Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg
blog.stephenwolfram.com/2016/11/quick-how-might-the-alien-spacecraft-work/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That he is dying?

How can he die if time doesn't exist?

Time does exist, they just perceive it differently

THAT'S WHY IT'S A PROCESS YOU FUCKING DOLT

What if he perceives it in a way that he can't die?

How...is that possible? Explain yourself.

Why would he process death if he knows he's gonna die anyway?

i thought you were retarded, now i know you're retarded and baiting

why couldn't the advanced alien ships glass not withstand a human bomb? Wouldn't that be like a chimp killing a helicopter pilot by throwing it's shit at the cockpit?

I'm serious, if he knows when he's going to die, why not just never live?

Look at the last moments of the film. Louise decides to have her child regardless of the facf that she will die. You may find an answer there.

How does time and degradation of your body connect?

He has a purpose.

That was just stupid. If she had waited another day to fuck the dude, the kid wouldn't have been the same.

And how couldn't they have seen it coming. Was it an inside job?

To be fair, it was a big bomb.

how the fuck did the aliens manage to explain what "process" was in their language?

Abbott was really brave going on that mission knowing he would be death processed by a bunch of Alex Jones listeners.

F

Why are they called Abbott and Costello though?

is that too hard to explain?

youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

by all means explain how an abstract term such as that was defined

The bomb killed him or hes dying

apology for poor english

when were you when abbott is death process?

i was sat at home eating smegma butter when pjotr ring

‘abbott is death process’

‘no’

Oh look it's the movie I know I saw but I don't remember a single thing about it because it was so unremarkable.

He had arse cancer

where?

Up his fart pipe.

BAD WAY TO GO

Nah it'd be more like a medieval peasant with a halberd smashing up a modern science lab, which they could quite easily do

I think the movie was fucking beautiful, i nearly cried several times. Am i normal ???

Abbott?

No. It was cynical pseudo-intellectual shit

through the use of other words?

were you born knowing what the word process means? were you born knowing english?

haha epic troll dude

your a pleb kid

it would've been impossible for him not to

most of the people here are too dumb to understand it, your reaction was fairly normal

Why did he die? thanks to their language they can see their own future right? then why didn't he stop his own death?

So if learning the alien language gives you magic time traveling powers, how come every human didn't gain magic time traveling powers by the end of the movie?

kek

I cried because I felt I lost $20 so yeah it's normal

HEY ABBOTT

that and contrarianism
>20$ for a movie
AHAHAHAH WHAT

good question, aoyne dlike to answer it?

He couldnt. The future they see is always true and not even really future for them but more like present, so he was always going to die there no matter what he did.

Also, how were they not able to reverse back time to know they were going to encounter aliens that give them time-reversing powers?

Because its an extremely difficult language to learn, and she only leanred some of it from being a language scientist or some shit. Clearly the ending show sher teaching it to others so you can assume eventually others will also gian timecuck powers

That makes no goddamn sense you fucking retard

Yeah sure, and the science guy who spent all those days actually learning the new language too didn't eventually learn the alien language too?
Fuck off.

Didn't see a thread "discussion" retarded as this in quite a while

If you want a interesting interpretation of 'all of time is fixed and exists simultaneously, so take the good with the bad' then just read Jerusalem. Arrival's take felt rather dumbed down in comparison (possibly because I saw the daughter twist coming about 20 minutes in) and it wasted time on plot padding shit and a sub-Doctor Who-level time paradox for a climax instead of the actually profound concepts.

>Arrival's take felt rather dumbed down in comparison
And yet half the people still think the movie is actually about time travel and alien language gives you some time travel teleportation powers, and not just different perceptions of time

Didn't see "post" retarded as this in a quiet while

That sounds like a Death Grips lyric

Who the fuck was Abbott?

Boooooring Villaneueuveuve is fucking booooooriiiiing as fuck.

It means Abbott is kill.

Since the aliens were learning human language, it meant they started to experience time linearly. That's why they couldn't save themselves because they stopped seeing the future.

this but unironically. He's not boring, he's pleb bait. Stupid people will fall for it

if the arrivals had no concept of time, then how did they know how to time travel to that date?

What will happen in 3000years ?

I loved that thread

Fuck in Australia when they said "Abbott is death process" every cunt in the drive-in got out of their utes and started clapping

>le he is popular now so he's shit

He never made a film that was less than above average, and he has been making one film per year from 2009.
Currently one of the most hardworking and most sought out directors in the industry

You don't have to be contrarian just because a few autists/normies overpraise him like he has the key to the meaning of life, he is a good director with a great sense of technical execution.

What a fucking cunt

when they are the only movies you're watching, it's not hard to consider them good. Stay pleb

>muh time travel
but it's not time travel you fucking retards
they can't change the future either

it's a stupid and retarded silly concept, but it has it's logic - they only PERCEIVE the time differently - not in a linear fashion.

Basically they can see the future but they cannot change it as essentially it's more like EXPERIENCING the present and future at the same 'time'.

It's stupid but it's how the movie's logic works. No fucking time travel.

>when they are the only movies you're watching

Where did I even imply something like that?
And tell me an actual buzzword-free argument of why is he "bad" because it seems to me that you hate the people who like Villeneuve more than Villeneuve himself

How the fuck did they learn how to translate a fucking blotch

most likely 1 of these

1: a new incomprehensibly complex form of life has taken over replacing humans

2: humans stuck at some low level of civilization due to the effects of an apocalypsee

3: most multicellular life wiped out including humans

Squidjew lied to elicit sympathy, and in turn to frame the brave American patriots who got wise to their scheme.

The language is a mental weapon that will activate in 3000 years (or faster) when it becomes lingua franca.

Obviously, the squids needed somebody gullible as fuck to carry out heir master plan, and, right on schedule, a woman comes along to willingly sell out her species.

Stephen Wolfram himself (and his son) worked on the mathematics and programming of the language in Arrival

blog.stephenwolfram.com/2016/11/quick-how-might-the-alien-spacecraft-work/
a good read

they are "traveling" through time when they perceive the future you dumb faggot

It's more like the information is travelling back through time to them.

There is no time travel in Arrival.

Read up on determinism and you'll understand why.

But they said it will be a threat for them not us.

You didn't imply it, I just know. And no I've seen some of his movies and thought they are really bad. His fans being plebs who like capeshit is just a fortunate coincidence.

As we saw by Amy Adams character, she "remembers" the future just like we remember our past in the form of memories. She never leaves the current narrative.

You aren't "travelling" through time when you remember something from your childhood, are you?

Not that guy, but Villawhatever is boring and his characters are bland. Dialogue is shit.

I say again, tell me an actual buzzword-free argument of why is he "bad".
Just one coherent sentence which does not involve "lmao capeshit pleb"

>boring
Not an argument.
I wonder what would you say if you saw a film by Bela Tarr or Tarkovsky.

As for the characters being bland, that alone doesn't make a film "bad". Fury Road has pretty dumb simple narrative or dialogue, but it's still a great film.

Do we travel back in time when we remember something, retard?

Why did the aliens need to learn English if they already knew it from their future sight, how did the MC have a vision of that party if that future rested on her getting that vision it's just a cycle

Idk. I watched most of his movies without even knowing it was the same guy directing. I gave them a fair chance and honestly didn't like them. They felt like Fincher and Nolan movies, if that says anything about my taste. I consider them both mediocre directors.

science btfo

how will atheists recover?

wew lad do you even know what any of these words mean

they weren't talking about future generations

I am not saying that you have to like him, I sure don't like a lot of critically acclaimed directors.
But if you claim that you think he is actually shit or bad in his execution then you should be able to say why is he shit

Do you live in Australia? Only we can charge such ridiculous prices

>Stupid people will fall for it

Judging by this and other threads it's the other way around

What did he mean by this?

I bet youre in Melbourne aren't you cunt. Fucking lefties

I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying his movies are boring. I'm saying despite the pretty pictures, Villamemes movies bore me to death.

t. pleb

Yes, we're not all thick twats like you

oh fuck, it's a smart internet intellectual.

You sure showed me

I did indeed, you piece of shit.