What are you goys reading? Reminder it's degenerate not to read 1 book/wk

This is a great one, can get audio or kindle off amazon instantly. Called "Empire of the Seas: Siege of Malta, Battle of Lepanto, and Battle for Center of the World."

If you want a reminder why the eternal t*rk roach is despised in the blood of every real european, this is your reminder.

And its by a reasonably pro-Christian academic, not a SJW. He is no holds barred in describing why the roaches are the scums of the earth.

If you are White, you will bet a boner reading about the roaches getting BTFO at Malta and Lepanto. If Europe had lost Malta, Roaches would have taken all of Europe.

And for all the bullshit you hear about French Cowards, the vast majority of nobles defending Malta were French. Lepanto fleet was led by Don Jon of Austria, who was only 32 at the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
youtube.com/watch?v=om6HcUUa8DI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought this could help me at work, and at life.

I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand. I've never read it before, yet have heard plenty about it. I've found it quite engaging so far. Objectivism as a philosophy appeals quite a lot to me for many of it's aspects; however its stances on art and government structure turns me off.

St Pierre and Miquelon are Canadian clay

gib

out of all the people here, one person is reading a book of some sort and one is trying to take the piss.
I guess we deserve to have the Jews as our overlords and mudslimes raping our women, while 99% of White males are in front of a video game...

seems like everyone goes through this phase. I never fell for the libertarian thing thanks to Dr. Pierce and his reminder that she was a Soviet Jewess.

Rare!!!!!
a
r
e
!
!
!
!

What the fuck are you on about?

Also nice flag

GK Chesterton: Guide to being a Bad Goy

currently reading wealth of nations by adam smith. fucking 1200 pages to go.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Objectivism's proposed government structure nor it's views of art. When it comes to the nature of living, the 'goal' of life, and the mechanics, I agree entirely. I don't believe I'm a libertarian by any means. I do agree with them about civil issues however.

I planned on reading that after I finished Atlas Shrugged. Is it a dry read, or does Smith have a decent style?

Been reading this. It's very good. Highly recommend it to the people on this board who aren't blue pilled cucks if you still exist here

Ha, I had that Oxford Companion tot he Mind book. I sold it for beer.

I recommend two books based on your shelf:

- The Catechism of the Catholic Church
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions

it's basically a text book. very dry and prolific.

I haven't read a book in five years, ask me anything.

thanks for the recommendations I'll check em out

You're that guy. Yes I've seen you before biggah.

That's a shame. Have you found it insightful, at least?

Neuromancer because I want to learn more about cyberpunk

I was like you to until recently. Books are great user. There's no substitute to the experience of sitting down with a nice novel and reading for hours on end.

Pic related. Friedman's "Machinery of Freedom" is next on the list.

lots of information, very formal and academic writing style though. usually takes me years to finish a book like this because I can only handle small doses of it. I'm not far into it but so far it's good in terms of information. I got it because Milton Freedman gushes about this book all the time in his lectures and books.

If it's that dense then I'll probably take an academic approach to it. Good luck user

Consider Man, Economy, and State instead. Rothbard's writing style is much more palatable than Smith, or for that matter most economists and textbook writers.

example

To be quite honest.

What is the appeal of books on economics? Isn't it just dry theory which has no basis in reality? e.g., "People spend money rationally."

Metaprogramming in Ruby.
Its ok.

taking time to savor every page

>Isn't it just dry theory which has no basis in reality?
depends on who your reading. Sowell writes about economics pretty well IMO.

The best way to get an answer to your question is to read one. We are, after all, in a thread about reading books, so it would be only fitting.

It sounds like you have some strange misconceptions of what economics is. Try the one I posted here , it's pretty straightforward and not dry at all.

I went about 5 years without reading a book. Moved to a city where I rode the bus every day and started reading 15 mins both ways every day. Never stopped. Now I have this. Probably the best choice I've ever made.

I'm almost half way through Warren Piece and Tolsgoy killed THE WRONG PERSON IN THE DUEL.

I didn't have any attachment to the character but I was very invested in him killing the other character and it was even worse the poorly written way he died.

I am unhappy, pol. Russians are definitely not white.

I have that same printing of Homer's writings

>tfw you spend months reading a book because you try to savor it as much as possible

I just read this sempai, really makes you think.

Ordered.

Recommend:

- Philosophers Speak for Themselves

- The Letters of Erasmus, by by James Anthony Froude

Spring Snow by Yukio Mishima

Delicious selection. Mmmm.

Watch out, you might get called a zionist jew

good rec, and good eye. Enlightenment period is a noticeable blind spot in my philosophy collection. I could also use more medieval period stuff eg Duns Scotus and Augustine.

RARE

Did you enjoy Greatest Show on Earth? If you did check out his Selfish Gene book, it's the origin of the word meme.

A large book.

Useful book.

Entertaining book.

A book you can open and start at any page.

Sup Forumsacks should own this.

>who stole feminism

Nice, got that for like 2.50 in a used book store a while back, quality stuff, very useful in showing how full of shit feminists are.

Currently reading Moby-Dick, almost finished, then reading Paradise Lost.

same

i know this is meme-y, but the bible actually ridiculously redpilled in a genuinely good way

Can we take a step back for a second everyone and talk about this rare fucking flag?

Second this.

Stacks well with How To Win Friends And Influence People and The Art Of War.

Currently reading wealth of the nations by Adam Smith. Recently read "The Alchemy of Finance" by George Soros.

I recommend everyone reads Soros's book. It really gets you into the mind of the enemy, and actually has a bit of good financial advice.

>remember, goy, it's degenerate not to read 1 book a week!

le publisher jew face when

There are free pdfs of many books online. Also you can listen to audiobooks, which are much more efficient imo.

I'm currently reading City of Fortune, which is about Venice and by the same author. It's pretty cool. Byzantines got BTFO by a 90 year old blind Venetian man.

I prefer audio. I listen to the work of Ted Kaczynski atleast once a week does that count?

Do you guys like literature, or are you mostly into sociological/psychological/scientific/economic materials?

ik you all read Atlas Shrugged, but kek, let's get some ancient Greek discussion going.

I also spend alot of time browsing bilblioteca pleyades

Careful with that book. The fountainhead turned me into an insufferable prick in college.

Why would you punish yourself like that, how can such a long book, written so long ago, not be condensed in to a much more straightforward approach to the topic by now?

de Vallete Did Nothing Wrong

Everyone should have this bookmarked btdubs mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg

Why even waste your time with that book, do you think it really is going to make a difference with your life.

Might as well have spent the page count on War and Peace m8

I couldn't finish it. If your book is like 1000 pages long and doesn't go anywhere in the first 200 pages I'm not going to sink anymore time into it.

currently reading Prince of Thorns, I'm planning to read the whole Broken Empire trilogy this weekend

>If you want a reminder why the eternal t*rk roach is despised in the blood of every real european, this is your reminder.

Nah.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War

She is a really bad writer. It's a good thing you didn't waste your time. Read a better book.

It was a gift, I liked it though. IMO The Selfish Gene is the best/probably the only important thing Dawkins has written

kek

>couple meme books
>some of the classics
>good varied selection
7/10 user, im proud

heh thanks mate. not reading to impress desu, mostly just have a few interests that I read the hell out of. late imperial Russians, Greek philosophy, Nietzsche and Heidegger and their spinoffs, mythology and religion, medieval history. I also read lots of hammy genre fiction, embarassing tbqh but I know what I like.

shelf two

>not having seperate shelves for fiction and non-fiction
>putting Richard Dawkins next to the Odyssey
>Not putting the Odyssey next to the Iliad

Lmao, that copy of the odyssey is borrowed so I put it with my meme book so I would remember to give it back. That Harvard classics "homer" is another edition of it.

You have a couple classics, but you should really build your literature more.

Get Ovid he is the best.

Everyone should read this. It's considered one of the great American novels. It's about a gang of white scalphunters. It's really as Sup Forums as it gets.

Plus it's pretty easy reading.

Kek keep reading, trust me.

Anyone has that image or video of that guy who shows off his Lamborghini and then his bookshelf?

I have Metemorphoses on my kindle, it's really great. I also have all of the three Greek tragedians in full- you can get a lot of great classics free/cheap digitally. Aeschylus is my favorite but I'm biased because Heidegger loves him and thinks Euripedes is a sacrilegious jackass

>kindle off amazon instantly
>$12.99

what? I like high fantasy and it happened to be the book I'm reading right now, I like escapism from time to time

Well you have really good taste. The Metamorphoses is one of my favorite works ever, literally changed my life.

Read Fasti, you'll like it, it is essentially a contiuation of the the metamorphoses, in a sense of course.

Euripides is literally a shitty Platonist, it's good to not like him, clearly you have read Nietzsche too.

Aeschylus on the other hand is absolutely fucking based, so you're not biased, you're just right.

keep reading m8

Zoobiquity
>book discussing the ubiquitous nature of vet medicine and how it relates to human medicine
>discusses wat can divined from one science to the other and vice versa
>very much promotes a one health mindset where physicians and vets work in tandem to solve problems in both fields

T. Veterinarian

Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes and The Brothers Karamazov. Both of them are damned great books.

>TBK
hurrah!

First 'real' novel I ever read, still one of my absolute favorites, he is a genius.

Do you not poop user? I basically get all my reading done while pooping. It's better than shitposting on the toilet

I started reading a book called Propaganda.
It's a book by Sigmund Freud's nephew.Highly Recommend

I have a book called 48 Laws of Power I need to read.

See I'm the absolute opposite, I can read while I am shitting, but I prefer to shitpost, because I am generally reading all day.

All Quiet on the Westerm Front

Just made me really depressed tbqhfam.

Havent been reading a lot so I always get a few questions wrong on LSAT reading comprehension lol.

That book was seriously so good.

You felt you were in that company. I felt when people died in that book. And despite the ending I smiled when it did end

>shitposting while shitting
Pottery

HOWEVER
>tfw those red spots on your quads appear cuz you been reading on the jon too long

Been thinking about picking that up soon, any translation I should pick in particular?

I lost friends while riding the train. And it was all for nothing.

Top-notch reviewers and my mom say otherwise...

Recommend

- A.D. 500: A Journey Through the Dark Isles of Britain and Ireland

- The Picts and Scots at War

I dunno, I just got an old one. I don't think it will be too different. This is one of the greatest read books ever. The translatiOn is mostly standardised

Agree.

youtube.com/watch?v=om6HcUUa8DI

I've started to read a few WW2 memoirs for the historical perspectives.

Almost done reading this, much of it seems so extraordinary that it's made up but I like it regardless.

I love history. It is so fascinating to read what people experienced.

From where is all the christian stuff coming?

There are kek threads
there are christian threads
and there are even merchant faith threads

All that is left are islamic threads which i doubt they are going to get made for obvious reasons

Why

im spooked