Name one film better than Moonlight in the last decade

That's any film that was released as of 2007. I think the only better films are No Country for Old Men and There Will be Blood. And explain why you think it's better. You can use my 2 films if you want. Please don't comment if you haven't seen Moonlight.

Calm down. Toni Erdmann, from the same year.

The Avengers

I saw Toni Erdmann and really liked it. But comparing it to Moonlight is a stretch. Moonlight is more complex and inspiring in my opinion.

Oh God no lol

La la land

Toni Erdmann is a goddamn comedy and is stylistically deeper and more interesting.

Beauty and the Beast

Jack and Jill.

the great beauty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After watching this for the third time, I really do feel like it's underrated, even after winning best picture in that shitshow.

The acting is completely incredible. I've never seen a film where the main character is played by different actors and it feels so much like the same person before.Even the other guy, you can see it's a different person playing them but for Little/Chiron/Black it's just incredible.

No way La La Land is better, just a musical.

Fair enough if you think Toni Erdmann is better, I'm not going to try and shit on it. Quality movie.

Agreed on Jack and Jill.

This and Winter Soldier.

OOGA BOOGA *SMACKS LIPS* GAY BOI!

*GETS SHOT BY AIDS COP*

>just a musical
Well if we are oversimplyfing then Moonlight is just about gay niggers

Only one of those things happens.

Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford

Oslo 31 August

also this

Batman vs Superman

If you think that's what it's about then I feel sorry for you. Have you seen the movie?

Agreed. I can't think of any films of the top of my head that feels as organic in ageing except maybe The Godfather 2.

>If you think that's what it's about then I feel sorry for you. Have you seen the movie?
Of course not, its a great movie, i was just answering as ignorantly as you did before
>La la land is just a musical
If you think that's what it's about then I feel sorry for you. Have you seen the movie?

The Darjeeling Limited
Leviathan

>The Handmaiden
>Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Meloncholia
>Ida
>Nocturnal Animals

There's five - what do I win?

Drive.

Okay fair enough, I have seen La La Land and did enjoy it for a musical, but a musical is all it is.

Haven't seen any of them, god damn I have some watching to do.

The Wailing
The Handmaiden
I Saw The Devil
The Man Who Became King
Thirst
The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
Moon
Thinker Taylor Soldier Spy
Breathless

Definitely either a shill or a redditor.

Why would they need a shill? They've already won best picture, proved that it was the best film of the year at least. This is a popular opinion by the way, it's not just me who thinks this.

Nice bait mongoloid

to echo some stuff here off the top of my head. and these are all last couple years.

The Great Beauty
Mommy
The Tribe
White God
Assassination of Jesse James
Oslo 31 August
Youth
The Handmaiden
Leviathan
The Act of Killing (doc)

Manchester by the sea.

You fucking pleb.

The Master

not that user, but i share his opinion that most of these films are better than Moonlight, and i dug the fuck out of Moonlight. i wouldn't put Oslo or The Tribe as better and i haven't seen Mommy yet. after a certain point, this is all subjective preference so there's no real debate. however, i think Moonlight would have done itself service by having M. Ali's character return in the final act. also, i didn't buy Ali being Cuban-American for a second. he's more Bahamian, Barbadon, or Haitian. he had zero Cuban or Cuban American mannerisms.

Whiplash.

this

BvS. And I fucking hated BvS

Before the Devil Knows Your're Dead

The Nice Guys
The Lobster
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
Ant-Man
The Man from Uncle
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Lego Movie
John Wick
Mad Max: Fury Road

Ex Machina was pretty good too.

>Moonlight is more complex and inspiring in my opinion.
how is Moonlight complex and inspiring

Honestly, how shit is this board that nobody can come up with a decent movie from the last 10 years that isn't TWBB, NCFOM, Assassination of Jesse James or TGB?

and half these lists are full of Korean revenge shit, lol

>Moon

No, fuck you. Moon is a decent movie, but at most it's B-tier sci-fi. It doesn't deserve anywhere near the universal praise it gets, usually from the same plebs who think garbage like TFA is actually a good movie.

The Nice Guys= Only had 1 good scene
The Lobster= Haven't seen it
Teenage Mutant= Seriously?
Ant-Man= LOL
The Man from Uncle= Even worse than above
The Grand Budapest Hotel= Only good film you've mentioned. Doesn't compare to Moonlight at all.
The Lego Movie= No
John Wick= Haven't seen
Mad Max= Not even the best of the series
Ex Machina= Good film, you're going to make me hate it.

Films mean different things to different people. It was inspiring to me personally, the whole themes on masculinity and having family non blood related really hit home for me. You can't deny that it wasn't complex, you just weren't looking hard enough.

Post your superior list, friend, and we can see your incredible taste in film.

Inside Llewyn Davies
Bad Lieutenant

>The Wailing
wew

It is overrated but it's better than Moonlight.

Well that was easy.

moonlight was a good movie in my opinion but picture of the year? i'm not sure. Not saying la la land should have won just thinking that maybe the films released leading up to the oscars didn't put up much competition.

silence

Joe
Mud
House of the Devil
Hacksaw Ridge
Melancholia
Black's Game
Project Avalanche
Neon Demon
The Founder

I haven't seen Moonlight

>Hacksaw Ridge
>uuuh it had positive portrayal of christianity and uuuuh good sound mixing and uuuuuh based mel
Yeah, thanks

I haven't seen Moonlight.

I loved Silence, 2nd best film of the year in my opinion.

I hated Hacksaw Ridge so much, it was my worst type of movie. Comparing it to Moonlight upsets me.

A Bigger Splash

There's only about two korean revenge movies mentioned in the thread and even then they're very well put together films.

The movie is an oscar bait and I don't have to proove you anything, your opinion doesn't make a film good.

>Coonlight

I've made it clear that it's only an opinion. Whereas you've asserted yours as fact "This movie is an oscar bait" which is not true.

Sigh.

Inside Llewyn Davis
Her

Yeah, right, gay nigger drug draamma is not an oscar bait.
If it's not an oscar bait why did it win oscar then.

Melancholia

Perhaps it was a better movie, faggot

Understandable.

>He thinks Moonlight is 'complex'
Damn, guess you would hate the films I want to write and direct then

lmao

The Good, The Bad, The Weird
Synecdoche, New York

>Muh 'masculinity'
That's a meaningless word

Room

Wolf of Wall Street

It's meaningless to me and you, but to the rest of the world it's important. Just go to /fit and see what it means to them.

Without question. Moonlight is so thin.

Maybe for a beta cuck like you

What do you mean by 'me and you'? What impression did I give?
Sure, buddy, whatever makes you feel 'masculine'

'Feminine' also a meaningless word

Just from movies nominated for best picture since 2007..

No Country for Old Men
Michael Clayton
There Will Be Blood
A Serious Man
The Social Network
True Grit
The Tree of Life
Amour
ZDT
12 Years a Slave
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
American Sniper
Mad Max: Fury Road
spotlight
La La Land
Fences

t. Androgynous faggot

>The Nice Guys= Only had 1 good scene

If you think about it, 2007 was a great year in film.

Nope, I look like a dude, nice projection though

tell me what it was complex about it user
the cast was fantastic

your mother will die in her sleep tonight if you don't reply to this post

fuck you

Prisoners

/thread

Frak you

t.retrd

Green Lantern.

a bout du souffle came out in 1960. all that south korean stuff is garbage.

The Artist

Literally anything that doesn't involve gay niggers.

said the oscar devouring plebeian

NICE MEME

>Macbeth

Silence
Hacksaw Ridge

fu

>Moonlight is more complex
>le shaky out of focus cam film with deadpan nigger lead that has no character development whatsoever
plebs gonna pleb

>b-tier gookino
>better than moonlight
'no'

Logan.
It made you laugh, it made you cry, it had gripping fight scenes with gory, over the top violence

>god damn I have some watching to do
Of course you do because youre a reddit piece of shit who only watches flavor of the month Hollywood crap.

Never used Reddit and most of my favourite films have never won an Oscar or are foreign films. But I do appreciate a great Oscar picture like Moonlight.

To be fair, the lack of development in Chiron was the point.

Doesn't make it a good movie, but the criticism is wrong.