Has your country ever rejected an important invasion/attack that endanged its sovereignty/existence?

Prove it. If you can't, then you live in a non-country

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Diu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampjaar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Dutch_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lechfeld_(955)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Campaign_of_1813
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aljubarrota
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, in 1808-1814.

To this day, it's the worst decision we have made.

Our: Brasil and Uruguay-Argentina

> In 1816, forces from the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarve began the Luso-Brazilian invasion of the Eastern Province - formerly known as the Banda Oriental - and the almost totality of Misiones, also making incursions in the provinces of Corrientes and Entre Ríos.
> In 1821 the Oriental Province, after José Gervasio Artigas was defeated the previous year in the Battle of Tacuarembó, was annexed to Brazil with the name of Province Cisplatina.
> In 1825, with the support of the Argentine government, a group of Orientals and from other provinces, called the Thirty-Three Orientals and led by Juan Antonio Lavalleja, entered the Oriental Province to evict the Brazilian occupants. With the help of Fructuoso Rivera, he was able to withdraw the Brazilian army in a few months and on August 25th, at the Florida Congress, he declared the independence of the Oriental Province of Brazil and its unification with the other provinces that made up the United Provinces of the Río de la Plata or Argentina. Brazil declared war on Argentina.
> Although at the beginning of the hostilities the imperial forces were greater than the republican ones, the United Provinces defeated Brazil in many battles in a three-year struggle by land and sea; the Battle of Ituzaingó being the most important.
> However, the economic and political problems generated in both states, especially the Brazilian Navy's blockade of the port of Buenos Aires and the impasse on land (because Colonia del Sacramento and Montevideo were under Brazilian control during the entire conflict) made it advisable to initiate peace negotiations.
> In 1828, the representatives of the government of the Republic of the United Provinces of Río de la Plata and those of the Emperor of Brazil, Pedro I, signed the Preliminary Peace Convention of 1828, which agreed on the independence of the Orientale Province and the cessation of hostilities.

W-Well... let me tell you
We always need a bit of time

*fuks ur as*

too many times to count

Jus give us a minute the frenchies and spaniards worked out all right
It was just you ok?

*teleports behind your division*

wtf why is malta so powerful

In 1565 we had help. In 1429 I think they just gave up.

ye

I see they feared the semetic warrior

>one battle
>threatened your existence
Just stop.

Hafsids are Semites too though.

it pretty much did tho, the way the Finns held off the massive Russian army for so long was really impressive.
If they hadn't held off so well, their hole country would be an ex-commie shithole today

>Finns fought well and that's why they are not ex-commies
How are they not ex-commies when they lost the war, you may ask? Because conquering them was never the task, the whole war was about moving the border away from the Leningrad.
>held Russian army off for so long
And still lost in the end, so that one doesn't count.

>i-it's not like we tried to annex you or anything, baka

Explain then, why we didn't occupied you when Mannerheim threw his last division into the battle and demanded from government to start peace talks?

yes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Diu

yeah, dunno
Still, I have a feeling had the war been easy, they would have just stormed through Finland because why not

French troops and leaders

We should have let them win, tb h

Fucking revolutionaries

Dragut died in friendly fire and Ottomans retreated because there was no one else to lead the siege

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)

The Netherlands defeated an invasion by England, France and Germany at the same time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampjaar

>In Dutch history, the year 1672 was known as the rampjaar, the "disaster year." That year, following the outbreak of the Franco-Dutch War and the Third Anglo-Dutch War, the Dutch Republic was simultaneously attacked by England, France, and the prince-bishops Bernhard von Galen, bishop of Münster, and Maximilian Henry of Bavaria, archbishop of Cologne. The invading armies quickly defeated most of the Dutch States Army and conquered part of the Republic.

>Despite the initial shock and successful invasion of the eastern Dutch Republic, the English, French and German forces were eventually driven back. The English were defeated by the navy under Michiel de Ruyter in 1674, resulting in the Treaty of Westminster and eventually leading to the Glorious Revolution. Without English pressure and with the French being held in the south, Cologne and Münster also made peace in 1674.

And afterwards we invaded the UK and put a Dutch king on their throne. Which is called the Glorious Revolution.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution

because your campaign was failure and soviets just wanted to end war to save their face. Also western pressure

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Dutch_War

We never really tried to invade you.

We didn't reject it, then Netherlands did. If they weren't our ally at the time, we would've literally been wiped from the map by Sweden.

Yeah you did, but you were stopped by our wartime canals.

>your campaign was a failure
Our war with Germany can also be called a failure (looking at first two years of it and overall losses), yet we were victorious and got some land. Same thing here, you were the one without troops in the end, we could've grabbed everything if we wanted it.
>international pressure
League of nations was a joke, they didn't prevent the war, they didn't stop it, how would they possibly change the results of it?
Anyway, don't make it so complicated, please. The thread is about successful defences, and this ain't one.

Never trust canals...

They were literally about to violate the neutrality norway and Sweden and send expeditionary forces if it would've gone on longer.

+ I grow fucking tired off every goddamn brainwashed little russian i have to fend off in these kinds of threads when iask em about the secret protocol of molotov ribbentrop pact, your kind either denies it or says it's irrelevant tho it clearly states that Finland belongs to the soviet sphere same as baltics. secondly if i mention that similar ultimatums were send to all other baltic states and they got annexed months later, what in god's name makes this case any different? Oh yeah soviet incompetence in snow.

The great patriotic war indeed killed the best minds you had since modern russian is not much to gawk at.

WW I is the first and foremost that comes to my mind, and the only war I can be triggered about when on Sup Forums tbf

>His country isn't undefeated against the Soviet Union
>His country hasn't rejected a full soviet offensive at almost their peak, after their victory in Stalingrad with a man inferiority of 8 to 1
lmao

Such strong words for such little cause, eh? This thread is about successful defences. Your lines were breached, your trenches were empty, your government started peace talks, how is it a SUCCESSFUL fucking defence?
Anyway, I give up. Sorry if I said something hurtful. Cheers.

Yur welcome baka :3

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lechfeld_(955)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Campaign_of_1813

Does this count?
If no then eh..
We attacked Poland and USSR.

I wasn't talking about this thread in particular.

Successful in the mind that Stalin did not achieve his ulterior goals in any stage of history, as in succesfully eradicating the white finnish government. He, Bukharin and even trotsky announced multiple times that Lenin made a mistake supporting the independence of movement of whites Even during interim peace Molotov sent constant communist agitators so the "people" would overthrow the government. Russia and russians are a rotten structure and rotten people that need to be balkanized, dissected and fed to the hungry chinks who hate you even more.

When you have franks with you, you can't lose

You should take a chill pill.

Cuck.

Based

Why?

From my point of view, the revolutionaries were evil

Kill yourself, monarchist Sup Forums faggot.

off yourself, edgy republicuck

>haha you agree with the majority opinion since fucking 1792? clearly you are the edgelord, and me, the dark enlightenment faggot, am the normal one!! xDDD!!

>majority

shut the hell up you disgusting amerimutt

If we had lost this battle we 100% would be part of Spain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aljubarrota

>haha I will try to pretend my edgy opinion is actually the general consensus haahha look mom everyone agrees with me xDD lesmugreactionfacetoimplythatiamsmartandyouaredumbxddd.jpg

I am Greek you disgusting g*rman subhuman.

Seriously, you're an annoying soft cunt

Also, calling other people Sup Forums faggots AND cucks is kinda ironic, don't you think

Not quite unless you mean the War of 1812 but Britain had no realistic possibility of conquering the United States anyway.