How come Marlo was fine with Herc working for the criminal lawyer? He kills a guy just for talking back...

How come Marlo was fine with Herc working for the criminal lawyer? He kills a guy just for talking back, but he doesnt kill an ex cop, who used to be all up in his shit, video surveilling him and stuff, and who could potentially incriminate him?

also Wire thread i guess

ya'll got no love for the Wire anymore?

Because Marlo wasn't an idiot.

worked out great for him, didnt it

Well he did end up with 10 million dollars and free.

>How come Marlo was fine with Herc working for the criminal lawyer? He kills a guy just for talking back, but he doesnt kill an ex cop, who used to be all up in his shit, video surveilling him and stuff, and who could potentially incriminate him?
He wasn't aware of all of that.

he straight up asked Herc "yo, got your camera back?"

Marlo doesnt give a crap about the money. He lost his empire. Did you not see the ending?

Because

It's

All

In

The

????

I saw the ending. I saw at the end he was free, had ten million dollars and can still fuck a nigga up who wants to step.

Marlo played the game and won. Just needs to load up New Game +

I forgot about that. I guess he was okay as long as he was working for him. They managed to get his cop connections on their side.

He wasn't free though - still haunted by that negro demon of needing to start shit with random people. Dead within a year of the ending.

because Marlo understands that Herc just does his job. Since his job is now security he's got no beef with him

Happens to men in power.

He had 10 million dollars?

Haven't watched the series in a while but was that his drug money stash or something?

he sold the contact info of "the greeks" to the rest of the niggers that were still dealing on the street for like 3mill and he had some more money saved up from the business

Police are coming down hard on his crew, so he decides to sell the contact details of his suppliers to his rivals for 10 million dollars.

He definitely had more than that anyway. He was pretty much controlling the entire crack industry in Baltimore near the end he must have been making at least a million a week.

A better question is why didn't Marlo kill Randy?

I know he says that he can't hurt them anymore but I thought a snitch would get the same penalty as someone talked back to him

but the dude was paranoid af, he killed everyone who was just seen with another policeman (like Bodie or that fat friend of Bodie)

It was heroin.

Marlo was just racist, he only killed black people.

It was not heroin.

>season 5 is canon

LMAOing @ your lifes rn

It was - not trying to argue the point, but it was heroin. Not crack.

Because at that point he was starting to learn if you vanish everyone, there's no one left to tell your story.

Marlo and his crew are becoming sloppy at the start of season 5. Even Freamon figured that out pretty early.

I stand corrected.

But he still killed Bodie for talking to a police officer

Because an ex cop still has friends in the force. Who can fuck Marlo up.

That is among the rarest phrases used at our lovely board - all good, user.

Meh, he was just looking for a reason to kill Bodie at that point. He wanted all of Barksdale's people gone but Bodie wasn't really giving him one and doing a good job on his corner.

>killing a cop

did you skip season 1?

>killing a dishonorable discharged ex cop
ftfy

the people that were talking on the street were talking about what a cool death omar had as if he was some legendary figure
they didnt even recognize marlo when he came up to them because that is how quickly he fell out of the spotlight after losing the throne.
that is what he lost

didnt he basically own all of baltimore by the end? He wasnt even convicted, so how much time exactly passed between his arrest and the ending scene?

>he doesnt kill an ex cop, who used to be all up in his shit

I'm guessing Marlo got a kick from the fact that one of his enemies is now a subordinate for his lawyer

>didnt he basically own all of baltimore by the end?
His whole crew was getting convicted and he didn't have snoop and zombie master anymore, he makes it look like he's in control when he's selling the connection to Prop Joe's people but he certainly wasn't and he wouldn't have lasted long on the street after getting out, he knew better and got out.