Just watched this, are all relationships doomed to end with the couple falling out of love...

Just watched this, are all relationships doomed to end with the couple falling out of love? also what did you think of the movie?

it's another movie that turns the white male lead into a pussyfied fag similar to 500 days of summer and eternal sunshine.

no its just about two people, it really just shows that relationships are hard work and if you ignore them or stop really listening to your partner things will fall apart

it made me cry

Haven't seen it, but thanks for the spoiler.

it reminded me of me and my ex, things went between us similar to how they went in the movie she stopped loving me and I basically was having sex with someone who wished for it to end.

Best Michelle flick ever. Problem is, she's so much better at improvising than Gosling, the illusion starts to fail when it's his turn to act.

Notice how they broke the fourth wall at one point ("Is this you?") I thought that was quite daring.

I think the ending could have been better though. Gosling should have had to pick the kid up and bodily hand it back to its mother. Would have added an extra gut-punch to the final scene.

DONT TRUST WOMEN WITH DOGS.

>is this you?
remind me when that happened

It's a very sad film, a good representation of what being in a relationship means. Also, the soundtrack is brilliant.

Things were doomed from the start, though. She was so fucked up she couldn't have a sustainable relationship with anyone. Her only interest in Gosling's character was that he brought some level of stability to her life, at least compared to wrestling Chad.

Hard work couldn't have saved it.

Great horror movie

Best female villain ever

Haven't seen it in years, but there's some kind of montage, during which the couple are seen holding up a small sign with that phrase on it. It's very brief and easy to miss.

I go back and forth between blaming one of them, the other, and both of them.
He's a great guy, but it's kind of a red flag when he climbs up on the bridge when she wont tell him what's wrong.
On the other hand, he works and clearly adores his wife's daughter. Why does it matter that he doesn't have some great, fulfilling career? The wife is kind of a cunt in that regard.

Oh yeah right, didn't understand what that was about

this

Every time this movie is discussed the edgy people who wanna go against the grain always point the same fucking things out -- Gosling's characters lacked motivation, he was a manchild, he was lazy, etc.

Problem is, he never pretended to be anything else, he even met her doing his shitty job. She knew what he had to offer from the start, the only problem is she didn't love him like he loved her. When the movie starts, he's looking for a job, living life on his own, just letting things come, while she''s already getting pumped (by what was later revealed to be an astronomical number of partners) and then jumps right onto him after it doesn't work out, no break at all in between. I'm not sure she could even feel the same type of specialness and attachment he felt with her. Their lifestyles are just too different.

She accepted him because it was convenient, he offered to care for her at the lowest point in her life, and she was "in love" with him, but that passion faded. No matter what, though, he kept trying while she just died inside, which made him increasingly frustrated.

Brutal movie.

From a biological viewpoint in terms of neurotransmitters and hormones passion phase fades after 2-3 years.

After that it's the coupling phase with oxytocin, content, comfort, familiarity - which can last a few years.

If you're not compatible, if the relationship is an uneven workload it will definitely fail. Add the temptation of other relationship prospects and it's hard.

The girly notions of a relationship being easy, hollywood romcom, fulfilling and giving you strength is bullshit unless you're on the receiving end. Rarely is one party solely to blame but.

>Omg i cant believe he cheated on me when i only nag him, demand things, rack up huge bills and not put out for a whole year

Geez who'd a thunk he'd go for the easy-going, pleasant flirty girl at work

One of the most redpilled films ever made. Earns its place among the likes of Last Tango in Paris and Straw Dogs as far as being standard bearers for portrayals of gender dynamics are concerned. Essential kino

>are all relationships doomed to end with the couple falling out of love?
Pretty much, if you go for sluts. But don't kid yourself, even the most 'redpilled' of you will still go for them, because they're hot and flashy and have your tiny glands firing like nuclear war. You all complain that 'grills be choosing Chads', 'women are shallow and materialistic', but at the same time you have ridiculously high standards as well. You say you dream about a nerdy quiet girl like yourself, in reality you don't even notice her and keep lusting after Stacey and whore actresses, and when Stacey rejects you you're salty and turn into Elliott Rodgers or otherwise pass the point of no return. And then of course you blame girls, all of them, even that wretched creature you cucked and friendzoned while not even being aware of it.

>grills are either Staceys or eldritch abominations, a supreme gentleman like me should know!
lel, just proving my point

Whatever you say, "nerdy quiet girl".

Don't worry, one day a feeder with a control fetish will sweep you off your feet (with the aid of a crane, obviously.)

Way to go with the slut-shaming, btw.

Because beauty is the biggest thing in women. Everybody knows it. Those girls are stacies or sluts because they can be, dude. Because they're hot as fuck and they can make dudes fall in love with them

The nerdy quiet girl is usually ugly and she's not really smart either. Findind a good pretty girl is like 5% chance unless you're rich, so yeah.

This whole relationship system is fucked.

>slut-shaming
gb2tumblr

I don't man, some people end up in extremely long lasting successfully marriages right?

Their in the minority, but so are people who work out. Just seems like the average human being is just a lazy, stupid piece of shit.

>their

Fuck, meant they're* obviously.

>I don't man, some people end up in extremely long lasting successfully marriages right?

in theory, yes. Have yet to see it IRL, but who knows.

This.
But this slutty behavior is becoming common. Eventually, you might fall for a cute girl, not a particularly hot one, and realize too late she's just another shallow cunt.

Met a few couples in this situation, I envy them.

>But this slutty behavior is becoming common
>becoming

We're already in full turbo degeneracy mode. I'd say slutty behaviour is the norm.

It is. When I was a kid the idea that women could be sluts and whores still held weight, and that should be the way it remained. Men can also be sluts and whores and I'd expect no less judgement from women.

When I was in my last relationship my ex had a friend who was literally the biggest fucking whorebag piece of shit I'd ever seen, her number of sexual partners was astronomical, she'd fuck guys in the woods, in shopping malls, in beaches, at parties, anywhere. My ex considered this totally normal and said no one could judge her. When she told me about it and I had a negative reaction, she became frustrated. I don't participate in this kind of behaviour, so I feel completely justified in judging it. Just like I judge criminal and maintain a clean record.

This "everyone is free, every action is the same, and nothing should have consequences" mindset is the biggest cancer to ever exist.

>comparing sluts to criminals

OK, user

>not being able to interpret the information you read and put it into context

Ok, mad roastie.

I'll spell it out for you then.

Slutty people fuck slutty people. Both parties are happy.

Shy people get together with shy people. Both parties are happy.

Criminals are actively harming other people.

In the rare case when shy and slutty people do get together, hilarity ensues, but saying shit like "this is the cancer that's killing our society" is just stupid.

>not being able to get the point AT ALL

Holy fucking shit, you are a special kind of retarded fucking typing monkey.

I wasn't comparing sluts to criminals, you dumbfuck, I was saying I judge sluts because I don't engage in slutty manwhore behaviour just like I judge criminals because I don't engage in criminal activities. I judge things I personally don't do and consider wrong.

Never type a word again you cumguzzling slut.

>profound.

Also the list goes on.

I work out every day and don't eat fatty foods. When I see someone eating fatty foods, I judge them negatively. Am I now comparing sluts to food?

I listen to a genre of music and dislike another. When I meet a person who's a really big fan of a genre I dislike, I judge them negatively. Am I comparing sluts to music?

I preffer dogs over cats. When I meet a person who has many cats, I judge them negatively, slightly. Am I comparing sluts to cats?

See you you're such a goddamn retard you miss the point entirely and then try to appear smart anyway?

Don't worry though, I've spelled it out for you :')

>Shy people get together with shy people
Except when slut culture has warped everyone's perceptions and even shy people are lusting for 10/10 sluts and thus can't proliferate their superior shy genome

>this is the cancer that's killing our society
I would not say that, but I don't think society really benefits in long-term perspective when more and more people are doomed to loneliness and there is less genetic diversity.

>goth chick in the middle
NNNNNGGGGHHH

>when more and more people are doomed to loneliness and there is less genetic diversity
>not getting how evolution works
Seeya at church on Sunday, Cleatus.

I have been convinced of this for quite some time.

dude you're literally comparing sluts to criminals to cat owners to fat people to NOTMUHmusic people.

stay classy.

>slightly
this 100%. cat owners deserve a punch in the face, everyone else you listed deserve to burn in hell

what has fucking around has to do with having kids?

sluts will calm down and settle with someone in the end, don't worry about it

dude youre litereally retarded lmao xD wanna smoke weed

Respectable.

When do they say she had a lot of partners? Agree with the rest though, film is Sauvage by Dior.

Watch picrelated, fedora'd guy, and don't be scared, this is the future you chose.

>sluts will calm down and settle with someone in the end
But people traumatized by sluts probaly never will.

The interview at the abortion clinic. She lost her virginity at 13 and had about 25 sexual partners.

i like place beyond the pines

I agree with the message behind the bitterness

I kinda agree, but if you follow the discussion, we're talking about this kind of behavior:

>a friend who was literally the biggest fucking whorebag piece of shit I'd ever seen, her number of sexual partners was astronomical, she'd fuck guys in the woods, in shopping malls, in beaches, at parties, anywhere

If you somehow managed to mistake such person for your one true love, joke's on you.

>but at the same time you have ridiculously high standards as well.
I just wish I had an actual real life friend

Did you even fucking read the second guys comment

>it's another user can't follow the discussion episode

I'd love to say "I'm done with you", but I'm stuck in this hell forever, so whatever, let's go on

Same shit, senpai. At this point I don't even want sex. Sex is overrated and gross and I can always jerk off anyway. I just want some real alive human bean to bro up with, to go to movies with and cheat the NSP, to sit and stare at each other autistically, this kind of thing.

Okay, I reread it. My bad user. These threads make my blood boil, I don't know why I torture myself reading them.

Opinion confirmed as invalid.

>These threads make my blood boil, I don't know why I torture myself reading them.

no idea, but same here.

>mfw female neckbeards actually exist

>even that wretched creature you cucked and friendzoned while not even being aware of it
>wretched creature

Kind of implies ugly, doesn't it?

>hasn't seen the movie

ugly girls spend their times doing interesting shit and watching animus
ugly guys spend their times doing interesting shit and watching animus
both lust after 10/10s cause they are sexy and beautiful

people still can't come to terms with this
>WAAAHH LIFE IS UNFAIR
>WHY CAN'T I MEET 10/10 chad/stacy who is also a real person, would understand my hobby and watch animus with me

My parents have been married for 33 years and are still in love with each other, so no, not "all" I guess.

Watched it again. It was a very difficult watch after La La Land which was much less soppy.

No wait i have the wrong card....

...while playing RPGs that have this concept simplified to fucking NUMBERS

INT, WIS, CHR

that's all there is to it, calm down and enjoy your life.

Why is TV convinced gosling and every character he portrays is some kind of r9k Sup Forums browsing "nice guy" tm?
If you ask most women, gosling is probably in their top 3 would cuck list. If that doesn't qualify as Chad I don't know what does.

Fuck no cuck kek

>the scene where Goose unpacks the old man's stuff at the retirement home

Haven't cried at a movie in a long time

All feelings of "love" are just strong chemicals in your brain telling you to reproduce with that person as much as possible. They fade away over a period of time once everything is normalized and the relationship seems to just be bland. People call the time when everything is great and those chemicals are in overdrive the "honeymoon phase". You see this a lot in dumb high school kids whose brains are in a weird transitional phase. They think they are in love and that they are going to be together forever. The vast majority don't.

People cheat. They get tired of fucking each other all the time. They get tired of being with each other. Open relationships don't help. It's a lie people tell themselves just so they can still technically be together for the stability of having an intertwined life but continue playing the "not looking for anything serious" thing. Open relationships are more a cry for help and they all end the same way as monogamous ones.

The truth is in trying it for yourself. People fall out of love all the time. Half of marriages end in divorce. Especially nowadays where everyone is more into looking for fun more than looking to actually attempt to build something with another person. Used to, seeing a dried up hag trying to pick up men even though her beauty ran out long ago was something that was laughable but as I see more and more women in my group of friends continue to live inside the same bars and keeping a group of men around in their 30s, the more I think it might be more common to see old women who missed their shot and cant find a man now. But in my opinion even if you fail at a relationship, it's worth a shot if you think the girl is worth it.

it is the hedgehog dillema mate

if we are both autists who will notice who

also shy girls go for chads and they don't dream about me

you could not be more retarded

my dream is to have a relationship like these 2 jews

Fucking kill yourself like your idol Elliott Rodger

Do they all have colds?

Nice strawman but I'm a male 6-7/10 depending on your type. I'm also not fixated on 10s, most of the girls I fantasize about are objectively my equals in looks.

>muh anime

With the exception of well-produced stuff like those Miyazaki (?) movies anime is quite frankly complete garbage. All of it. Anime for TV is literally a voice acted slideshow of still pictures with one or two moving elements, and everything is tediously slowed down and repeated to rice-Jew you out of your time on the smallest possible budget, with the worst possible scripts. Manga is the same shit, there's a nice colored picture on the front and then everything inside is black and white. How low does your self-esteem have to be that you don't get enraged when someone tries to sell you a comic book with no fucking colors? Or a cartoon with fewer than 24 fps? If you don't respect yourself, why would anyone else?

Any way, as a spergy teen I got rejected a bunch of times - by 6s and 7s, not by 10s. Rationally, I know it was because I was acting weird and I'd probably have a shot now if I could approach the situation "fresh", as if the past never happened. But the traumatic conditioning is there so regardless of any thoughts I feel certain that displays of sexual interest inevitably lead to painful rejection. I have become sexually mute, if you will. Sometimes grills hit on me and I play it off like I don't notice or don't care. This way at least I get out unscathed. Works every time.

>Manga is the same shit, there's a nice colored picture on the front and then everything inside is black and white. How low does your self-esteem have to be that you don't get enraged when someone tries to sell you a comic book with no fucking colors?
This has to be pasta, otherwise we gotta evacuate the planet because you're a black-hole of plebness, m8

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I meant to inspire you to dream bigger. Imagine you're watching a film and things are MOVING. Or imagine you're reading a comic book and every picture is a genuine drawing, with effort behind it, not a dark scribbling by someone on a tight schedule. These things are possible, you could have them.

>every picture is a genuine drawing, with effort behind it, not a dark scribbling by someone on a tight schedule
>Implying Murrican comic book artists can draw anything but pin-up level whores and chads with sameface, aren't on a schedule and aren't half of them Asian migrants anyway
Nice try, DC/Marvel shill, I give 2/10

>I got rejected a bunch of times
>traumatic conditioning
>Sometimes grills hit on me
>I reject them
>Works every time

nice, lad

jesus christ, I didn't mean anime literally
just referencing the
>my niche weird hobby
meme

but nice pasta, saved

I read comic books when i was a child, mostly European stuff like the French Asterix, Isnogud and some Valerian or Scandinavian (forgot which specific country) Petterson and Findus (original names may be drastically different). Zero Marvel/DC. The only American comics I know for sure I read were Donald Duck / Mickey Mouse. I still own a bunch of those.

>nice pasta, saved

Repost it. Spread the word.

>The only American comics I know for sure I read were Donald Duck / Mickey Mouse. I still own a bunch of those.
are you sure those weren't italian ones?

Get married when you fall in love. Have kids while you're still in love. Stay together for the kids. This is the cycle save rare couples

I'm in Germany, Disney comics are sold as "Lustiges Taschenbuch" (literal translation: funny pocket book), a book-sized compilation of Disney comics, released every 2 or 3 months iirc. No idea about the chain of production that goes into them, if the stories are all new or if old strips are being rehashed etc.

>t. roastie