West Ham investigation

>dildo brothers were paying £2.5m a year rent for stadium

>RELEGATED

gawn bradly me son gettin

*destroys one of the uks most famous and historic clubs*

>any london club being one of the most historic

I like Sadiq Khan, but that twitter comment is the best banter I've seen in ages

>I like Sadiq Khan

What do you have against him other than being muslim?

Main point was when he said in an offhand manner that terrorist attacks were 'part and parcel' of living in London, i.e. totally acceptable and to be expected. And that is what that phrase means, and that is the phrase he used, so there's no defending him on that.

do west ham actually own a stadium?
like is it possible london revokes the olympic stadium from them and they're stuck with nothing?

he ain't wrong though is he.

>I like Sadiq Khan

They hold the lease i.e. they own it, but for 99 years.

>that name

someone call the cops

So there's no way it could get revoked? That sounds like a pretty sweet deal

all these deals usually have 'escape clauses' for extreme scenarios (west ham relegated or closed, etc) but this 'mayor of london to take control of the stadium to renegotiate deals' sounds a bit like overreaching or simply false

He said being "prepared" is part and parcel of living in "any major city" you fucking mongoloid mouth-breather

Not easily. The only way they can revoke the lease is if West Ham fail to make their paltry payments, or if they fail to meet any of their other expectations as the leaseholder. I don't believe West Ham were given many special requirements at all, it was one of the complaints at the time that they wouldn't have to let other sports use the stadium even if it was the off season.

Nice to see Sadiq is in the US, and spending his time there on Sup Forums

>it was one of the complaints at the time that they wouldn't have to let other sports use the stadium even if it was the off season.
Didn't they have to let it be used for athletics at least though? World champs were held there this year

>implying there's much difference
lmao

Tell that to any major city in Japan. They sure have a big problem with terrorist attacks.

That would've been one arranged before the time so bundled into the deal, but say in a decade they wanted to hold it there again, it would be up to West Ham entirely.
Possibly during this investigation they would relent to allowing one such event every few years to just get rid of the wolves at the door (+ whoever agreed this deal has to be a West Ham fan because the taxpayer got fucked hard on it so they will want this to just go away quickly), but legally they'd be under no such obligation.

Good point
Nothing crazy happens in cities here. Guess why

>English as a second language

>terrorist attacks are part and parcel of living in a big city
>being prepared for terrorist attacks is part and parcel of living in a big city
oh wow so different statements lmao

The former statement implies that you should just accept them and get used to them. The latter implies that you should be able to prevent them.

Not in essence much difference in the statements though, both accept that terrorist attacks cannot be prevented by the authorities, and either is stupid for a leader to say

>thread about Wet Spam being shit on again
>ppl bickering about Sadiq Khan
he's shit and a moron, I know. but this is a broken record.

both statements imply terrorist attacks are something 'normal' in big cities, which is what everbody criticised him for
>The latter implies that you should be able to prevent them
completely false, being prepared for something doesn't imply preventing it but being able to deal with the consequences

Except crazy japs stabbing each other at train stations

Being prepared for something does not mean that the something is "acceptable".

Based China bro

hes right though

>other than being muslim?

He is.
>import savages of different race, religion, and IQ.
>Expect they killing the local people.

Gonna be fucking hilarious when West Ham are playing at The Valley in the championship.

>losing £24m
How? Didn't they already pay for the stadium? Are regular costs in excess of that a year?

They are probably losing money on it by hosting athletic events which nobody cares about but they still have to convert the stadium back to athletics mode. I guess it's why most Olympic stadiums end up abandoned unless a football team takes it over.

Imagine tearing down Upton Park for all this shit. Hilarious tbqh.

Also originally they forecast that the cost of converting the stadium back to an athletics stadium each summer would cost roughly £300,000 but it is really costing them about £8 million.

>£8m a year
Lol. How can they fuck up so bad? Don't Atlanta convert their stadium to a football stadium and then back every fuck week or two weeks?

you don't get it, clearly there are people pretending to be Sup Forums trying to ruin the board with mongoloid speak

the levels of ironing are to deep it seem

>bradders with the bants

BASED BRADDERS

>Except crazy japs stabbing each other at train stations
Don't forget crazy cults.

I assume they do what Spurs are planning to do with a retractable pitch. The problem with the Olympic stadium is that they can't just flick a switch and move the seats back, they have to do it manually.

West Ham also aren't footing the bill for things such as stewards, catering which is making huge losses, cleaners, operating costs of under soil heating and lighting etc.

Why do Sup Forums shitters know absolutely nothing about Japan?

>trust me fellow weebs

>that rorke reply from Bradders