Pirates of the Caribbean - Captain Salazar Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=Hgeu5rhoxxY

Noticed we haven't had a thread after this morning, so making one for the working folk to talk.

>Most recent trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Hgeu5rhoxxY

>First 2 (Super Bowl short and Trailer #1)
youtube.com/watch?v=XibzC-e_s5M

>Question that I haven't gotten a great answer on.
Captain Salazar is a pirate hunter that got killed by Sparrow. How did he come back to life? I know he died in an area similar to the Bermuda Triangle, so did he come back immediately or did it take some time? An explanation would be great.

Also, have we heard about him up 'til now? If he's such a notorious pirate hunter it seems like we would have seen some Easter Eggs in previous movies.

So you're the type of person who wants the entire movie right there in a trailer. I'd always assumed Hollywood was just moronic or didn't trust the films. But there really are people like you who want the whole movie summarized in detail before you see it. That's amazing honestly. It's kinda like meeting a unicorn.

>Trying to have a conversation with other people that enjoy the series.

Hey everyone speculation is off the table now. Sorry for inconveniencing you.

>Also, have we heard about him up 'til now? If he's such a notorious pirate hunter it seems like we would have seen some Easter Eggs in previous movies.

Because this character was created for this movie obviously

Yea that's what I was assuming, was just curious if we had any background detail that pointed towards him being around.

Nevertheless I'm excited to watch this movie. Javier Bardem is a fantastic antagonist in recent movies and this should be fun to watch.

Nevertheless I'm excited to watch this movie.

I'm excited for it as well. I know this board is too cool for these movies but I love em

>trying to have a conversation
>asks people for a summary of the movie
That's not a conversation. You essentially could have did this on Google and gotten faster results.

Well I think it's general knowledge that the creators of the movie aren't surfing around on Sup Forums or the people working on the film.

This was more to just talk about the movie, and maybe some theory floating around as there wasn't an existent thread.

Just asking a few questions to see if people knew the answer, and if not, it's no problem.

We've gone full circle, back to undead pirates.

Yea, hopefully this movie is a resurgence of the series. I know the last 2 movies haven't been too well received but the first two did very well, and this one seems like it'll be similar to the first. Also, can't talk about him enough, Bardem will bring a lot of viewers into the franchise after No Country For Old Men and Skyfall.

What really pisses me off in these movies is the fact that in those times the portuguese ruled the seas with the spanish but all we see is spanish and english ships, even chinese ships ffs!

Did you fucking know a portuguese guy wrote the code of the pirates?

Why didn't Salazar just drop anchor before he went in the cave??

i thought keira was in this

oh well. i'm happy to get more pirate movies.

>you'd seen alot more if you kept your kikehole shut
what did Jack mean by this?

Why didn't Beckett open fire?

>Just good business

_ ___ _ ___ __ ____!

it would nice to have a proper adventure movie again, I guess. The trailers look good

there hasn't been a good fantasy adventure in 15+ years desu

Since?

Chckd

LOOOOOOOTR

>It's another soft reboot episode

*yawn* Enough with this lazy bullshit.

I want to ____ that jar of dirt

>quips
>improbable escapes
>PG swearing
>boring and forced Depp
>more quips
>no real stakes at all
>gaping plotholes
>shit so far-fetched it puts even cartoons to shame
>every single plan and plot rely on people being incredibly stupid

Even with all that, I still love this franchise. I despise and loathe all things Marlel, Shit Wars etc. I despise and loathe hollyjew blockbusters but for some reason I don't mind POTC. Why is that, bros? Is it because of naval aesthetics?

Was hyped until bardem dropped a quip in the trailer, from that point on you know itll be a board-room forced movie. Javier Barden is not an actor for quips

open?

I un-ironically enjoyed On Stranger Tides and I'm sure this one will be fun as well as long as they don't try too hard to be epic again like At World's End.

why visual effects gotten worse? is it because its all being outsourced to china?

Mein Negger

So Captain Salazar, who killed thousands of PIRATES, is butthurt at Jack Sparrow, a PIRATE, for killing him and is now full of rage and wants to kill Jack Sparrow?

i dont get it

How many magical pirates are there in the Caribbean?

Same.

Fantastic production design and general comfiness.

>blatant shilling

MODS!

Well, there's that little thing that Salazar became cursed and he blames Jack for it. We do not know if Jack is fully, partly or not responsible at all for the curse. He just caused Salazar's death I believe.

Either there's more to it than it seems or Salazar just blames Jack for the curse for obvious reasons. I think that he's cursed to hunt down the best pirate down even in death so the curse will finally be lifted or something like that. And that would be Sparrow.

>best pirate

He's the worst pirate I've ever seen.

I hope the CGI is toned down. I can't even remember the movie with the mermaid and the fountain of youth or whatever, it's all a blur, but I remember the third one being bogged down because of EPICNESS due to heavy CGI.

Like the ship that rears up and crashes down on other ships and the whole ocean splitting apart looks like it'll tempt some of the more overblown fantasy shit that I disliked from the other movies.

I just want a more grounded pirate adventure romp.

Also, fuck these side characters. Why do we need them?

>POTC shills

He's still probably the most accomplished pirate in the movies. He's cheated death countless of times, has survived many curses, has stolen countless ships and now has the best armada at his hands via the ship in a bottles (if he still even has them).

Even if he is an idiot he still has a massive list of accomplishments.

>He's the worst pirate I've ever seen.
Ah but you've seen him

I'm actually really glad they're bringing back Mr. Chad Bloom for this movie, if only because it will finally give Jack someone to be weird WITH again.

Something he was sorely lacking last movie.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a movie in more dire need of contrast than Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

If they could have wheeled Mrs. Jane Knightley and their doomed marriage back into the fray too their relationship might actually be an interesting aspect of this series for once.

It'll be Will Turner he's really after. He's gonna use Sparrow to get Turner to reveal himself.

Save this and all that

>Viral marketing the thread

No one fucking cares about the Portuguese, not even Brazilians

>Henry Morgan & Bartholomew Roberts
>Portuguese
No.

WHEN I WAS

Whoever comes up with the designs for everything is fantastic. I could have watched a full Davy Jones movie just for the cool looking crew alone.

I also think its not entirely built around a formula like the super hero movies. It does do its own thing in each entry to the series.

Is that guy that helps Jack gonna be Will Turners son or something, also, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD PIRATES.

What exactly did people not like about Stranger Tides anyway? It had some flimsy character writing and the adventure was a downscale from 3 but I liked it quite a bit.

I don't know. I got exactly what I expected. A dumb fun adventure movie.

Because it was an obvious cash grab with no impact on the whole PotC world, unlike the first three.
Boring new characters quickly discarded, a supposedly terrifying villain that ended up not doing much at all, almost all older characters never showed up or werent even mentioned. I mean, when going for the fountain of youth, you would expect more pirates after it too.
Plus, Jack Sparrow has been reduced to just le funny pirate man

Who is that big guy behind him?