youtube.com/watch?v=Uzuo4JMcbaU

No sneak peek yet.

Season Two title sequence:
youtube.com/watch?v=-yzuv3rqHfw

s01e04 CQB episode space battle scene - MCRN Donnager vs Stealth ships
youtube.com/watch?v=SpfCkkKP9eE

Syfy homepage: syfy.com/theexpanse

Belter creole guide: expanse.wikia.com/wiki/Belter_Creole

Wiki: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)

Other urls found in this thread:

dis.Sup
archive.moe/v/thread/280349352/#280356415
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nifty chart showing travel times in the Expanse.

>>But its all brown people in space despite the fact that their countries are shitholes

The only reason that there even is people in the belt is because the drive made it possible to fly in space farther than mars, and in less time than a few months to go in between each place

And it impacts every level of society. The belt is all miners and shit, and with their resources, beamed back to earth, industry has gotten so powerful most people there live on "basic" a type of wellfare where people are contractually obligated to stay home watching tv and shitposting on Sup Forums in order not to go about society fucking up, on account of world populations have gone up the several tens of billions.

That seems incredibly wrong.

The guy who made it says it's under constant 1g acceleration(and decceleration). It takes 150-300 days to reach Mars with current tech but they're not burning fuel all the way like they can in the Expanse. The distance between Earth and Mars can be anywhere between 56- 400million km due to where both are on their orbits. Then comes the need to dodge that big burning ball of hydrogen in the middle of the system which could add to the journey as well.

Space navigation sounds like fun: to start with when you kick off your journey you're aiming at the point where your destination will be in the time it takes you to get there. I can imagine it only gets more fun from there on out re: calculations.

>Space navigation sounds like fun

Try Kerbel Space Program.

If Mars and Earth go to war because of AYY LMAOs starting it I'll be pretty angry.

>Martian Marines talk endlessly about how badass they are and how they're each worth 20 Earth soldiers each
>Are completely baffled by being jammed
>Battle formation is "standing fully upright in a line"

Not impressed.

nth for Drummer

wouldn't that debris have obliterated anyone it hit?

Using modern real world fuel usage, yes

Same

But then again that's probably the point. They're just a bunch of blowhard young guys who've never even been in a real battle, just training exercises

No, it's just the show shitting the bed because they couldn't afford to do the scene properly.

Military maneuvers are one of the worst things movies and tv do. It is even worse than movie "science."

what is being destroyed above ganaymede at the end of the episode and what ships are doing it?

How did the "husk" get on the moon anyway?

Mirrors, which reflect light onto the agricultural domes.

what happened to the mars ship?

don't forget the oldest lieutenant in the universe

also i thought the inbuilt guns looked retarded

and bobbie's suit isn't a different model RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This show is fantastic, yet I'm truly worried it will end because retards can't follow a multilayered story. There are people who think the politics are boring because its not 'relevant', yet are utterly confused as to whats happening or why? How fucking depressing.

Reading all the feedback of the episode people are absolutely freaking out that they dont understand everything instantly and I just feel sorry of content creators these days. Imagine the reading the complaints about people not being able to follow or understand what you haven't shown or explained yet. Imagine having to plan around the people that can deal with not understanding something 'yet' so therefore they call it bad.

Criticism about some of the design fault, inconsistent gravity portrayal and the poor implementation of the martians and there utterly shit military portrayal are legitimate complaints that I wish I saw more conversations about. But mostly I'm seeing people confused as to why earth and mars are fighting as if the two haven't been seconds away from a shooting war for most of this season.

The most interesting things for me this episode were the 1 on 1 character interactions, Holden and Fred, Alex and Amos, Naiomi and sexy voiced Asian/Holden, and yet no-one seems to give a shit because they weren't spoon fed properly.

I'm fucking worried and I don't trust Syfy not to shit the bed with this one.

game of thrones is the most popular show in the world and it has more plotlines going on than this

Yup, that scene was bad.
>"OMG we're being jammed what do we do what do we do what do we do!?!?!?!??!"

>wahhhh I'm so smart for following a TV show and reading r*ddit all day

the chain smoking hag is cringe as heck

i was at bestbuy the other day and some gigantic, fatassed sheboon was babbling about game of thrones. its reach is truly baffling

And yet the plot lines for GoT have been simplified to hell and back from when the show started, and mostly people watch it to see who dies next. And the tits.

If you think somehow GoT being popular means show with more plot lines are going to do well then I'd need you to explain your reasoning as I don't follow.

ded

Game of Thrones has become progressively more popular as it progressively dumbed down its plotlines. And even still people get confussed by it.

Someone tell me she and Naomi fuck. The chemistry is off the roof.

Did anyone translate what she and Naomi said in belter?

> That forced conflict between jimi hendrix pilot and crew cut sociopath

well the plot lines are simplifying because the characters are coming together and becoming part of each others story

they sort of had to do this anyway because where the characters are in the books is a giant fucking mess and that fat ass can't figure out what to do with them

Why are you defending GoT instead of addressing what we were talking about?

i was just making a point. the expanse isn't really that complicated, i think most people can follow it fine. i can't really think of anything people wouldn't be able to follow.

If you assume engines that can pull constant 1g at least exist it is not wrong.

At constant 1g you could make it to Alpha Centuri in a little over 5 years, that's assuming you're just doing a fly by though if you wanted to actually stop there it'd be more like 10 years since you have to start slowing down half way through the trip. Also the fuel requirements to do that would probably be too much even for the expanse's made up fusion drives. Kinda see that reflected in the design of the mormon ship, they probably can't actually pull 1g constantly over such a long distance so it had to be a big ass colony ship cause it's gonna take a long time.

Space travel under constant acceleration is cool though, baring the discovery of wormholes or something else that enables FTL shenanigans constant acceleration drives are our best hope of ever really leaving this rock or this solar system in any meaningful way.

They don't always do a good job of explaining earth mars issues on the show but basically a thing happened on the surface, in typical retard fashion earth assumed it was mars and mars assumed it was earth, they started shooting and blew up the orbital mirror array that reflects the sun's light down on to gannymede for the farming stations there.

they're probably going to explain it more through flashbacks.

I like that the show is fleshing out Amos more though, any opportunity for him to show how weird he is, is great.

i guess i'm retarded because i thought whatever was being blown up was the martian ship. the way that whole sequence is shot made it seem like that.

i was wondering why it looked so fucking weird. guess that explains it, fucking mirrors.

> the expanse isn't really that complicated
I agree and I'm sorry If I implied otherwise as that's what's disappointing me about the responses.

Look at . I mean wtf does he think happened? How could you possibly misunderstand? They even showed an introduced character being shot. The instant reaction for fans to head to the internet explain something that has been left unexplained just leaves me confused.

Obviously this is important and it will be brought up again? Yet that guys question is the response I've seen mostly to the new episode.

Why could Fred Johnson bring the Mormon ship back since it missed?

Those Epstein scenes felt exhilarating. This show does a great job of conveying a sense of speed and scale.

*couldn't

I mean, I asked a similar question earlier to day too. I know that it'll most likely be explained next week I just wanted to know right now

I'm just curious here, but what did you think happened? Did you give the episode any thought after watching it? Or just head straight out for someone to explain it for you?

He can still control it remotely. Long as it's not out of fuel it can be steered.

Couldn't turn around to hit Eros though, it can maneuver but not like that. It's big and slow, no sharp turns, and Eros started accelerating like a mother fucker.

>The distance between Earth and Mars can be anywhere between 56- 400million km due to where both are on their orbits.

This is why chart is stupid, average means shit with such high variance. Hell even the powerball becomes a positive expectation game when jackpot gets high enough but that means shit too.

I just didn't know what the pentagon shaped thing was

i have to admit, i'd be tempted to go full mormon and get on that ship with them. that thing looked comfy as fuck

>comparing that level of variance to the lottery

really user? you make it sound like we know nothing about the orbits of the planets and we might as well just say they're random or something.

this is nothing like the lottery.

I think thats fair enough honestly user.

You think we know nothing about probability? I I'm just saying that chart should include min and max distances and time rather than average.

>trajectories are straight lines
>max speed is in km/h not m/s or %c
shit chart

So Solomon died, right?

if i was a belter i'd probably hop on the nauvoo too.

though the thought of going on a 100 year voyage is terrifying. you, and your children's children could never leave, and something is bound to go wrong

Yeah he died.

And why is this retard spamming?

What's the deal with these guys? Are they like White Walkers?

Can't really tell from that screenshot, but guessing it's someone overtaken by the protomolecule. They kind of go zombiefied for a while, sort of like Ophiocordyceps unilateralis taking over ants and getting them to position for better spore dispersion.

then who was protomolecule

That being said, I was just assuming they were using mean average to calculate that. If it was actually some sort of weighted average of the distances based on total time at those distances it wouldn't be so useless.

more like husks from mass effect

For everyone: Don't come here anymore. Sup Forums is run by Tyrnos, Kaito Hasegawa and their friends. And moot the c. u. c. k. is helping them (yes, his last news was a big fat lie)

---------------------------------

hey moot, take Sup Forums offline for a few hours. The spammer is here again

Don't tell me, you thought I would stop? Just because you wrote a fake news?

>Retarded and/or aggressive shitposting
>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Viral threads for Scarjo and her movies
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anything
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it's fun", especially in a defensive manner
>Forced generals (/hor/, /cape/ etc.)
>Against every board culture, particularly lolis, cunny etc.
>Responding to very old posts
>YIFY is good (usually against everything from each board)
>Generally, every stupid and/or aggressive post
>Destroyed /lbg/ and /swg/ threads

If you see one or more of these points, then you can be almost sure that it's someone
from the german forum Anipodium (according to the animation textboard, check that place).
Don't let that subhuman trash go wild on Sup Forums and other boards!

dis.Sup Forums.org/read/anime/1392740610/200

You nazis are now embarrassing yourself on other boards too? Quite something

>Samefagging so the other guy need to understand he is wrong
>Enjoy
>Opinions aren't absolute, each one has his own
>But my opinion is correct, you're wrong and the game is a 7/10!
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it'

>amos backs up cas, beats up the pimp and gives the girl over to cas
could he be any more based?

For everyone: Don't come here anymore. Sup Forums is run by Tyrnos, Kaito Hasegawa and their friends. And moot the c. u. c. k. is helping them (yes, his last news was a big fat lie)

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

If you see one or more of these points, then you can be almost sure that it's someone
from the german forum Anipodium (according to the animation textboard, check that place).

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it

peaches

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "i

>Space travel under constant acceleration is cool though, baring the discovery of wormholes
Guess what happens later in the series?

I really wasn't clear who was fighting who here, did the UN and MCR ships just suddenly open fire on each other? or were the martians shooting at Protogen stealth ships or was it all three shooting at each other in a close quarters clusterfuck?

Talking about real life user. I know what happens next, I've read all the books.

>Get to Tau Ceti
>Nothing there
>No habitable planets
>Not enough fuel or resources to even consider turn the ship around back to earth
>You and hundreds of other mormons are going to be killing and eating eachother soon.

Wasn't the Nauvoo designed for something like 100 generations? Plenty of time to terraform in their universe.

i was the other guy asking. it was also the mirrors that confused me because it was the only thing i saw being destryoed, i thought the martian commander was on it or something ,even that that made no sense.

>At constant 1g you could make it to Alpha Centuri in a little over 5 years
Considering how the required power for continued acceleration is squared, that's not possible. Their drives are efficient, but not that efficient.

>baring the discovery of wormholes
Hopefully by next season

It's a self sustaining generation ship that runs off of a incredibly efficient fusion reactor. If anything, they can strip a couple of asteroids or two for resources.

I must be thinking 100 years. 100 generations would be what, 2 millennia. That would be a little crazy. Still, that's a long time with no influx of resources. According to the Expanse wiki, Mars was just 3 generations in.

You realize I said it's clear even the drives in the show's universe can't do it right? Considering they made a huge colony ship. Pretty clear sign they can't pull 1g over massive distances then.

And I already read the books m8 I know what's coming.

YES IT IS?? it's just subtle differences, you can see the actual props in some behind the scenes video and it's different

Is there some reason he never gets promoted above lieutenant?

how does a lieutenant get command of a battleship anyways

Sorry, I'm tired and my reading comprehension is nonexistant right now

Creepy as fuck

Is the Expanse friendly towards fans of 90s-00s Star Trek?

star trek more like star drek

Hey guys. Just popping in to let you all know that I want Bobbie to beat me up and berate me like the dirty earth rat I am.

*quickly ducks out of thread*

what the fuck were those giant hexagon mirror things the martians started shooting at?

He doesnt have command of the ship, he is just coordinating ground troops.

space mirrors to reflect/focus light on the greenhouses

Mirrors for reflecting sunlight down at the greenhouses.

why were they shooting them? they were being jammed so they shot mirrors?

No it's not you fucking idiot.

They're the Hybrids. It was a secret project involving Earth to infect kids that have immune system disorders with the protomolecule, so they can try and control it and turn them into supersoldiers.

They're denying control of the mirrors to the Earthers without firing on the Earthers themselves.

Just collateral damage. They were shooting each other and hit the mirrors too.

I heard that in the old times every ship had a captain, and every captain had a lieutenant, who took command when the captain was dead, and generally acted like the second most important guy on the ship. This baldie could be a naval captain, but his role on the ship as the captain's second would make him also the ship's lieutenant. That's what my headcanon tells me anyway.

Actually nevermind. Brief googling reveals that this is complete bullshit.

shits going down with Amos in the next ep

When's this shit coming out in bongland?

they don't in the books, they're definitely more platonic friends. i could see them going there in the show though, they seem to be intentionally showing some kind of attraction between them

Poor misunderstood autist :(

>miller is dead

If they kill off Amos I'm dropping the show.

Anyone else glad this lot were killed off? Hopefully the main one becomes a husk.

>Hopefully the main one becomes a husk.

GOOD NEWS she becomes Grandma Poointheloo's sidekick

>Third party (the ones controlling the drone above the marines) jam comms
>Earth and Mars ships in orbit lose contact with their troops on the ground (and potentially each other if the jamming was powerful enough)
>Each assume the other is doing it
>Some hot head decides open fire
>Other side returns fire
>Clusterfuck

Is this taking into account the fact that they have to flip around and burn retrograde at the halfway point?