320m Budget

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
this is a joke right?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ps2 graphics

and im sure 160m went to depp

I actually thought that effect looked kind of cool, unique. Like he's some kind of phantom existing in a zero-gravity alternate dimension or something. That short clip kind of makes it look like his head is not properly layered with the hair, but actually the hair does respond to the head movement; it's just slow, again, as if he's actually underwater or something. I expect that, in the movie, this effect will be proven solid and skillfully done, like the Jones CGI was.

What you should be bitching about is Depps faggoty, forced, lines. It looks like they're going the 100% gag route with him, and it sucks. In PotC1, he had a little more edge and humanity to him, and it was cool. In every other movie (save maybe 4 bc. I couldn't sit through it), he was 100% gag, and it sucks. Like JarJar.

This, that's what I thought they were trying to achieve.

The ghost effects actually look really cool.

Can we discuss kaya scodelario please? It might be her break on hollywood and i'd be happy to see her fill up the spot some other ugly bitches like hathaway or watson are taking lately.
Just because she's gorgeous. Nevermind her acting ability

>zero-gravity dimension
Or, y'know, underwater

this desu

bruckheimer a shit

fucker needs to produce some proper action movies again instead of this played-out fantasy tripe

OP, are you clinically retarded?

The point of the hair is that it gives the movement of being underwater. Because thats where Salazar got his villlain demon superpowers.

All of his crew have effects of "still being underwater and drowning".

Jesus Christ you are dumb.

can we talk about how disney has about 50% of the monopoly of films this year and also has critics in their pocket. How do we stop them?

Yea, I said that too, y'know

Also the actor was well cast. The accent is neat, and the digital effects to his voice also seem memorable. Ashame DEPP'S FAGGOT NIGGER GAG CHARACTER WILL RUIN IT ALL

With letterbombs and VX pranks

>Bardem will never play Darkseid

>He think that's a mistake

I thought op was pointing out the face? Notice how it moves up and down but the head doesnt match with it? The facial tracking is off. I think thats the issue, I noticed it in the trailer in full motion.

Will there be any beasts? The Kraken fucking made the second movie.

No one gives a shit. I think everyone is over the POTC movies. I'm not saying Disney didn't knock it out of the park with the first three, I just think audiences are over it.

Personally I'd rather watch Gena Davis as a pirate at this point than watch Depp do the same shit for the 9th time. Like has Johnny Depp done anything interesting or played any interesting rolls in the last 10 years?

wtf are you on about OP, his hair is supposed to be floating as if its under water you giant mongoliod

>he thinks 2&3 were good
L M A O

Its not about the hair mongos, its the face, it doesnt fit the head movement at all.

They were excellent productions marred by poor writing, and financially successful.

where's the problem?

his hair is supposed to be floating like he's in the water

what movie is that?

>Bane?

Are you fucking retarded?

I had no idea they still made PS2 games

>decide to watch the first one again
>already ruined in the first scene by child actors
Yeah sure this piece of shit is a classic

2 was unironically the best of the series pleb

2 was second best. It would have been the best if it wasn't just a set up for 3.

>there are now 5 movies based off a disneyland ride

this desu senpai

That legitimately looks cool as fuck.

He looks like some kind of wispy sea phantom, I love the effect they're going for.

It only took them 5 movies to have a spanish pirate.

>pirate

Gotta launder dat dough somehow.

spanish fuckin hated pirates m80

OP BTFO

It doesn't matter what they were going for, this looks like shit and you're all retarded.

(You)

>What is money laundering.
Is this your first rodeo?

I'm serious user. You 90's born fags have no standards at all.

Redpill me on her.

Is she one of those nu-feminist like watson?

I don't care what some nobody on a malaysian basket weaving forum thinks about some other nobodies' standards

>In PotC1, he had a little more edge and humanity to him, and it was cool.

This

Why the fuck did they change him so much in the sequels?

She's young but married and has a children and seems committed to her family

is it because the face seems fixed at he same angle, I can't really tell

There were plenty spanish pirates regardless m8

You clearly do user.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

>No Elizabeth
>No Will Turner

I thought the first one was great. Lots of good lines and it was pretty cool that pirates like Barbossa and Jack were initially presented as being stupid when in fact they turned out to be very capable and shrewd. Then within the first 20 minutes of DMC and that retarded set piece where Jack is now a bumbling clown who survives on dumb luck in the most ludicrous and improbable way possible I knew the whole thing had been turned into a shit show.

>No Will Turner

Is that Brendan?

The ghost pirates have really grown on me, it's like they embraced the flaws in CGI and made it part of the effect. There's something unnatural and unnerving about how they move, which makes complete sense because who fucking knows how ghosts would look.

Why does he look like that? I remember his father and the crew were "cleaned out" once he joined them.

Because he took his place as the barnacle man

Pretty sure that as long as he does the job of ferrying souls to the afterlife he (and the crew) get to stay normal looking.

So I think this implies that he's stopped doing the job and is turning all fish-person.

Go back to your autism club

being a faggot will do that to you

When will you plebs realize that Disney franchise movie are more about laundering money than creating good cinema?

You're dumb if you pay money to see anything Disney has put out in the last 10 years

Probably javier bardem's fault because he's still "alive"
he'll join jack again to capture him most likely

but I like those movies

no one said you weren't a fucking idiot user

>said while posting on Sup Forums

>and im sure 160m went to depp's ex wife

ftfy

You best stop telling people to go back to their autism clubs, user. You're in one.

Why the 4th one looks like so fucking cheap compared with the first three movies?

What? The second movie is literally just constant references to the first movie, interspersed with some interesting action setpeices

Because Verbinsky is one of the few directors left in the blockbuster industry with some visual flair.

Everyone in this thread are fat white millennial nerd pussies. Try watching a real pirate drama

Fucking marketing fags

Piss off yee cunts, call out trash for what it is or gtfo Sup Forums you payed inbred shill cunts

9. You forgot SpaceMountain, TomorrowLand, The Country Bears and The Haunted Mansion.

BUTT
PIRATES

Why didn't Salazar drop anchor

it's cool though

It was just good business

He wasn't daft, daft like Jack.

>a show about gay butt pirates

The hair looks cool but you can literally see the border between the practical and cgi face

But, like, 30 percent of movies that go through theaters are disney movie

>blacked sails

lel.

his turn in black mass was fucking based

Not at all. Watch it again. Davy Jones doesn't even appear for the first whole hour. For that first hour there's nothing but

>dude references to the first movie lmao
>retarded cannibal island sequence that is completely irrelevant to the rest of the movie
>a bunch of other boring plot set-up

I would go so far to say that even 3 had a better first hour. But not 4.

he's meant to look like hes underwater, you dumb faggot

did you even watch the first teaser?

There's gravity underwater you dense fuck.

Why do you think stuff falls to the bottom of the ocean? Just because you're a skinny fag that has more bones than muscle on him which makes you lighter than water and makes you float doesn't mean everything does.

CAPITAN THALISTHARRRR

WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO HIM?!