The Hobbit was ba-

>The Hobbit was ba-

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQe4HVdw94E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>-d

>op isn't a fa-

RULES

It's funny. I actually had heaps more enjoyment watching the making of of these 3 films than actually watching them.

>mfw the dwarf actors got so excited when they were able to stand on a practical set cos so much was green screen
The Disneyland like ride that they built for the barrol scene was great but... a shame everything became so cgi in final cut.

they really had no shame, didn't they

Stop pretending that only third Hobbit was bad. The first and the second Hobbit were also terrible, you just forgot about them. But what is worse - to be remembered as shit or to be completely forgoten?

Well from what I gather: hobbit 1 had an easy filming back in 2012 and they could prepare a lot. Hobbit 2 had an okay start but was hell rushed near end with Smaug and the end scene. Hobbit 3 was completely rushed.

Is this correct? It basically makes sense with when you watch the films in order as they start to get so bad when hobbit 3 becomes so unwatcheable.

This is correct based on the bonus material

First Hobbit was good. Only thing I didnt like was that weird big stone thing Gandalf uses to roll as orcs are killed as dwarves behind are killing so many orcs like they are pros of sword fighting.

BTFO by a elven hurricanrana!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQe4HVdw94E
Only 4 sec long, watch it

>"Nobody calls me chicken"

what's heavier?
5kg of elves or 5kg of feders?

I just wanted more comfy lotr type films, and we got these fucking monstrosities instead.

*mario jumping noises*

What did he mean by this

>fake horse
JESUS Jackson

>First Hobbit was good
Only the first 30 minutes. Then the white ork appeared and everything gone to shit. And Eagles again were dumbed down. In books they could speak, they had names, they joked around about carrying dwarfs - in movies they are just pets who do deus ex machina.

>light enough to run up the rocks
>then heavy enough to send him flying with that move

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

also my webm: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

honest question: how old are you?

Come to think of it, Peter Jackson would be the best director to make a realistic live adaption of a Mario game.

If he used the same cgi visual effects of the Hobbit, what could go wrong when making a colorful cartoon world?

22. Ok I hated the way the dwarfs were childlike and that ogre scene

I actually enjoyed the first two.

Hell, if you combined 2-3 that might be alright too

>3 Hobbit movies was a mistake

the absolute madmen

maybe because you never read a book and didn't find the whole saruman-sauron subplot to be completelly shoehorned

2 is my favorite. Dont like the Legolas barrol scene but I had most fun out of it and would give it a rewatch.

3 is by far absolute trash

There was a black lady in the theater when I saw this film and when this happened she loudly said "What the fuck"

>the sadness in his eyes
Fug guys this picture actually makes me so sad. Deep down Jackson knows he has created such a hell show and he has to finish it

got to think of it - if eagles were to be sentient in the movies, that would have killed the famous question that we all know. Because eagles could just refuse to fly to Mordor

If you watch the making of, you can see his hair slowly turning grey.

Holy shit

fuck, post the one where he slashes orcs on stairs while being held by the legs by some bird or something

>no one complained when Legolas walked on snow without leaving footprints
>b-b-ut this is bad!
>*nasally screeching* it's not how physics work in the real world!

I was the only person in my group of friends that disliked the first movie. As soon as the movie moves on from Bilbo's house, it gets insufferably boring. I still don't know why I even watched the other two.

it depends on they type of snow. Sometimes there is that icy crust after morning and it can support some light weight kids.

>Be safe behind phalanx
>Jump out ahead and get sandwiched between orcs and spears

THE DASH DON'T BE SILENT

The films suffered from the twin fold problem that one, the book itself was much more a children's book, and second that unlike the Lotr peter Jackson had a lot less time to prepare to make them as well. There are elements that are good and elements that were just stupid or blatant pandering like the whole Tauriel plot. Having said that the special features on all the films are brilliant to see.

Yeah this is bad.

well, atleast you didn't pay to watch the rest other two. Or did you?

The hobbit movies were fine. Only bad one was the third and even that was alright. The ending was nice too. Its better than any other fantasy being released today. If you watch the appendices youll see that the production was a fucking nightmare, Jackson had an ulcer or something and lost 50 pounds in the middle of it, got really sick a second time, and had to take over and start from scratch after years of work because del taco abandonned them. But all you memeing fucks will get triggered because i didnt just shit all over the hobbit over le cgi xD. So yes, I enjoyed them and so did most people.

Unfortunately, I did pay for the second one. Even saw it in the higher frame rate out of curiosity. That was definitely a mistake.

i gotchu

>doesnt understand elvish military strategies
Pleb

thanks senpai

Holy shit this is slap stick tier action.

To be fair that was in the books. But ya if hes able to do that i dont see why he wouldnt be able to jump up the rocks. It was more just the excessive over the top stuff especially in the last hobbit that i found annoying

i could understand the military stupidity if the scene was actually great but its just fucking shit.

in the first trilogy you can see legolas walking on snow while everyone else is chest deep into it. maybe he has no weight. for whatever reason.

Shit taste.
Just out of curiosity what other films would you consider to be good?

It's about execution you dumb nigger.

>slap stick tier action
Wut

>le reddit i fuken luv science retards thinks this violates physics

was that in the original cut?

No one has said that. Its just corny and lame as fuck and only brainlets would find it entertaining?

>hobbit 1 had an easy filming back in 2012
Did you see it in 3D? Because it looked like a fucking pop-up book for five year-olds.

>Couldn't even afford the green screen guys proper clothing
Jesus christ

>we are on a very tight schedule here
>film this shit
pick one

>not just holding a halberd forward
???

This.
You don't bother filming all these retarded scenes when the deadlines are catching up to you, even if they're mostly greenscreen.
Hackson has zero excuses.

Actually it makes sense. They needed material so they just filled it with mindless nonsense

this. so dum

Mortified for them

That's exactly why they threw it in, it was entirely greenscreen. Just get Orlando Bloom to wave his arms around for a bit and it's all good.

The main problem with the hobbit series isn't that it was stretched thin and full of fabrications like female Legolas or that it was full of le epic action. It's that the main character is Thorin, not Bilbo. The Hobbit book saw Bilbo as the main character who through his actions gradually becomes the leader of the party. Jackson would have fucked up LOTR too if only the one ring's destruction wasn't so central to the plot. Imagine the pitch to executives were Aragorn not part of it:

>ok so these two homoerotic child-men walk into a nasty place and destroy a ring

or

>A long lost king fights in cool battles and reclaims his throne and bangs a hot elf and restores his kingdom to its former glory

So when Jackson went to make the hobbit he tried to make Thorin an Aragorn and ended up fucking the whole thing up in a total departure from the original text that was so successful

This. If Legolas had Mario'd off like two stones, then put an arrow through the orc's head as he landed back on the bridge, I would actually call it a pretty fucking badass scene.

Thanks for the webms bros I laughed so hard I cried for about 5 minutes

lol

the masked man?

Bane?