Americans renamed "french fries" to "freedom fries" because they were butthurt over the Iraq war

>Americans renamed "french fries" to "freedom fries" because they were butthurt over the Iraq war

truely comedy potassium

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/business/french-s-mustard-denies-french-connection-1.364949
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally nobody calls them freedom fries

truth doesn't matter, only memes

>Freedom fries
>extremely bad for you
>cause cancer

>estonia
>USSR
>different

Is this the world famous American banter?

>t. 16 year old

Didn't they buy and spill out gallons of red wine from Spain and Italy in protest, thinking all wine is French?

Our people do that but because it is indeed Spanish and Italians
what a bunch of cunts

Never heard of that, but Americans have a brand of mustard called French's. They had to issue a statement saying they weren't french to avoid boycotts.

cbc.ca/news/business/french-s-mustard-denies-french-connection-1.364949

Why is your red so sour and bitter anyway? Even cheap carton wine from Spain is better

Because we are a bitter country
Nah but really no idea, not a big fan of wine anyway.

Freedom's

>In response to the change, French Embassy spokeswoman Nathalie Loiseau commented "It's exactly a non-issue ... We focus on the serious issues",[10] and noted that fries originated in Belgium.[11] She then remarked that France's position on the change was that they were "in a very serious moment dealing with very serious issues, and we are not focusing on the name [Americans] give to potatoes".[12]
hahahahahaha

did it come from languedoc by chance?

I dont really recall since it's been a long time trying french after settling with Spanish. But I'm sure most bottles were from southern France.

How about "Liberty cabbage"?

>some restaurant in bumfuck nowhere means every American called them "freedom fries"
Are all Europistanis this mentally challenged?

it's a relatively big country, there's tons of different wines from different climate and different age and different quality
you can't generalise with one bottle you don't even remember the origin
that's jsut rude tbqh

Obviously. And there's plenty of shitty Spanish too. It's just in general I find French too sour to truly enjoy out of the hundreds of vineyard brands I've tried.

But on the other hand, your white wine beats Spanish by a long shot.

My actual favourite wine is Chilean though.

It was started by changing the House of Representatives cafeteria menu to 'freedom fries' and 'freedom toast'. It then spread to other parts of the country. We aren't talking Macdonald and Burger King levels of adoption but still enough for the rest of the world to laugh at you guys.

>freedom anything
>literally ruin otherwise stable countries
Ah yes, freedom for the people aka oil for the oil ceo's.

usa btfo by frogs