What does Sup Forums think about the Alien Franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1jHUjyWhowI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never heard of it. Can I get a quick rundown

Prometheus completely BTFO alien movies

If you dont agree you're just annoying hipster with nostalgia goggles

They agree Alien is high kino.
They debate if Aliens is good or the worst thing to happen to the series.
They love Alien 3.
They hate Alien Resurrection
Theres a split on if Prometheus is kino or garbage
Some like AvP a little for what its worth
They agree AvPR is hot garbage.

In true Sup Forums fashion though you'll find people yhat disagree with any one of these stances

literally this.

So if David managed to kill off the entire engineer species and design the xenomorph by himself what's the point of it?

Now that the origin of the xeno has been established and the engineers explained now what? What's the point of it all?

I liked it more when space truckers/colonists stumbled onto a bizarre alien entity that is extremely difficult to combat and it just shows you that horrific things lurk out there and we're very fragile in the face of their assaults.

Instead we got big buff white dudes making mutants with black goo and some android makes a really bad dude out of the goo and that's that.

I guess man's worst enemy is a giant man and an artificial man.

Alien is the best and where they should have stopped
Aliens is bread and circuses
Alien 3 is mediocre because of studio meddling
Alien Resurrection is gay
Prometheus is fucking retarded

It shouldn't have been a series. They should have stopped after the first one. A movie that was just as good as Alien but with an original premise and new ideas didn't get made just so those resources could go to making Aliens instead. Same with Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, etc. The Alien franchise has cost us how many original movies now? Remakes are even worse.

Alien = Aliens.

fight me cunts

ALien 3 directors cut

>They love Alien 3.
I'd put Resurrection ahead of 3 desu. AvP is pure flick kino, haven't seen AvPR

Should have stopped after Alien. Cameron crashed the franchise with no survivors.

Like most franchises, the first one is the only good one.

Deepest lore?

>literally

Thank god you revealed your Millennial self, otherwise I might have taken your opinion into consideration. like, huh, I mean like, literally

its pretty swheat

As a franchise, the quality is disappointing but I'm happy to watch anything they put out. I don't think the legacy of Alien is in any way debased by these new movies. Alien would not be nearly as big culturally if Aliens hadn't been put out, and as such I'm glad it was made; if it hadn't I would probably never have developed my fetish for the xenos. I appreciate the movie, despite how awful I think it is.

Best post desu

I miss Paxton

They never should have introduced the queen. It took an inscrutable enemy force and gave it a single identifiable leader and a massive, glaring point of vulnerability that made it a less credible threat.

And that's why Star Trek: First Contact was shit. Pic unrelated.

Weyland-yutani corp, under the guise of a humanitarian mission, enlist a crack team of agronomists/space marines to find and secure a world with a wheat strain that produces a 400% greater yield and matures at twice the speed. However, the xenos, who act as intergalactic scarecrows to protect the precious wheat, fight back to defend their crop. After much bloodshed, the WT team leave with a bushel and seedlings of the über-wheat, but crashland on a planet killing all those aboard, and spreading the über-wheat over the planet. It is so successful that it chokes out all the other vegetation on the planet, turning it into a barren wasteland. The engineers, looking for their stolen crop and wishing to maintain a monopoly on the wheat market, crash land into the planet in search of the über-wheat, which is revealed to be LV426. This then leads into the original alien film, as WT corp has secretly diverted the nostromo in search of the über-wheat. Only parker, a high level operative of WT corp, and Dallas, are aware of the true nature of the mission, which he constantly alludes to as the 'bonus situation'. This is why dallas breaks quarantine on kane, in the hopes that he has retrieved a strain of the über-wheat. Ash is infact a redherring in regards to his mission, diverting the crews attention from the über-wheat to the xeno scarecrow.

Additionally, this is why the colony is commisioned to terraform LV426 in 'Aliens', as well as their reluctancy to nuke it from orbit. By 'Aliens' the earth government has, naturally, joined WT venture into securing the über-wheat, seeing its benefit for earths position in the galactic heirarchy, and goes to extreme lengths to secure it, explaining the lresence of space marines and the sulacco, as well as the attempted retrieval of ripley (who is assumed to be hiding the über-wheat) in alien 3.

I'm liking the new view on the Xenomorph in Covenant. They're just humble wheat farmers.

Wheat memes for months now. Thanks Mr Scott

I havent seen Alien Resurrection in years but wasnt there a Quern like in Aliens in there? I remember it doing nothing. Instead we got the weird humanoid son thats was Ripley's child??

Weird movie but I do remember enjoying the first half and underwater scene.

AVP R is kino to me

I love the predalien

YOU DON'T GET TO BRING GLUTEN

youtu.be/1jHUjyWhowI

Not likely. It's just a rapid frenzy of shitposting that has limited scope that will burn itself out in less than a week's time

What is there 7 movies now?

It's reaching Halloween and Friday the 13th levels of milking

>love alien 3
what?

I Agree

I think the Alien franchise is pretty swheat.

Alien is the only good movie and should've been the only film. Aliens is decent but typical of Cameron's shlock. The rest were shit and I'd happily never watch them again.

>Quern

The only actually bad movie in the entire franchise is AvP Requiem.

Hands down the best alien design ever made.
It works on so many levels and while still being absolutely terrifying, it just looks fucking cool as shit on the same time.

Pretty good lore behind it as well.

>Theres a split on if Prometheus is kino or garbage

no there isn't

What does Sup Forums think about the bonus situation?

Alien and Aliens are god tier.
Alien 3 is a great ending to the Ripley story arc.
Prometheus is stupid but might be fixed by Covenant and become somewhat of a prologue if they can undo the ancient aliens/ruining of the space jockey.

The rest is fan fiction.

AvP was pretty good for what it was. Shame the brown chick didnt get PREDATORED though

Approaching the tipping point of more bad movies than good movies.

>So Xenomorphs were made by the creators of mankind and an android who was created by mankind

Omg 2deep4me xD

So what happens to NASA in the Alien universe?

>They debate if Aliens is good or the worst thing to happen to the series.

This only happened after Avatar was released and faggots felt betrayed by Cameron, thus making them say that suddendly everything Cameron did was the worst thing ever.

So how does prometheus fit in here, is it like a prequel or something?
Haven't seen it yet.

Prequel to the first one

right. We all know it's garbage

Ah, thanks man!

ain't no thang

Can we just talk about the bonus situation?

Quite comparable to terminator in the sense the first two were great, even down to the first movie being survival based and the second being more action orientated, and just like the terminator franchise, the rest suck ass

This. Just watched AVP just then for old time sakes. Pretty fun film from the early 2000. does AVPR still hold up to the test of time.

Alien and Aliens are fucking kino. The rest is pretty trash.

Prometheus has an honorable mention for production quality and acting, but the plot kills it.

Plebs on Sup Forums will tell you that Alien3 and Resurrection were kino. Ignore them. They're opinions aren't to valued.

I'm gonna watch Alien first, then Prometheus and finally Alien Covenant.

Is that good? In the order I'm gonna watch it?

Well they're not really linked together in any tangible way other than they're in the same universe and supposedly that's the chronological order but it really could matter less.

Start with Alien then watch Aliens, then watch the rest in whatever order you please.

I only liked Alien and Prometheus.
Aliens and Alien 3 was kinda good, the Charles Dance scenes were kinda comfy.

Nah, I'm gonna only watch Alien, then Prometheus and finally Alien Covenant.

The rest are garbage, except maybe Aliens.

>Theres a split on if Prometheus
not among patricians

Is this concept art for Blompkamp's Alien?

Alien>Alien:Isolation>Aliens>>>>>>>space trash

If you like Cameron Aliens is really good in my opinion. It pretty much is the base for any sci-fi action movie since then, and it's a lot of fun to watch.

But yeah I'd stick with Alien -> Prometheus -> Covenant for now. Go back and watch Aliens later if you're in the mood for it. I agree the rest are trash though. Flicks at best.

I don't think it is but it looks a lot like Aaron Beck's work, but it isn't obviously. I wish that movie had been made with MEW as Ripley's daughter or something. But that wouldn't really work with the established timeline.

See: Alien 3

This is actually the right answer if you're not a retard or memer

I literally love every alien movie(yes, even somewhat liked the trash that was prometheus).

I love the concept and lore about the aliens. They were basically scientific creations by space jocks to use as weapons. It of course backfired on them and they started popping out alien rape babies.

What I like about the xenomorth is that they are literally the perfect organism. Fast, quick learner, self-defencse mechanism(acid blood) and reproductive rape. I like the idea that the xenomorth can take on any trait of the host, either human, animal, etc.

As much as I love the 1 xeno terror, I liked that they made the creatures behave like more of a bug hivemind which would be more accurate if there were more than one.

Overall, solid franchise imo. Just fucking sad that there is no GOOD alien game besides Alien: Isolation

Ellen Page

>Just fucking sad that there is no GOOD alien game besides Alien: Isolation

I have many a fond memory playing AvP: Gold on Gamespy back when I was a poorfag kid with a 56k connection. Other than that yeah Isolation is really good.

know that is it's only technically a prequel, it's really more of a spin off since it has nothing to do with other movies besides it taking place in the same universe

>They love Alien 3.
wrong, rest is correct

Alien>Aliens>Prometheus>Alien3>Ressurection>anything with a Predator in it

From best to worst:
Alien
Aliens director's cut
Aliens
Alien 3 assembly cut
Alien director's cut
Alien Resurrection
Alien 3

SPOILER ALERT: Covenant is gonna suck.
Will people seriously line up to see the same damn Alien story that has been redone like 5 time times since 1979?

It annoys me Covenant is using ANOTHER crashed Engineer ship.

Well, that was a lot of effort over nothing. Have a sympathy (You).

I'll go see it just for that.

I didn't like Alien very much. I feel like I should've liked it, since everything about it seemed to be right up my alley, but I really didn't.

>They debate if Aliens is good or the worst thing to happen to the series.

Both; it's a fantastic film but pretty much all the expanded universe content for a while after that took after it way too much.

>Theres a split on if Prometheus is kino or garbage

Again, both; it's an amazing visual achievement and spectacle with a horrible script

What's wrong with Alien's DC? I posted and now I feel like I somehow might've enjoyed the movie less because I watched the DC.

It ends at Aliens.

>Alien
Good film
>Aliens
Good film
>Alien3
Typical Fincher flick
>Alien Resurrection
Typical Whedon flick

>Alien vs Predator
Why
>Alien vs Predator 2
Never saw it
>Prometheus
Meh

It doesn't add much like the other two recuts. What it does add is a relatively okay scene that contradicts the whole queen thing in Aliens. It's not terrible. I guess I just judge recuts more based on what they add or subtract to the original than as a separate movie. That's why I put the Aliens DX so high, because it restores the scene where Ridley finds out about her bb.

I just googled it and saw people saying that Alien DC kinda ruined the pacing of the movie, and my main complaint about the movie was that the pacing was all off. I guess a rewatch is in order now.

I'm on board with this.

So if the aliens are successful, do they just die out? I mean if they murder everything how do they have any prey to support their population?

I liked the idea that they were space weapons Engineers used to exterminate planets. Prometheus shoots that down.

Alien is a classic. Aliens is good but I don't really get the hype. Dodged the rest cause they all looked shite.
Prometheus is ok

I hope Chris Pratt can save us.

Just watched alien 3 the other day. First half is garbage but the second half is pretty alright.

Speaking of AvP, with both series getting new movies in the future, is there any chance for another chance at another AvP movie?

Alien is pure kino, definitly holds up to todays mediocre standard of movie making (what comes out of the US atleast)

Aliens is a great sci fi action movie that still holds up but I agree with Giger on the fact his concept of the Alien was not handled well.

Aliens 3 is a drag, it killed the franchise and the happy ending to Aliens.

Aliens 4 doesn't exist

Predator is great, definitly worth watching

AvP is shit, so is the sequal

The first 3/4th of Alien (up to the end of the scene with Ash's head) are absolute grade-A Kino. Aliens is super good all the way through, but it doesn't hit the peaks that Alien does. Both of these are essential horror/action movies that I'd recommend to anyone.

Alien 3 and 4 are just above mediocre, I'd say. They add absolutely nothing of merit to the franchise story-wise, but have some cool scenes and ideas sprinkled throughout. Watch them if you need your Alien fix, but they aren't really must-sees.

AVP is unrealized potential. It could have been good, but they focused too much on the humans, and just didn't have enough quality Predator-Xenomorph interaction. AVP had one decent scene with the 1v1 fight about halfway through, but that doesn't make up for how mediocre the rest of the movie is. AVP2 doesn't even have a single memorable scene. I might recommend AVP to fans of the series, but AVP:R is irredeemable trash that should be avoided at all costs.

Prometheus ranges from fantastic to shit-tier throughout the movie. I'd recommend it.

If you want actual good Xenomorph vs. Predator action I'm afraid the only good options are the first two AvP videogames. The movies were just really, really underwhelming.

>Pratt

Do you know something I don't user? Pratt is my husbando and him in an Alien movie would be great.

I liked it.

Serious question: If they ignored Ash and someone grabbed the baby alien penis monster after it popped out of Kane's chest, what would have happened? Would the baby alien be strong enough to hurt them or escape at that point?

>The first 3/4th of Alien (up to the end of the scene with Ash's head) are absolute grade-A Kino.
What's wrong with the film after that?

Nothing really, I just didn't like it as much as the first 3/4ths. Once the Alien started getting more screen time, it started to come off as a little goofy. I'm sure it was fine back in '79, but the way the suit moves sometimes and the airlock scene just didn't age too well.

It's just a meme. He's involved in Avatar, which people on this board have been trying to imply is a part of the same larger shared cinematic world as Aliens and Predator and Fifth Element.

>12 hours later

I just got into this thread I can't help that shit.

>He's involved in Avatar

Holy shit I didn't know that. Based Cameron Christ bringing the talent.

>Aliens and Predator and Fifth Element

Would watch.