Logan

The fact that BvS is considered one of the worst superhero films and Logan is considered one of the best tells you all you need to know about modern film criticism.

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/people/bryan-singer/x-men-tv-spin-adds-sean-teale-natalie-alyn-lind/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>BvS

fucking who?

That it's on point because BvS was a piece of shit and Logan is good?

Tells me that they're right at least sometimes

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

>dcucks on suicide watch
fox is where the capekino is at now lads

That's because BvS is fucking bullshit and Logan is good

BvS is incoherent trash from the very beginning

Why would Bruce run into the fucking middle of the battleground? For what reason? He risked his own life for no reason at all

I unironically enjoyed BvS and I couldn't care less about the bandwagon/circlejerk shit it gets from everybody.

>Why would Bruce run into the fucking middle of the battleground? For what reason? He risked his own life for no reason at all

Are you familiar with the concept of heroism?

I unironically disliked BvS and I couldn't care less about the bandwagon/circlejerk praise it gets from this board.

aaaaay

I laughed at the Martha scene. Like I get it, I don't need some autist to swing in and start explaining what it signaled to Bruce, it was just handled so hilariously.

You're a filthy pleb with shit taste

Seriously wtf

BvS was legitimately a good superhero movie

Because that's "very realistic" and fits into the Snyderverse

For fuck's sake, there's not fucking reason to go into an island that would've been whiped out of existence due to two god-like characters fighting in there, and to top that, a world-terraforming machine destroying it

Are you fucking saying that this is acceptable

>I am [-------------------------------------------] this butthurt

your makeup is running

what are you talking about? are you seriously complaining that Batman acts heroically in a superhero film? is that your genuine complaint? he's a hero, he takes risks and puts his life in danger for the greater good. that's what heroes do.

every time i think i've heard the dumbest criticism ever of BvS, some retard comes out and says something even dumber.

Do you remember who made the Academy Award winning superhero film Suicide Squad? Oh, that's right. It was DC.

I thought the "bvs is bad" meme was over

This has to be bait

I hope you are just joking.

No you idiotic fuck, he goes there without his bat-gadgest, without his bat-suit, only with a SUV and a suit into the middle of the battleground without having even thought about the consequences. The whole place could've been blown out, he doesn't have magical powers, he isn't Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Flash or Wonder Woman, he is just a fucking human that went to that island for no damn reason whatsoever and to top that without preparation

To sumarize all of that because I'm sure as fuck you will still bring your shit to the table: He didn't think twice before going, he didn't go as Batman, he went as Bruce Wayne. If the place would've exploded, he would've died there

But of course you DCucks will close yourselves in your little safe space claiming it's a flawless film

they keep on forcing it. it was funny for a while, but come on guys. we all know BvS is great.

what the fuck island are you talking about? metropolis?

you know actual people ran into the the rubble of the towers on 9/11, right? as in, not peak-human heroic humans, just regular people. why on earth are you so upset that a heroic character acted heroically? people less heroic than batman in real life did the same thing he did. there's literally no problem with this whatsoever, you're a desperate retard. stop replying.

>BvS is bad is meme
>BvS is great
You people unironically believe this.

Wow you're a fucking coward. Off yourself pussy.

Going to Metropolis in a helicopter in order to BARELY rescue anyone is senseless, despite of the "heroism"

Metropolis could've perfectly been fully destroyed, there's no way Bruce would've known if the city was going to be destroyed or not, if it would've been destroyed, then no more Batman, and "saving" people would've been useless

Would someone like Batman run into a place where a nuke is about to fall without knowing that it wasn't going to explode because reasons?

And those people from 9/11 risked their lives, but you aren't taking into consideration what the loss of Bruce Wayne would've made an impact into his company

>Logan
pretentious garbage

>Batman vs Superman
capekino

lol okay dude, batman shouldn't try to save people because oh my god what if wayne enterprises loses its CEO

"sorry little girl i would have saved from a falling beam, wayne enterprises needs its CEO. i'm a hero."

shut the fuck up dude.

Give me one good reason why its "bad" go on, I'll wait

I'm like you but opposite

>mfw MoS and BvS legitimately made me teared up in some moment
>mfw Logan couldn't do it at all

I can't wait for this film to get the recognition it deserves

>batman shouldn't save people
Top kek.

but nonwhites love bvs so that what matters in trumps america

>4 (F O U R) Razzies

You might literally be non-ironic non-meme autistic

Or just lying

That Logan has manage to prove capekino can exist?

Both are great and pure kino.

The difference is that critics dont see Lego Batman or Logan as big enough to be a rival for disney. Thats why they dont get the BvS treatment.

Plus, they have some liberal undertones like the gay shit on lego and the poor little mexicans in Logan

Where were the "fun" critics when they were reviewing Logan? Where did they suddenly go?

Bvs isnt that good. It isnt even that good on a mythological level because u have weird editing as it cuts to real scientists talking about superman, superman scenes that should have been in a Man of Steel 2 and of course WAYYYY TOO MUCH is crammed into this movie on a boring level that leaves you wanting to skip and get str8 onto the next scene.

I may be the only one who enjoyed Spiderman 3 with its New Goblin, Sandman and Venom scenes yet ironically as people call that many having too much content, there wasnt much at all of Venom. He needed to be scarier and have more screen time otherwise Sandman was by far the best fleshed out character.

BvS will not age well and the best way to only enjoy it is by fan edits (same as Suicide Squad).

Probably both

logan has a lot of humor in it, BvS has very little.

>Both are great and pure kino.
>pure kino
BAHAHAHAHA

BvS had great humor when with proper timing. Problem is that it was too subtle for "critics" to enjoy.

>tfw BvS is so awful, boring, and downright shit, that it doesn't even have the potential to be meme fodder for the future like the Star Wars Prequels.
>tfw retards will continue to unfunnily shitpost their capeshit war threads about it every time there's a new Marvel-related movie released, even if it's by a different fucking studio.

The Martha scene would have been okay if it was better edited but the way it is edited in the official release sucks so much.

Batman doesnt become friends with Superman just because their mother is the same name. He becomes his friend and stops fighting him by realising that he is becoming like the person who killed his parents but the bad editing doesnt make this possible on screen so it comes off as cheesy.

Well congratulations you just focused on one thing there, like most of BvS where you just focus in the "good" stuff

Let's see if you can see it this way: What help would've he been of in there? As I said, the place could've exploded, been destroyed or oblitared thanks to the fight between Superman and Zod, and he rushes into the town "to save people" without taking into consideration the chances of the fight destroying the city, and it doesn't apply to other scenarios where he could actually stop the fight because how would he have stopped Zod or Superman?

Basically he goes there to save people without knowing if the city would've been completely destroyed or not, what kind of reasoning is that

He is a hero, but not invincible, he could've dieed because of the debris falling into the streets or could've been hit by Zod's rays, literally he could've died a lot of times in that part of the movie

The shining had a razzie for worst director.

Its more about signaling the most badly received movies than the actual bad movies.

Plus they nominated Ben Affleck as worst actor clearly mistaking the character lines or script with the performance. The performance was decent. Definetely not the worst performance of the year. Cavill who was nominated too, did a great depressive Superman. Great performance.

Id say Lex performance was good too. People didnt like the interpretation of the character.

Regardless the movie deserved makeup, costume, soundtrack and fx oscars. And you know its true.

Just a few months more.

>be me
>Dcuck
>Snyderfags
>Unironically think marlels are some of the most plebeian cunts
>can enjoy Logan and admit it was a very good and emotional movie

Being well adjusted is where is at

You are not well adjusted

I disliked BvS when I first saw it but after I watched the CinemaWins video on it and watched the Ultimate edition I came to a conclusion that while it was a heavily flawed execution the ideas behind it were still good and its not a disaster like the Rotten tomatoes reviews say it is.

Haven't seen Logan but it looks like Last of Us with Mutants instead of zombies

>Not much to say about Logan, the latest in Marvel Comics’ X-Men franchise, this one pushing Wolverine/Logan (Hugh Jackman) toward retirement. It’s really just another exercise in violence featuring Logan’s adamantium claws — a trait shared with teenage Laura (Dafne Keen) in overblown action scenes that recall the sickeningly sadistic kiddie assassin movie Kick-Ass. Mel Gibson’s Blood Father handled a similar father-daughter plot better, but this penchant for on-screen violence is part of contemporary culture’s ugliness.

This is the entirety of /ourguy/'s review. How can one man be so based?

>dat one salty marvelcuck samefagging
still mad about the oscar i see lmao

>Do you remember who made the Academy Award robbing crappy anti-hero film Shit Squad? Oh, that's right. It was DCuck.

Yea, I remember.

>Haven't seen Logan but it looks like Last of Us with Mutants instead of zombies

not really, the girl is far more capable than Logan

Reminder: Video Games = "entertainment" sensibility = autism.

This is predominantly an art board (the "entertainment" shit that is constantly being discussed here is a result of crossposters from pleb boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums)

True cinema = art which is the opposite to autism and in turn the opposite to video games.

The sensibilities resulting in video game appreciation are diametrically opposed to the appreciation of cinema as "art". Videogames/autism/"entertainment" are the reason for capeshit.

If you support capeshit you are Sup Forums and anti Sup Forums, Sup Forums, film and art. No amount of crying to pleblord is going to change this

the absolute madman has done it again. i thought i liked Logan but this man has convinced me i was wrong.

>What help would've he been of in there?

He literally in that scene saved a little girl. That little girl would've died if not for him. Also he helped get Wally out from under that girder.

Stop replying.

DCEU is art though. Snyder is trying to bring capeshit to a whole other level, only a pleb would not understand this.

>Lex the "Jar Jar piss Ding" Luthor
>Injustice teaser + Flashpoint Paradox teaser
>Justice League teaser webcam
I can keep go on and on but I'll give the most obvious one.

Can we all agree that we all fell in love with the Batman V Superman teaser trailer and the first trailer?

>No Justice
>It looked like there would be more scenes of Batman in the apocalytic world
>It looked like we would see more of Wayne Manor and how it got destroyed
>People thought we would see the death of Robin or get more backstory on it
Instead what did we get? Scenes of Superman that were originally going to be in Man of Steel 2 such as father flashbacks, lots of Lex Luthor rambling about nonsense.

I did enjoy the Batman scenes but the rest of the movie felt like a mess, like it didnt flow well from scene to scene, and the way they incorporated the apocalptic scene was pathetic.
>5 minutes later flash appears as Bruce wakes from a dream and then he wakes from another dream
The hell?

And dont get me started on the horrible Doomsday CGI. That felt like it was from an entirely different movie.

To me BvS should have been more Batman focused. You want Superman scenes? Then Snyder should have made Man of Steel 2 first.

Let this movie be more personal. Let us explore more about Bruce's past, of Joker, of Robin. We could have got a nice dialogue scene with Bruce talking to Alfred, bringing up the topic of villains as they both discuss Joker and Lex and their plans. But instead there was no Joker mentioned at all despite him being behind killing Robin. Sure we got the "clowns dressed like freaks" line but we needed more motivation to why Bruce wants to kill Superman despite it clearly being made that Superman travels to Mexico and saves people in the next scene.

We needed more Bruce Wayne flashbacks and less of Superman and Lex Luthor.

>But we may get that in the Batman movie
Too late still and BvS will always be a bland, boring and repetitive film due to how it was made.

This is a tactic that was used in 2012 by Sup Forums goons in for Avengers 1/TDKR and then again when MoS came out. Remember this is pure inauthenticity and tactics to invade Sup Forums ideals.

In a market saturated with boring, one-dimensional, post-camp, ironic superhero stories, this is one that actually aims to be about something and stubbornly refuses to laugh at itself. The problem of evil in religion, the nature of democracy, the state of modern media, fear of power and rejection of outsiders: all feature heavily and enrich the film, but play second fiddle to a simple story of loss, maternal love and the quiet power of hope. There are some welcome breaks from Snyder's distinctive visual style with arresting flashes of colour and a dialling down of slow-motion. The visual dynamism is palpable, but still unswervingly serves the script. Callbacks to Kubrick and Bergman actually feel earned, rather than just glamorous posters used to cover up the cracks in a dorm room's walls. This feels like a thematic culmination for Snyder: the conflict between religion, bureaucracy and machismo from 300, the feeling of parental loss and dream realities from Sucker Punch, which was dedicated to his late mother Marsha and the deconstruction of superheroics from Watchmen. There are few directors working today who could pull off such a monumental undertaking with such fearless style and commitment to singular vision, irrespective of commercial pressures.

SOMEONE has to do it
he couldnt live with himself running away

>clowns dressed like freaks"
I meant freaks dressed like clowns

>This is a tactic that was used in 2012 by Sup Forums goons in for Avengers 1/TDKR
Why are you making shit up? Are you this insecure about coming here summer of 2013?

Is Logan good? What were it's positive and negative aspects? I don't trust most of the people here.

>tfw people will never understand the genius of snyders dceu
it's not fair lads.. why can't they understand? i wish everyone had the capacity to understand and appreciate snyder's genius

What should I see? Logan or Kong Skull Island next weekend at cinemas?

Now they are using more tactics said to them by actual locals of that time.
Remember Sup Forums they invade then they push their ideals. This is why /got/ general was started followed by /who/ then the reality shows. They are backed by rwood

So you're saying it was worth saving those two people with the risk of the whole place being destroyed?

He's a hero, but there's not logical reason in going in there, he would've died and his death would've meant the death of more people that he could've saved if he hadn't died where he could've perfectly being all geared-up and have a higher chance of survival

>DCuck still thinking make up oscar is an achievement
Still salty about the 4 Razzies, huh ?

You were probably one of those shitfucks that was shilling for Nolan for years.

>salty marvelcuck so mad he took the time to make this image
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Skull Island

I haven't watched Kong, but Logan is a 9/10

sad!

You've been caught you imposter. No amount of turn around tactics is going to change your Sup Forums sensibilities being illuminated.
You are Sup Forums
You are reddit
You are crossposter
You are anti Sup Forums

>Superman is everything Bruce wanted Batman to be but couldn't

Pure kino

I like how you haven't even mentioned Sup Forums you infant of the mind.

>He becomes his friend and stops fighting him by realising that he is becoming like the person who killed his parents

But that's wrong.

>lots of Lex Luthor rambling about nonsense.
Guess it's true, people hate what they don't understand.

>using image of laughing Affleck while he is about to quit DCEU and already sick of Batman.
Whenever a DCuck use this pic it never failed to make me KEK.

>You are reddit
You have once again proven to be an invader and pusher of anti-Sup Forums. Go home before your curb stomped back

>no denial
we have a full fledged Sup Forums-browsing, gamergate-participator here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pros
>brutally violents action scene
>stewart acting
>jackman acting
>dafne acting
>good charachters arcs
>no quip (maybe one or two, but breddy good)

CONS
>some pretty heavy expositions parts
>inconsistent villains

But it's a very charachter driven movie, very similar to The Road or Last of Us, so the enemies are just there to give the heroes some sense of urgency.
Also, the cinematography isnt over the top and accompanies the movie pretty well.
It's not Snyder tier but it's not Marvel tier either. A good middle ground

the main flaws with logan are hamfisted political dialogue, a really weak stupid third act, and the fact that the central relationship of the film feels shockingly underdeveloped.

Once again the Sup Forums poster uses turn around tactics since the nolan claim did not work. This is your average pro Sup Forums and anti Sup Forums ideals poster

Jokes on you faggot, DC girl jumped on FOX bandwagon

empireonline.com/people/bryan-singer/x-men-tv-spin-adds-sean-teale-natalie-alyn-lind/