youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Harkonen is literally a big guy.

>flies around and shouts

Why didn't he just say "Hi Grandfather"

4u

>This is fucking weird Coop.
>I'm sure it's all part of the grand design Ed

Does dune look better with white sand, or with red/brown sand?

Paul and Leto had some bitchin' hair back then.

Diane, I seem to have gotten myself in quite the mess this time.

More on that later.

they should be wearing hooded robes over their stillsuits

Sean young in dune was a CUTE

too water fat tbqh

seems like a case for the bookhouse boys

If I pull that of will you die?

Maybe the remake will be successful and we can have 14 of them. All the way to sexy space nuns.

The source material is basically unfilmable, I'm surprised that there will have been two adaptions of it

What's your tax policy, Paul Muad'Dib?

i unironically liked the movie

It would actually be a pretty good netflix/amazon/ whatever series, but after the scifi channel mini series there's now way that will happen

No, it wouldn't be. So much of what makes the original book so great is Herbert's unique writing style; his allusions, his metaphors. None of that can be replicated on screen.

This is why the best adaptations do just that, adapt the source material instead of trying to recreate it 1:1 in a different format
It can be done, anything can be adapated, and if it's done well the things that made the book great wont be what make the film great

Nope, the source material is sacred and any enjoyment you get out of a poor adaptation will merely out you as the illiterate plebeian you obviously are

>the best part of Dune is the writing style
ok

why unfilmable?

I think some ideas of 1984 Dune were quite nice. It felt nice and sounded nice, but then the film fell apart. Have to rewatch it some time (usually always disappointed in the end).

>The Spice, Baron, hand it over.

>Baron, the Spice.

uhhh you don't get to bring sand worms

ayyyy

Wew lads

mid of film is terrible. chapters of book just skipped. ending is terrible too.

>My brother is coming, with maaaaaaany Fremen waaaaaariorssssss

Golden/yellow sand

That exposition at the beginning was pretty bad, too.
I mean, I wanted to smell princess farts and all, but they could have figured out something better than fade in fade out fade in fade out fade in fade out, and still communicated the background needed.
I think the theatrical release had one less fade in, meaning most people were probably
>WTF
more.

For my secret Jew/Arabic name I'll use that namie that means clean and unclean at the same time. Is that Halal? (Potter means asshole). Now shake my left hand arabs.

Literally who? That tacky manlet from the sequels to Fantastic Beasts? Feck off.

Cool costumes for a sand guy

>dad only saw this movie because it had sting in it
>he hated it

I wipe my ass with my right hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk