Real Madrid's Marcelo admits tax fraud worth 490,917 euros

>Real Madrid's Marcelo admits tax fraud worth 490,917 euros

>According to reports, Marcelo has used companies in Uruguay and the UK since 2006 to render his income from image rights "fiscally opaque".

>Marcelo's trial is part of the Spanish tax authorities' offensive on football, which has also caught the game's two biggest stars.

>Marcelo's Real teammate Cristiano Ronaldo is accused of having evaded 14.7 million euros in tandem with his powerful agent Jorge Mendes, who is suspected of helping many of his clients defraud tax authorities.

Are Real Madrid finished?

>hue third worlders evading taxes
not news

that seems like a very small amount for a professional footballer
the dude is worth tens of millions and risks jailtime for 500k?

why wouldnt they give it a try
all the work is for the lawyers/accountants

if it works, great
if you get caught, fine + slap on the wrist, and life goes on

tsu lost zero sponsors and eventually even got a raise from Madrid

now modric

Do tax evaders in Spain go to cushy white collar prisons like in the US? Or will Ronaldo get sent to a pound-me-in-the-ass penitentiary?

>why wouldnt they give it a try
conscience? civic duty?

Can't wait for nothing of this to appear on Spanish media and to spend time crying and bitching about Pep cucking them instead

One month's wages. Pay that with my pocket chage

In Spain it’s basically a two year suspended sentence so you might as well try, it’s not like you’re going to jail the first time you do it. Also you don’t know if there isn’t more money that they couldn’t find. If he went through the trouble of hiding his money in two separate counties he may still have more in other fiscal paradises

Messi got a 21 month sentence but it gets immediately suspended or something so he never actually sees the inside of a prison

>it’s basically a two year suspended sentenced
not true, that would be the minimum, the max is jail time

BAD BOIS BAD BOIS

from football players?

every single match of any league of the planet at least one players fakes an injury
scored a goal with a handball but the ref didnt see it? then it didnt happen
purposely committing yellow card fouls to stall the game is openly accepted

I expect nothing from them but entertainment

They aren’t going to give the max to a famous football player. He’ll claim that he was too stupid to understand taxes, have his lawyer cut a deal with the judge and that will be it.

>He’ll claim that he was too stupid to understand taxes, have his lawyer cut a deal with the judge and that will be it.
he has a prety high football IQ tho

They literally changed the law to make sure Cristiano didn't go to jail despite having evaded more than three times what Messi did, lmao

>Spanish justice

to a famour player no, but if you evade a few thousands they are going to put the screws on you

The civilized world doesn't imprison their citizens in shithole prisons where they are abused by private prison companies exploiting their labor, dumb Amerishart subhuman piece of trash

Nice selfie

Fiat money has nil intrinsic value to it. The state could just order more credit to cover their needs since there is state monopoly on legal tender.

Gold has no intrinsic value either. It's just a pretty metal.

when are they going to disclose ronaldo's accusation? i mean, they've created all that fuss about messi, humiliated him in court with all that media present, etc.
and ronaldo, who cheated spanish tax authorities at least 3 times more than messi, gets what, a slap in the wrist? ffs

you think a Madrid court is going to do that to a Madrid player? lmao

I never said anything about gold in my post lmao

>expecting anything else from spainish ''''''''''''justice'''''''''''''''
lmao

remeber the only reason ronaldo is accused right now is because football leaks leaked his case to the press and public, the spanish justice already knew about his fraud but had decided not to do shit

this country is africa tier

So what do you suggest instead of it, commodities? Never mind the clusterfuck that something like that would be “let me pay you for that gallon of gas, how muh would it be in corn futures?”, who gets to decide how much are those commodities worth without a currency to use as reference?

Evading taxes is virtuous. It's basically like evading bans on sp. Fuck the janny and the taxman both.

i mean, it's almost 15 million euros in a couple of years (god knows how much he and mendes hid in these last 2-3 seasons where he earned even more)
even a biased set of judges/prosecutors has a limit

i feel janny is evading taxes also..

>getting caught

Messi was used as a puppet, they specifically went after him because he's the greatest player in the world and wanted to send a message to show they would act on players. Just like FIFA banned him for 5 games for yelling at the ref, and then repealed the ban, again used as an example.

blockchain tech or the state could just deprive private enterprises of state monopoly on legal tender

Ronaldo prefers ass pounding jail though

>even a biased set of judges/prosecutors has a limit
>in spain
lmao I don't think you understand how rotten and corrupt spain is
>the party in government is literally the most corrupt party in spanish history
>they've been for years under a huge investigation for fraud and illegal financing and shiet (and many other unrelated cases)
>11 ''''''''''''''''natural''''''''''''''''' deaths so far of either witnesses or defendants related to the case
seriously, this country is rotten to the core

anybody not playing for halal that evaded 15m (it was more but they waited just enough so one year of fraud prescribed) would go to jail for many years and lose everything

Spain doping corruption

>Eufemiano Fuentes (born 1955) is a Spanish sports doctor

>In Fuentes' clinic in Madrid, 186 blood bags were found belonging to professional athletes and marked with coded names, besides EPO, steroids, and growth hormone.

> Fuentes continually denied having performed illegal operation with cyclists but said he had athletes as clients such as footballers and tennis players.[4] In December 2010, a fellow inmate claimed Fuentes had told him, "If I would talk, the Spanish football team would be stripped of the 2010 World Cup"

>In a further doping scandal, in 2010, Fuentes was arrested by Spanish police as part of Operación Galgo (Operation Greyhound). In a series of simultaneous raids across five provinces on 9 December, Spanish police seized a large quantity of anabolic steroids, hormones and EPO, as well as laboratory equipment for blood transfusions. According to Público newspaper, Eufemiano Fuentes and his sister Yolanda were the leaders of the alleged plot. Also arrested were the athlete Marta Dominguez, who was released on bail after having been charged with the trafficking and distribution of doping substances, and Alberto Leon, in whose fridge anti-doping police found several bags of blood. Leon was found dead shortly after, the result of an apparent suicide.[7] In January 2013, the Operacion Puerto trial went underway, and Fuentes offered to reveal the names of all the athletes he helped doping. The judge, Julia Santamaria, told him that he was not under obligations to name any athletes.
>Spain lacking anti-doping laws, Fuentes was charged with "endangering public health". His main defense consisted in saying that the blood transfusions were conducted safely and were healthy for the athletes
>In April 2013, Fuentes was sentenced to one year in prison for breaking public health laws and was banned from practicing sports medicine for four years.[12] On 14 June 2016, the verdict was overruled and Fuentes was cleared of all charges.

i know our latin judicial system has its (many) flaws, but you guys made the fucking king's brother-in-law stand in court and actually sentence him (but now that i thought about it, he was also a barcelona player for quite some time kek)

>Also arrested were the athlete Marta Dominguez
and later she literally became spokesperson for sports and education ministry of the current party in government lmao

EVERYTHING ROTTEN

>the fucking king's brother-in-law
he was the fall guy while, supposedly, many top players got away with it, including royal family members