La La Land

I just saw La La Land with my girlfriend.

It was actually... good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ul6pik7GFW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP saw Moonlight with his new Uncle

Yes

I know bitches who saw this shit in theaters 3 times
It can't be that fucking good, can it?

he's not one of us
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I saw the premiere in Venice and again a couple weeks ago.

It is.

every starbucks-sipping, ugg boots wearing white girl's favorite movie

saw it with my girlfriend yesterday, I thought it was terrific

Also this was legit
youtube.com/watch?v=ul6pik7GFW4

I saw it with my gurlfrondae. I thought it was pretty boring to be quite honest famalam.

It was actually... dishonest

more like every gold-digging, attractive 50 year old shrew's favorite movie.

Yes it is good.

For some reason I have a serious hatred for this movie. Not because the production value or acting was bad, but the actual morals the movie teaches people is absolute trash. I just fucking love how both the main characters just happen to become super fucking successful like it was nothing. Literally a black fade away with some bullshit like (4 years later) and *POOF* outraging success. I'm sorry but that is not even close to how real life works.

Because we are Americans, and therefore half-retarded, I've noticed that a lot of people like to take movies literally. (Especially the artsy bullshit movies) As someone who is coming from the upper class, I look at the main male protagonist as a total fucking loser. The fact that this movie won an oscar just goes to show how brainwashed this fucking country is. A total garbage human being who cant even pay his bills in the beginning is being put on a pedestal and saying, "Its okay to be a cuck! Just follow your dreams and everything will work itself out!" Just goes to show how much the radical left is effecting media nowadays.

Not to mention the truly painfully simple story; like holy fuck could hollywood have chosen a more stereotypical story to fill the minds of our youth?

I'm seriously just fucking done with the media. Not even entertainment anymore, just straight propaganda for the left to bite on.

It was extremely honest.

It was left-wing propaganda if you look close enough.

It was.

objectively the worst song on the album, and not in a still-a-good-song-but-worst-song-on- soundtrack kind of way.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

thoughts on "someone in the crowd'?

Was he farting?

Fortunately they lost to Moonlight though(which, no matter what you think about it, is actually a realistic film)

Gayer than moonlight tbqh

Most of the song is the typical musical crap that I was afraid of. However, when part of it is used again in the Epilogue it's really powerful.

I think that's why the movie is so good: It starts out making you think that it's going to be very musical-esque, but then dials it back to more emotional music until it explodes and then punches you in the gut at the end.

Ive been obsessing over it quite honestly. Hoping the Blu-ray releases soon. I thought the ending was totally unearned though. I think to create this fantasy Los Angeles only to have them not end up together doesn't work because everything else about the story is absurd/fantastical. In a world with instant communication there's no way they couldn't have made their relationship work, especially since Sebs dream was a lot more grounded than Mia's.

Basically you have this incredibly unrealistic, but simple and beautiful story about chasing your dreams and love but to not let them end up together because THAT'S where you decide to draw the line sucked. Goose's smile at the end tore me me up like a bitch.

I think in the end they realized that abandoning each other to not compromise on their dreams was a mistake. There's a reason Damien shows the actors release their smile a bit before cutting.

not.

>A total garbage human being who cant even pay his bills in the beginning is being put on a pedestal
You're implying that not being able to pay your bills is degeneracy. Believe it or not, many great artists have had trouble paying their bills. It doesn't mean they worked any less hard than wagies, and there's no implication that Seb isn't a hard worker. Same with Emma's character, who works and suffers to get her one-woman play out only for it to fail miserably. You're reading into it in a very dishonest way to come to the conclusion that this film is saying miracles happen without hard work.

I also cannot wait for the Blu-ray. It's going to look so pretty when I watch that hill scene again.

Totally agree.

It's supposed to be ambiguous. In real life, it's ambiguous. How can you compare your current happiness to a fantasy? It's only possible in a hyped-up dreamlike way, and I think both characters recognize that.

Isn't the popular interpretation that while sad they can't be together they're grateful for the time they did have and pushing each other towards realizing their dreams or something like that. Like the cost of reaching their dreams was their relationship and they accept that.

Yes that seems to be the prevailing interpretation, but the film is better to me if they realized in that moment that they were wrong to only focus on their dream.

Sebastian says that jazz is about compromise. Sebastian and Mia didn't compromise and therefore they didn't get to create music together.

>with my girlfriend.
did you need to include this?

You haven't seen many musicals, then.

But I liked the one where he was in the woods.