Is this the height of the Western genre?

Is this the height of the Western genre?

>Not Dances with Wolves

I really like that movie too user.

>masculinity-bashing film written by a feminist

Reddit: the western.

Not even comparable m80

Explain.

>implying any Costner film can possibly be good

Pic related was named after his wooden acting.

This movie really wasn't that good though.
Kind of lame.

No

Tombstone? The good the bad the ugly. Lonesome dove

Not even the best Clint Eastwood western FFS.

Assassination of Jesse Jackson by Robert Redford

This is just wrong though.

No.

>three hours of white liberal guilt

[Redditing intensifies]

kino but not as good

No, this is

Imagine a man writing a script about how women's minds work. Then imagine the screeching and triggering that follows. "You don't own my experience!" etc.

Basically, you can only like Unforgiven if you're a female supremacist.

Respect.

At least until the point where Nick fucking Cave makes his appearance, and the illusion comes crashing down ...

The height? No but it is a natural and logical progression in the western genre, going from the big sky John Ford westerns, to the deconstructed Sergio Leone itallian westerns, and then to this.

Let me put it this way: Even if unforgiven weren't a good movie (and it is a good movie) it would still be the current last word in the 50+ year conversation that is western movie conventions.

That's not to say that someone else won't say something else to take that conversation in a new direction, but as of right now, Unforgiven still has the last word.
In case I'm not being clear, Unforgiven is, among other things, a movie about movies. There's metadiscourse going on here. It's a film that is very directly aware of genre conventions, what they mean, what they *could* mean, etc.

If you think the "height of the western genre" was a film made after 1970 you are a boner fried fucking plebeian. Holy fucking shit.

You read a lot of stupid shit on Sup Forums but wow this has to be one of the dumbest things I've read all month.

Everyday I have to remind myself that some people are just irredeemably fucking retarded.

Because your empty fucking head needs refilling every day.

How's Tombstone?
Pls respond

Has Costner ever been in a good movie?

truth, but also hell or high water

it's fuckin lonesome dove

Yes.

dont mind me, just taking my oscars for a walk

the best

Whips out *harmonica*.

Hang yourself you cuckold faggot.

The Outlaw Josey Wales is western Kino. It has every single Western archetype in it.

It's definitely Eastwood's best directorial effort. His last few movies have been pretty shitty.

This is the best western and probably the best movie ever

this thread is over

Western died as genre in early to mid 70's. It has been down hill since then, with Eastwood being pretty lonely in keeping the corpse warm.

The proposition.

>"i will never drink again"
>that scene where his friend is murdered and he chugs a bottle of whisky
>mfw