and his attempt to make sense of his world without God, using the setting as a playground to explore his ideas. Hollywood GitS would never think about those things because those things are corrosive to Hollywood. Hollywood would never entertain serious consideration of a soul or humanity having a definition outside corporeality. They degrade all those things and they degrade the original movie to being exclusively concerned with the flesh and rather than focusing on creation (of new life) they focus on resentment (of lost flesh). The very most this movie could ever be is a rape parable, which is exactly the level Hollywood wants people to think at.

the movie was going to suck anyway, but i wish they had at least had a better lead, it would be fap kino

that last trailer was terrible, like everything about it goddamn

Shitpost all you want faggots, this is where animekino truly starts.

but they removed that scene in the movie right?

>GiTS movie
>The story is about investigating whether or not The Major was turned into a robot against her will

Way to completely miss the reason people liked the originals.

Oshii was a one hit wonder. I saw his recent. Ovie Garm Wars, it was the worst thing I've ever seen

Animekino will only truly begin when Tom Cruise does the Yukikaze adaptation.

>one hit wonder
But he made Jin-roh, and had a major part in the Patlabor series.

>he still talks about that line that wasn't even in the movie

Sorry kiddo but its confirmed that she isn't actually the major

Eat shit pleb. He made nothing but good stuff up until Innoscence and both GitS and Angel's Egg are 10 / 10 masterpiece.

>implying you wouldnt
>implying there are users here RIGHT NOW that don't like soft pillowy bodies

They didn't save your franchise.
They stole it.

Also Angel's Egg.
For the ten people that have seen it.

I'll wait for Armond to set the record straight.

It'll be between 40 and 50 percent.

Praising the visuals and complaining about whitewashing, etc.

It has a white lead so of course the ratings are harsh.

I think the movie will be pretty mediocre but its quality (or lack thereof) will be blown out of proportion by both redditors who hate western adaptations of anime and butthurt SJW's who are mad over "muh whitewashing" so 30% is a good estimate I agree

how do you go from this
to this?

I loved that line and I wish they kept it. Quips are good.

>no Deltron 3030 produced soundtrack

destined to fail desu

There was something off about the trailer and the whole aesthetic around it. Like they've hit a middle ground between "lived in world" and state of the art technology to the point I just didn't dig it.

Though I haven't seen the cartoon for about 10 years.

55%

Rotten Tomatoes is one of the biggest shitholes on the internet. GitS is going to be MotY.

Biel should have been the new Wonder Woman. When she works out, really works out like she did for Blade 3, she gets big and cut, but she keeps her amazing as fuck curves.

She's underutilized in Hollywood.

So why didn't they just pick a Japanese actress? Seems like the obvious choice

>She's underutilized in Hollywood.
I agree

MY DICK PLEASE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

.... after last samurai I would 100% trust Tom Cruise with anime roles

yeah because it is ghost in shell weeb shit be happy scarjo is in and it made it to the big screen.

normal people dont watch anime and think its garbage only pretty girls can get away with have these things as a hobby after 15 in our world us men are look at as scum.

Is that enough to offset the "hwhite washing" though?

I want it to be good but I have a feeling that won't be the case.

Yes.

This is accurate.

You willing to bet a 200+ million dollar budget on a nobody just because she's got slanted eyes?

>But he made Jin-roh
He directed and wrote The Red Spectacles and Stray Dog: Kerberos Panzer Cop. He wrote, but didn't direct Jin-Roh.

t. Kerberos saga autist

When Japan makes movie adaptations of American movies/stories, do they cast white peopel? Should they?

It's not about soul in a body vs a machine; the question Hollywood would never tackle is if there is no soul at all

>major
>Japanese

the red spectacles is superior kerberokino anyway

I am so glad that wasn't in the movie. I would have died of embarrassment if it was.

You got a source on this bud?

Have you ever considered, maybe, hollywood isn't trying to force people to think at certain levels, and most people honestly just ... do think at those levels? And will never think at any other level?

AS CONSIDERING THE CURRENT STATE OF DISCOURSE ON THE MAINSTREAM INTERNET, ITS REALLY, REALLY, REEEEAAALLY FUCKING HARD TO THINK ANYONE HAS TO FORCE OR TRICK PEOPLE INTO BEING FUCKING STUPID

Honestly the whole "they stole your life" thing immediately nade me not want to see it. Its clear they missed the entire point of the major and for that matter ghost in the shell.

35%

mediocre action flick, terrible gits movie, but will get some on the hook for visual effects

>they are missing the entire point of the major thus the movie is going to suck hurr durr
Shut fuck up animefags, you are the lowest here.

Not quite the same but close

Ms. Trade would have been screen perfect, but I'm not the one gambling here.

jesus those shoulders

*Traue

Avalon was another good Oshii movie, but I'd have to see it again in black and white. Went through all his films in the mid 00's, but probably didn't grasp most of the political aspects.

>what is your job on the movie set?
>i drive the stairway van

No, that's the footfags, the fart, shit, piss, and diaper fags, the fat fags, the fatfags in denial that spam T H I C C, the blackened / BBC posters, and the mommy posters.

The bottom rung is located in a swirling morass of shit, so they are all the lowest run and they are all equally shit.

you realize the major picked a caucasian body model, right?

>character is solely known as "the Major"
>Fuck up this adaptation so much she was never even in the military
>Still called "the Major" somehow

They've screened it here three times. I think they're fairly confident in it. Probably just small revisions in editing/CGI

>Writer Jamie Moss literally WHO the guy have like 2-3 shit tier movies before this one
>Director Rupert Sanders Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)

HA HA HA
Good luck with this movie

Someone has to utter the heresy:

Japanese people don't look like anime characters

what other GiTS series besides the 90s movie does motoko actually get naked alot? I need to know

She gets naked in the Ghost in the Shell: Arise series.
But only while having cyber sex.

I think she gets naked at one point or another in all of them
read the manga though

she try to fuck a boy in the tv series he was like 12-14

Interestingly, I decided to read the wiki article on the series, and the definition and background of "Stand Alone Complex" fits the description of what the Democrats are trying to do by creating hysteria over "Russians hacked the election!"

Of course, Russians didn't hack the election, because ...how could they? But repeating the phrase over and over and publishing articles about suspicions and conspiracies creates the sense of conspiracy in the public's mind.

Only a super Wizard class hacker could get digits like this.