The Matrix is a horrible movie. Why do people pretend like it isn't a bad movie?

The Matrix is a horrible movie. Why do people pretend like it isn't a bad movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fwgNscjpHn4
youtube.com/watch?v=IY5Ejus6kgc
youtube.com/watch?v=MT9pH9C7Oew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have shit taste, mate.

The Matrix is one of the best action movies of all time and it revolutionized the whole genre.

lol when this movie came out you weren't even out of junior high

I agree. It was horrible.

It's a near perfect action sci-fi. Not a single second of screentime or dialogue is wasted. It's as tightly knit and fast paced a thriller as you were gonna get 17 years ago.

And it had a very unique style and tone, that's why it inspired a billion knockoffs and parodies.

What's a great movie then?

let's see you make a movie then, if you're so great

I've been a fan of The Matrix Trilogy since it came out

It invented that visual style. The actual plot is terrible and stupid, and I thought so even when it first came out.

I hate you so much dude

>muh edgy leather trenchcoats and ultra-kewl sunglasses

It's funny to see you guys get so butthurt about this juvenile turd

>Why do people pretend like it isn't a bad movie?

why do people here think that if someone likes a film they dislike (or vice versa) that the other person must be pretending

why do you take other people's tastes in entertainment so seriously

Why are people so buttblasted when someone critizes The Matrix?

I think it's a really shallow movie.

it's strenghts and weaknesses are very polarized

it's severely lacking in world building and focuses way too much on stylization

I think it's like star wars, its a situation where you have endless possibilities for good fanmade content, and the movies themselves do none of it justice

What's wrong with the plot?

I can't make it through ten minutes without bursting into laughter. All the "super cool" imagery. It feels like it was made by high-schoolers who had access to professional equipment.

because it's like asking a German what's cool and put it in a movie

The costumes are shit, really shit but other than that its a good film

bunch of 2000s kids not recognizing action and philosophy kino

I bet you were born after 2000

You have shit taste. The only thing bad about The Matrix was the sequels

What I always found amusing about the original is that Neo isn't wearing the trenchcoat or sunglasses for most of the climax.

Someone post the BRAAAAAP

And there it is. The "well.. well... you were probably born after 2000... yeah... that's it"

I was wondering how long it would take for that fucking retard to show up.

Is this a meme, or are there people that actually say retarded shit like this?

True story and a philosophy in it was twisted, dumbed down and americanized to appeal to wide audience.
Real author of the story was jewed and sequels only prove those two mentally ill retards couldn't have written it.

I can translate most of it to reality but I have no incentive to do that.

the second one was good, fuck off

>When OP is too plebian for plebkino

Sad!

Let's not get silly here.

Only good things in it where Monica Belluccis tits and the fighting scenes.

>laughably bad "cool" costumes and imagery
>ultra dumbed-down philosophy 101 dude weed what if? Plot
>cringey dialogue and horrible wooden acting

But, but it's kino because I saw it when it came out and I was young at the time!

It's a meme

this

I think people are really blinded by nostalgia because it was a different spin at the time

Looking back at it now, while we can appreciate what it has done to the film industry we can't just deny that it was poorly written.

Its good movie, one of the best in its genre. If only they had staid true to the original script and not dumbed it down... the script had such glaring retardification its physically painful to think of the lost potential. If only Wachowskis had more political capital in hollywood at the time...

leather was cool in the 90s you dip

this :

Is this an articulate b8 thread? There isn't a living soul, pleb or patrician, who doesn't like this movie.

I hate what it did to the film industry.
It ushered in an era of flashy, substanceless camera work and editing.

>tfw content with Layer 1 of multi-layered movie

I didn't get the philosophy. What was it?

He doesn't get it, therefore it's terrible.

Only a certain number of actual cinematic universes that are coherent and complete. This is one of the few. Don't make fun of the best kind of cinema.

It was what high school kids think is deep the first time they read about "the cave" and smoke weed

the matrix is a spook
agents are upholders of the patriarchy
down with the cis

>it's severely lacking in world building
>world building
It's set in 1999, you dumbass.

>itt: millennials who don't understand how many cliched action movie tropes were invented or popularised by the matrix

More like when this movie was out they weren't even out of kindergarten.

We're getting old, user.

the only people worse than the hardcore matrix autists are the numales who actually try to act like it isnt an extremely good movie

sure it has flaws and it isnt as "deep" as people make it out to be but it certainly is one of the more philosophical action films and its one of the last true action films before they became samey summer blockbusters. The Matrix is the swan song of the genre of action that actually had cool worlds, interesting stories and characters. Just compare it to the shit that we have today with nothing but celebrity faces to pull people to watch those movies (John Wick might be the exception to this)

best post

And again with this retardation.
My age or when I saw this movie has nothing to do with it's quality. It's a dismissive cop-out.

Did you ever play a grand strategy game?
Do you know something about Pythagoras and his philosophy?
Have you watched Ghost in the shell?
Did you ever get really good at something, so good that you see everything in mathematical abstraction models of properties that are relevant to you and you disregard its irrelevant properties?

See

The Matrix is in fact a very good, a perfect movie in the mold of Predator

But holy shit, does it get bogged down by all that awful fucking late 90's edgy music. It has a great orchestral score, but then you have scenes that are just straight up fucking ruined toally by that fucking idiot music.

Still waiting for a fan edit that removes all the licensed tracks out of there.

>tfw I love the matrix so much I can't even defend it without getting emotional

I'll be leaving this thread now

Christ the matrix was bad

spot on post. Matrix is one are the last truly great action films.

It was okay. 6/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=fwgNscjpHn4

kys

kill yourself

>lol dude it's philosophy 101 it's not deep at all i am so cool for being obscurantist

It was as deep as intended - an adaptation of the Hiramic legend of Freemasonry.

Blue and Red pill symbolize the lodges.

I was born in the 70s. I saw The Matrix when it was first released. I thought it was laughably bad then, as I do now. The only new thing it brought to the table was the awful camera and editing techniques.

Because they're not as young as you, so they saw it before all the shit that it influenced that you think is great. It's the same reason that I can't enjoy the original Star Wars trilogy.

The Matrix is the Flame Shirt of movies.

So you are a fan of the Prequel Star Wars? JAR JAR, stop shit posting.

Frightening level of delusion.
First matrix is fine but the sequels are awful

>they are not as young as you

You are an idiot.
I am probably older than you, but that doesn't even matter.

I liek it

>one of the more philosophical
Nothing about it is even remotely thought provoking.

They are not just the flame shirt, they are the full fedora tipping, trench coat wearing, katana wielding, euphoric, hello ladies, of movies.

is gud

Not if you've read into the philosophy behind it, but remember that a lot of people haven't.

As action films go, it IS thought-provoking.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

>Neo, a programmer (content creator) starts to come into terms with the fact that he is autonomous and independent from the made up system around him that billions of people believe to be a reality

>nothing even remotely thought provoking

So youre an edgy tryhard? Do list some thought provoking action movies then

>So you are a fan of the Prequel Star Wars?
No. I'm not a 'fan' of Star Wars at all. The most recent two have probably been the more entertaining one for me, though that isn't saying much.

Eh, yeah? The Matrix is the fucking epitome of everything that was horrible in the late 90's/early 00's. Fuck, most people want to forget about that era and pretend it never happened. But when you start threads like this you're ruining it for everyone.

It's the opposite though. No one who actually lived through that shit time like it. Only people born after 1995 like that shit.

>was horrible in the late 90's/early 00's
everything was perfect in the late 90s/early 00s you idiot

>The most recent two have probably been the more entertaining one for me, though that isn't saying much.
It actually says a lot. If you find any neo-Star Wars movie (including the prequels) more entertaining than the original trilogy, than you're underaged with shit taste. I mean, they are all geek culture oriented shit flicks but at least the original ones have heart and soul.

>t. born in 1996

definitely the worst thread today

Wow, just wow.

Finally

He's right tho

The 90s definitely had some great music.

youtube.com/watch?v=IY5Ejus6kgc
youtube.com/watch?v=MT9pH9C7Oew

Lmao no you weren't

Yes but not that shit you posted thogh, that's the late 90's so not the real 90's. The late 90's/early 00's were fucking horrible pop culture wise.

This.
The only people who enjoyed this shit when it came out were the fedora wearing soon to be redditors.

This

It's merely alright and severely overrated.

It's pretty much nothing but "we were dumb teens, Neo was so cool, Trinity was so hot, Morpheus was so wise".

The sequels are pure feces though.

people still use "red pill me on ________" almost 20 yrs later

i would watch the sequels again over any capeshit of the last 10 years

I like Reloaded

Not really the highest class of people usually though

Yeah. The absolute worst kind of people. It's even the slogan for MGTOW MRA morons, for fuck's sake.

>we can't just deny that it was poorly written
The only major problem with the writing is the "humans as batteries" thing, which was forced by the studio because they thought audiences would be too dumb to understand the original humans as computers.

Point out that The Matrix is really a bad movie.
>You didn't see it when it came out / you were in diapers when it came out
No. I was an adult (18+) person when it came out, and I didn't / do not like it
>No you didn't! *sticks fingers in ears* LALLALLALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALLALALA

-Every The Matrix thread ever.

It's almost like Matrix Autists cannot handle reality and that's why they get so buttblasted about anyone criticizing it...

Looks like someone should have taken the blue pill