Loland and Lelgium in pot A

>Loland and Lelgium in pot A
>Spain and England in pot B

Fuck this gay shit.

That's what happens when you don't loose to part time fishermen.

rigged for exciting group games

looks like it's time for England to clean Bolen's toilets now

are you implying that England is not the worst team out of these four?

Scared of England?

lmao

Yes.

If they get a decent coach, they can easily reach semi-finals.

There's a 25% chance Brasil (and Argentina) will get either Spain/England

Spain > England > Poland > Belgium
We're really, really bad

>the Poland meme

Granted we're worse than Spain and Belgium and don't deserve to be pot 1

Poland just gamed the ranking system by not playing friendlies, as even winning them can drag down your ranking points and therefore your position.

>the manager matters in international football

wtf are you talking about? England always play the same because thats what they are capable of. Terry Venables wasn't an amazing manager, Glenn Hoddle wasn't an amazing manager but England were good at that time because they had decent players who could play in a more attacking and dangerous way.

You could give this England team any manager you like and they wouldn't be able to create a chance to save their lives

>the manager mattering at all in footy

barcelona, the unarguably most successful footballing side in the past decades, just plays based on the whims of it's numero uno star player and they do pretty well too

Yea I think the manager is an overrated job in football but much more so in International. At least at club managers can train players to do different things, find new players and I guess manage personalities within the team.

At international level they see the players a few days every month and then for 2 weeks before a tournament. There is literally nothing they can do to influence the team. Don't have a creative midfielder in your talent pool? Well you can't get one then. Want to improve your centre backs positioning? Good luck with the 5 minutes you have to work with him.

>the manager doesn't matter
See Brazil with Dunga and with Tite.

>Dunga, Tite

Neither are world class managers so I don't know what point you are making other than mine?

They sucked under Dunga and are doing great under Tite.

Our team was a steaming pile of shit in 2014-15. After Tite we managed to qualify without a loss.

How is that losing ranking points?
With that formula if you play and win a friendly against the worst team in the world you get at least 150x0'85 points.

>brazil don't have a better squad now

I agree with Spain, but England is trash.

It's basically the same though

It's essentially the same squad la. Dunga was a retard and only called shit players as well.

Because it's based on an average over the year. So a team like Poland with just the 6 qualifiers considered in 2017 will most likely rank higher than a team that played 6 qualifiers and 4-6 friendlies.

Tite is better than any trash italian manager, btw which poi Italy is in?

But older and more experienced.

National squads don't stay static, they all have a period where that generation is learning, is good, peaks, and dips. Look at Spain, if you are putting it on a manager was Del Bosque good or shit? Or was it just they had a talented generation which improved peaked and dropped all while he was manager?

Switzerland is ranked 8th after playing teams like Latvia and Faroe Islands. Their only challenging match was Portugal.

>mfw trying to have an intelligent conversation with a hue

I'm English anyway

Is everybody just going to ignore Portugal who clearly don't deserve to be in pot 1 either?

Just admit you got BTFO man.

They just won the European Cup, why wouldn't they be? How does your greasy brain think they select the pots?

>deserve

I mean they are champions of the Euro zone..

your definition of intelligent conversation is saying a manager doesn't matter, i don't think you understand what intelligent really means

>american intellectuals

Then how come Belgium has managed to stay in the top ten for years by simply trashing memes?

They're the Euro champs. They definitely deserved to be there more than Belgium and Poland.

we literally haven't lost a game in years

>no counter argument
>hurr ur dumb

Cool glad you understood my points and processed them in your chimp brains, have a little treat for your hard work.

What group is USA in? Don't pay attention until the Ro16

They are going to summer camp in Toblerone & Tobasco

What about Italy and Wales in the Euro?

The point is that performance in tournaments should be a better judge of a team's quality than being unbeaten against Cyprus and Gibraltar.

They've barely lost since 2011, something like ten times in 80 or so games, and not since September 2016, so their 2017 points compared to most countries around the world will be very high.

They had a few friendlies cheekily struck off, not that it will have affected things too much.

Again I must say that national teams are generational. You can't solely use tournaments as a basis of rankings. What team A did 4 years ago might have been impressive but now they might be old and shit. You wouldn't give Uruguay and England pot 1 just because they won world cups 100 years ago would you?

No, but I still think they should go back to the old Fifa Rankings + performance in past two tournaments to choose the seeded teams.

Fucking Romania got to be a seeded team for the last Euro's qualifying and >we had no business being a seeded team in the 2014 WC after not being in one since 1998

>Poland does not deserve to be in Pot 1

What did Joao Paulo Marcos Cesar Evangelista de Morais mean by this?

Portugal has been one of the top teams in Europe since 2000s.

Look at their Euro record:
1984- Semi finals.
1996-Quarter finals
2000-Semi finals
2004- Runners up
2008- Quarter finals
2012- Semi finals
2016-Champions

Their World Cup record is okish:
1966-3rd place
1986-Group stage
2002- Group stage
2006-4th place
2010- Round of 16
2014- Group stage.

Belgium only became relevant in 2014. Poland was mediocre until 2016.

FIFA rankings only take the last 4 years in consideration, you'll want to look at ELO rankings, they take history in consideration

t. Vladimir Vladimirovski

Its amazing that even with England performing terrible in every recent major tournament people still rate them because they are a big name.

>Damage control

7-1