Donnie Yen To Star In The Sleeping Dogs Film

>The latest title to get the treatment is Square Enix's Sleeping Dogs, and Donnie Yen is on to star.

>Franchise nurturer and Fast & Furious producer Neal Moritz is backing this one, which will follow an undercover cop (Yen) on a mission to take down one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organisations: the Triads. Well, if anyone can do it, it's Yen.

>The star of the Ip Man films, Yen has most recently been seen in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and xXx: Return Of Xander Cage, and given his martial arts abilities, he'll bring something fresh to the genre, especially if whichever studio sets this one up surrounds him without the right director and other filmmakers.

More video game movies!

When will they learn?

Was Sleeping Dogs good? I have it but I've never played it

Will there ever be another game as comfy as this one?
Driving through the streets of HK at night was magic

Yen is cool.

PORK BUUUUUNN!!

Looks cool.

He's too old though.

Isn't triad just an umbrella term for the various brands of organised crime in Hong Kong? Rather than a specific gang?

>recycle piecemeal elements of various movies into a videogame because it might be fun to play out those scenarios as those characters
>Hey we should make this into a movie!

what the fuck man hes old as shit now, how is he gonna go around yelling IM WEI SHEN/SUN ON YEE MOTHERFUCKER

It was pretty fun, not sure how it could translate to an actual movie though, it was pretty derivative.

Yes, in the game there's the 18K (named after 14k) and the sun on yee

Still cool.

Yeah its great, fun as fuck.

>tfw no chance of a sequel now

It was basically "Chinese movies, the video game".

It would be like adapting RDR or The Last of Us

The best video game movie so far was John Wick

>Donnie Yen

I'm ok with this, yet he's a bit old for the character...

The real problem will be the director. I hope they got it right

It's gonna be Renny Harlin be ready

Why not Daniel Wu? even looks more like the character

Why not just use guy who did the voice from the game? He's a half decent actor already and they did that face capture shit for it anyway.

because kung fu

and donnie yen can sell in asia

Oh shit
I fucking loved Sleeping Dogs

Probably because Donnie Yen actually knows Kung-Fu and is a big draw at the box office.

Get Tom Wilkinson in there

I would say surprisingly easy. It already has good story and making a movie about undercover police in triad shouldnt be hard. Throw some car chase, some detective work and left the rest.

Pretty hyped, Sleeping Dogs was a very comfy game

Who would be your first choice to direct?

John Woo here

The guy who did the Raid movies

Refn

>because Donnie Yen actually knows Kung-Fu
Watch the choreography be garbage anyway cause it uses American stunt coordinators who don't know how to frame an exciting fight without the use of quick cuts.

Uwe Boll

This actually, The Raid 2 was already pretty similar

WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER