I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease...

>I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

What did he mean by this?

based Orson knew what's up

He was just a jealous fat fuck

>I can't believe someone isn't an asshole full of themselves like me! It must be an act! MWUAAAAAA

>WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH WHY ISN'T HE AN ARROGANT ASSHOLE LIKE ME!?
>I KNOW, HIS MODESTY IS JUST AN ACT!
What a fat faggot.

>actually liking Woody Allen more than Orson fucking Welles

I didn't think it was possible to be this much of a faggot

Unironically makes me think.

He could be talking about me.

Damn, 10/10 roasted. Woody status: moded

he made citizin kane when he was 24

based

more like he called out 'nice guy' syndrome before it became widely known

jesus fucking christ orson, god forbid someone be an introvert

i'm fucking triggered because he's describing me perfectly and i'm a textbook people pleaser so knowing that my demeanor might be causing people to outright hate me makes me want to actually kill myself

>cuckold hivemind

hey, old man! show me what you've got

Nice guy syndrome is acompletely different thing.
He's just hating on self deprecating humor.

He's not describing you. Woody Allen is not an introvert AT ALL. He writes, directs, and stars in his own films, takes charge of his cast & crew, fucks his female co-stars, he's an international socialite who hops from one film festival to the next, partying with all the richest people in the world.

His modesty IS an act. Orson nailed it. Woody Allen is a guy who has everything and achieved his dreams, yet he's spent his whole life milking the "poor little old me" routine just because he's not ALSO a muscular Anglo chad.

i feel like welles misunderstood kafka on his adaptation of the trial, despite the perfect cinematography
it made me sad

Pretty sure all comedians are mentally damaged people who need validation from audiences of people to help witht their depression.

>Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant

that's pretty generous as they'd love to think that about themselves

they're just narcissists

I'm pretty sure many comedians have admitted just that

I think he just insulted the majority of Sup Forums + all of Sup Forums and /r9k/

Fuck off Woody, your movies are terrible and you're a beta male

>beta male
>fucking hot women
>being successful and respected by the people that matter (this excludes Sup Forums people)

meanwhile Orson "Alpha Male" Wells ended up begging for money and having to sell out to do stuff he hated just to survive

Love how eloquent he was, his interviews are kino.

Memes aside, how did he get away with such blantant racism?

>HJ: If [Spencer] Tracy was hateful, none of that comes across in the work.
>OW: To me it does. I hate him so. Because he's one of those bitchy Irishmen.
>HJ: One of those what?
>OW: One of those bitchy Irishmen.
>HJ: I can't believe you said that.
>OW: I'm a racist, you know. Here's the Hungarian recipe for making an omelet. First, steal two eggs. [Alexander] Korda told me that.
>HJ: But you liked Korda.
>OW: I love Hungarians to the point of sex! I almost get a hard-on when I hear a Hungarian accent, I'm so crazy about them.
>HJ: I don't understand why you're saying that about the Irish.
>OW: I know them; you don't. They hate themselves. I lived for years in Ireland. The majority of intelligent Irishmen dislike Irishmen, and they're right.
>HJ: All these groups dislike themselves. Jews dislike themselves.
>OW: Nothing like Irishmen.

>HJ: That doesn't make them right, Orson, and you know that. And I don't accept this prejudice from you. I know that you don't really have it.
>OW: I do have it. I do have it. Particularly against Irish-Americans. I much prefer Irishmen from Ireland. If I have to have an Irishman, I'll take one of those. And Irishmen in England are quite good. All the great Irish writers mostly left and went to England, except for [George William] Russell and [William Butler] Yeats. Yeats makes me shiver. But when I look at Tracy, I see that everything that's hateful about him is Irish. Everything that's mean. Every Irishman will tell you that. Seven hundred years of bitter oppression changed their character, gave them that passive meanness and cunning. All I can say is what Micheál Mac Liammóir said when we were making Othello, and I asked him, "Describe the Irish in one word." He said, "Malice." Look, I love Ireland, I love Irish literature, I love everything they do, you know. But the Irish-Americans have invented an imitation Ireland which is unspeakable. The wearin' o' the green. Oh, my God, to vomit!
>HJ: That's boring and silly, and—
>OW: No, it's to vomit. Not boring and silly. Don't argue with me. You're such a liberal! Of course there's no proof. It's the way I feel! You don't want me to feel that, but I do! I think everybody should be bigoted. I don't think you're human if you don't acknowledge some prejudice.

It's all stuff we weirdos already know

Literally me

>Legend of Theater
>Master of Radio
>God of Filmmaking
>Magician in his Spare Time

Was Orson Welles the world's greatest person?

and if I couldn't like him more, he sticks the boot into Irish-Americans

>>OW: No, it's to vomit. Not boring and silly. Don't argue with me. You're such a liberal! Of course there's no proof. It's the way I feel! You don't want me to feel that, but I do! I think everybody should be bigoted. I don't think you're human if you don't acknowledge some prejudice.

Dont know about his Irishman tirade but this is certainly true or at least makes you think.

Maybe but he's dead now so I guess it doesn't matter

bra

what a giant faggot

>it's the way I feel! please respect my stupid feelings!

What the fuck happened? He was a pretty good looking dude in Citizen Kane as young Kane.

He no shit are something like 5k calories a day every day. This was fine when he was an insane workaholic, but it caught up with him immediately when he slowed down.

>Here's the Hungarian recipe for making an omelet. First, steal two eggs.

>Of course there's no proof. It's the way I feel! You don't want me to feel that, but I do! I think everybody should be bigoted. I don't think you're human if you don't acknowledge some prejudice.
I can really relate to this guy. That's why I also hate Sup Forums for trying to justify their prejudice with "logic" or statistics, you either have it in you it or you don't. In denying their feelings, as if it were liberal quality, they also deny their humanity.

How can someone who claims to respect themselves allow themselves to become this fat?

And Citizen Kane is an incredibly insecure movie, it adds to it, but it's there. There's not a moment during it where Orwell isn't saying "look how clever I am."

Self-deprecation is certainly a large part of Irish culture, but that's generally a tell of being civilised, that you don't have to bang on your chest in the jungle all the time. It only really becomes a problem when you've other minorities who are banging on their chest at all times.

>Orwell
What did he mean by this

Orson Welles, Orwell, eh

>trying to justify their prejudice with "logic" or statistics

facts r facts m8

>Irish
>civilised
they were considered to be niggers up until 90 years ago

>And Citizen Kane is an incredibly insecure movie
expand or shut the fuck up

Every shot is saturated with technique. He knew the film would be his send-off from Hollywood, and that it would be scrutinised to hell and back.

It comes across as really insecure, his other movies don't try to impress the audience nearly as much.

Tautologies are tautologies. Facts serve to illustrate a point, but if your point is ultimately 'you should feel as I do because facts', that simply doesn't follow.

>INGMAR BERGMAN: For me (Orson Welles) is just a hoax. It's empty. It's not interesting. It's dead. Citizen Kane, which I have a copy of, is the critics' darling, always at the top of every poll taken, but I think it's a total bore. Above all, the performances are worthless. The amount of respect that movie has is absolutely unbelievable!

>JAN AGHED: What about The Magnificent Ambersons?

>INGMAR BERGMAN: Also terribly boring. And I've never liked Welles as an actor, because he's not really an actor. In Hollywood you have two categories: you talk about actors and personalities. Welles was an enormous personality, but when he plays Othello, everything goes down the drain, you see, that's when he croaks. In my eyes he's an infinitely overrated filmmaker.

You know literally nothing about the film's production (or films in general). That "technique" as you call it wasn't out of insecurity, it was because he was a first-time filmmaker working with an experienced DP who wanted to experiment and who had been heavily influenced by the German expressionists
But congrats on showing that you see anything different as inherently insecure. All you've done is projected your own insecurities onto Welles who knew very little about camera technique at the time

tldr;
>you're a fucking idiot

Based user gets it

>All you've done is projected your own insecurities onto Welles

Maybe

But you didn't refute what I said.

typical jealous eurocuck

>maker of Persona and Seventh Meme
>calling any other movie boring

I hate jews physically, I dislike this kind of person. I can hardly bear to talk to them. They have the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. Theyre arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, their arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. They act shy, but theyre not. Theyre scared. They hate themselves, and love themselves, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a race that presents itself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free itself from its hang-ups. Everything they do on the screen is therapeutic.

Wtf, I hate God's chosen people now?

>elija
>elija
>pray
>elija

bergman hated "technical" directors and made movies more inspired from the theater. if you think less of welles because of this grumpy genius fuck you are a silly goose.

It's possible to be even more of a faggot by thinking exactly like your fellow hipster turds just to fit in.

What a surprise that Ingmar ((((((((((BERGMAN)))))))))) would have such animosity to a successful non-jewish person in a kike dominated field

Bergman wasnt jewish you silly burger

>not knowing that bergman was a nazi

fuckoff I made a mistake so what, you wanna fight about it?

wtf i love ingmar bergamn now

>I only go to Sup Forums to post about le jews, look at me Sup Forums

maybe stop before you post lazy retarded Sup Forums shit just because it's fashionable now

I rather call your mom, so she takes away your phone. Don't worry I already have her number.

reminder that welles made citizen kane when he was 26.
what have you created in your short lifetime?

Thanks for the (You)'s gentlemen. Have one kindly in return.

Citizen Kane is a comedy, and it's more than slightly camp.

>fucking hot women

Have you seen his wife? She's like half his age but not exactly attractive.

He was jealous of Hitchcock and had every right to be. He undoubtedly looked up to actors like Olivier and Tracy, and imitated their work for his screen persona...which was mainly why he disliked them.

Welles is far better as Othello than as Kane, and it's a greater role -- everything he says about Woody Allen here applies to his performance as Othello!