What the fuck

what the fuck

Fantastic film, only racist losers will disagree.

You won't understand it if you take everything at face value user. Really, moonlight was a film about the oppression of whites

Why didn't the oldest one Black get more credit for his performance? Using the hood shit and masculinity to mask his insecurities was all conveyed perfectly with just body language.

Racist loser #1 ladies and gentleman....

What's weird is that teh gay is one of the only ways last to tell a truly romantic story in the classic sense.
If you had a hetero guy (or girl) have only one sexual encounter as a teen and then spending the next 10~ years as a virgin saint only to immediately long for that thing you had going on back then as soon as you hear from that person again it'd sound fucking pathetic unless you had the main character be a semi-retard à la Forrest Gump.
But make it a "gay" movie and you can tell the same story and make it work, plus you get people talking about it for free.
Hot lesbian sex aside, how pretentious and tryhard would La vie d'Adele be if it had a boy and a girl?

You are literally too stupid to understand the movie you watched. Did you not understand anything the film showed you about how homosexuality is treated in poor hyper-masculine black environments? A hetero guy having one sexual experience and then doting on it for a decade would absolutely be pathetic or semi-retarded. Fuck off back to /r9k/.

it's called cis heternormativity in tumblr speak. tldr gays can be oppressors to and perpetuate white supremacy

Why did this win? All the scenes I saw of this on the Oscars show looked fucking boring. Sure Lala land looks fucking stupid, but it was at least interesting looking, this just looks like some dumb attempt at pleasing the dumb "BOYCOTT THE OSCARS! THEY'RE TOO WHITE!" fucks by handing the award to a movie that's not only black but also gay.

It really looks like a fucking boring romance movie, which is bad enough when I don't like romance movies to begin with.

>writing so much fluff about something you haven't seen properly in context

DAE want to put their face in Saorse Ronan's arm pit?

>this person is posting along side you on Sup Forums right now where his opinions on film are valued just as much as your own

Maybe try watching the movie, you Sup Forums tier ADHD child?

who wouldn't?

If both gay guys in the movie are black guys how can they tell if the catcher shit himself or not?

Getting shit on your python while you cap a nigga's ass is a staple of african american culture.

gosh i guess that makes sense mister.

The only time I have witnessed gay buggery in film was Brokeback Mountain. It didnt strike me as romantic. But gays cant intercourse as it was meant to be. How do you make a love scene out of stemming the rose?

EVERY good piece of cinemtography was ripped straight out of knight of cups.
EVERY character was a stereotype and movie cliche.
EVERY single part of the character arc was predicable and impactless.

The pacing didn't do it any favours either. The drug dealer hangs out with the kid twice in 30 mins of onscreen time then they expected the audience to feel things when the kid randomly blurts out "Do you sell drugs to my mum?"

It didn't deserve an oscar win at all. Hacksaw Ridge was goofy as fuck and just as by the books but was 100 times more hard hitting despite 3/4 of film just being a spastic jap getting shot in the face.

Really makes one think

Yes but none of the spastic japs or army guys paired off for a game of butt buddies so your argument is invalid you homophobe.

sorry :/

>EVERY good piece of cinemtography was ripped straight out of knight of cups.

Holy christ user get the fuck off of Sup Forums. Memes are just memes.

What does that even mean
They clearly ripped off Emmanuel Lubezki you dumb faggot, just because I mentioned a malik movie doesn't make it any less true.

Racist? Black guys fucking other black guys is probably something that the KKK fully endorses. It means fewer black babies in the future and zero miscegenation.

Typical nazi hogwash

Anal is massively overrated, barely worth the obnoxious prep time. I've been in a relationship with three dudes in my life, didn't even plug one of them at all and it was still a rarity with the other two. Frottage/oral/cuddly stuff is a lot more convenient, romantic, and doesn't require you to shove a gallon of water up your anus an hour in advance.

I assume frottage would be met with accusations of fear over gay intimacy.

I loved it. I thought it was great.

Moving story. Open ended. Some of the best, and least hate-able child acting I have seen in recent memory. Great pacing. Beautiful cinematography. Lovely, and memorable score. Brilliant performances from all three key actors.

I think the thing which made me realize how good it actually was, was something I don't think the film has been conceived in the context of. I didn't care about the races.

I have a few issues with other, non-western European cultures, and by extension of that, I have issues with other races and their behavior, how they are held up and represented in domestic medias, and the fact that, in my experience, so many stereotypes hold utterly true.

I HATE disgustingly manufactured, Oscar, twitter, leftist-jerk off wank material. "WE WUZ AHSTRONAWTS AND SHIET" "MUHMUH IZ IS DUMB AND GUMMERMENT GON TAKE MUH BAYBE". Spike lee outside of his one or two good films can suck my dick. It's awful. Pretentious. Cheap. Cynical. And often, just bad films wrapped up in race so far that no one question the actual quality of the film, or at the very least, let it slip by quietly without criticizing it.

Moonlight, for me, did none of this. I felt absolutely beautiful. It had its own story. It was stunningly written. It glorified no one. It held no one up. It showed every flaw in every character and those dysfunctions as they are writ-large on society. No one person was perfect. And often. They were simply bad people or were weak enough to do dreadful things for quick returns. I totally forgot about race. I could watch it, be absorbed by it, not care about the AAVE, because it was so realistically broken and intuitive, not feel that there was some agenda mindfucking you behind every sentence of the dialogue or imagery.

It's not the best film on the planet. It DID deserved the Oscar, worst films have won it in the last 10 years. But I will say this: It is one of, if not the best, examples of black cinema we have.

this desu

Looking back over that I made so many disgusting typos and grammatical errors. Please give me the benefit of the doubt.

what a reddit post
its one of the 'best examples of black cinema' because blacks aren't intelligent enough to make good movies
there are numerous flaws in this film which have been stated in this thread time and time again
if this film actually moved you that much then I implore you to take a hard look at your own intelligence, in the hope that you realise you are lacking it and the realisation stops you from ever posting drivel of this kind again

Blue and purple nirgras

>if this film actually moved you that much then I implore you to take a hard look at your own intelligence, in the hope that you realise you are lacking it and the realisation stops you from ever posting drivel of this kind again

Nirgra one, Nirgra two. Nirgra purlpe, Nirgra blue. Nirgras.

kek you couldn't even click on my post to reply to it yet you assume your opinion is of any worth to anyone
god is there anything worse than a pseudo intellectual? Just admit to yourself and everyone else that you aren't intelligent and end this farce

>what a reddit post
>its one of the 'best examples of black cinema' because blacks aren't intelligent enough to make good movies
>there are numerous flaws in this film which have been stated in this thread time and time again
>if this film actually moved you that much then I implore you to take a hard look at your own intelligence, in the hope that you realise you are lacking it and the realisation stops you from ever posting drivel of this kind again

>least hate-able child

Well shit that's something you put on the goddamn poster

All the colors of the Lil' Waynebow

>tfw you make a low iq subhuman so mad he responds by quoting your post and adding an EPIC image to it
I love it

>kek you couldn't even click on my post to reply to it yet you assume your opinion is of any worth to anyone
>god is there anything worse than a pseudo intellectual? Just admit to yourself and everyone else that you aren't intelligent and end this farce

agreed 10x. the entire dynamic between juan and chiron as a kid was just captivating. not to mention naomie harris as his ma was just perfect.

>he still can't refute my point
whats wrong buddy? aren't you gonna tell me it has beautiful cinematography and a wonderful score that complimented the delicate yet violent struggle of a black male drowning in the thrashing waves of toxic masculinity that he's both a part of yet isolated from?

You don't have any point.

Why the fuck did I watch this shit it was gay as fuck and bad

No you misunderstand what i'm saying. I'm not going to demonstrate what a racist I am as some kind of intellectual feature, that's just stupid. I addressed it it show the position I usually come from when presented with African American Oscar bait.

You haven't said why you dislike the film, you have only said that I should recognize that the reason I like it is because I am too stupid not to. That is not an argument.

>"Blacks aren't intelligent enough to make good movies"

First off, i'm pretty sure the entirety of Africa would have a hard time making something as polished as this. So your claim isn't ENTIRELY false, you just need to demonstrate WHY you think this.
Secondly, there are plenty of black film-makers which have made better films than you could ever manage. Fuck. They have MADE a film, which is better than you and I already.
And third. "This is the best example of black cinema" as a claim, has not been refuted by you.

You're a dumb dumb~ Engage with your own thoughts first, let alone anyone else's. Stop treating your mind like a echo chamber.

kek
I love it!

>You haven't said why you dislike the film, you have only said that I should recognize that the reason I like it is because I am too stupid not to. That is not an argument.
heres my post on a few of its flaws
i'm relaxing with some red wine so i'm not going to go into detail nor does this film warrant an analytical essay about it's shortcomings
>blah blah blah africa is smart goy blah blah
Name one good black director that isn't steve mcqueen who himself hasn't made any real works of art, just slightly above average movies (shame, hunger)

Oh wait you can't. I'm not saying this because I hate black people but the fact of the matter is they just cannot venture into the realm of art because they simply lack the intelligence.

Stop being mad and just accept the fact that this is just not a good movie. It's bland and deriviative. If you think otherwise then watch more movies then come back to it and I am 100% sure you will not feel the same way about it

Hacksaw Ridge deserved the Oscar.

>If he han't been gay the movie would have felt different
No shit Sherlock, your IQ must be 4 digits to figure out something like this

>hackshaw ridge was hard hitting

Mate, in the trash it goes your pseudo intellectual reditor

If a gay nigger made you want to cry more than a guy saving 75 lives in ww2 despite everyone hating him then you need to sort your fucking priorities out

It was fine. The problem is that it didn't become anything more than exactly what we assumed it was. I think the soundtrack tricked people into thinking it was deeper than it was.

>movie called moonlight
>To moon someone is to show them your buttocks
>movie is about a gay black man that is unsure if he likes to moon other men in the light

Why is this allowed?

just saw it. The movie was just...plain...

He was a brainwashed faggot saving jews from the war. As much a cuck as you. I can't believe you let that jew propaganda into your clearly well developed brain. YES GOY fight for isreal.

he wasn't fighting for the war though
he was fighting to protect his fellow man
he knew the war was a mistake but he loved his fellow man and couldn't live with himself if he didn't do everything in his power to protect and save them
desmond doss is a better man than you and I and well worthy of respect regardless of who directed the film and what made his principles come to life

It felt way too short.
Act 3 was already over when it began

How in the fuck did this win over Manchester by the Sea

nice backpedal my fedora wearing "friend"

>replying to a 4 hour old baitpost

Moonlight is better