Francis Ford Coppola

Why such downfall? Tetro? Twixt? Youth Without Youth, really? What happened?

>What happened?
Look up "One From The Heart"

He's become the human pleb filter.

You see when Jews in Hollywood decide they don't want to fund your films, you are stuck making shit tier indie films

Even the best director can't work with such a shit budget and worse film crew

Godfather 3 fucking happened.

Eventually you get to a point where people stop fighting against you. When that happens you lose all connection to what's good and you just make shit.

Same things happening to poor Ridley.

>no presence on Netflix
Le sigh

>Twixt
i will never get that hour and 30 min of my life back. what a piece of shit.

at least you could have a decent look at little elle fanning and fat val kilmer. whatever you like more

Apocalypse Now shattered him. Go watch Hearts of Darkness

am I the only one who thinks that The Conversation was a mediocre overrated movie?

Tetro and Twixt are good fucking movies. Tetro more so. Twixt is just a fun homage to Edgar Allen Poe. Tetro was a family epic with amazing performances by Isabel Verdu and Vince Gallo, easily as good as The Conversation and his S.E. Hinton flicks. Twixt is just a fun flick, though.

dangerous Sophia Coppola detected

>whatever you like more

you know the answer to that.

>twixt is just a fun flick

i gave it a decent chance. it was pretty bad.

he probably doesn't give a shit anymore and he's doing it solely for the tax breaks

I've watched Dracula recently and my god that was the shit. it felt so 90s yet it was so good

I really like The Cotton Club, despite the second half being messy with big jumps in the story. I wonder whether there were a lot of deleted scenes, or whether it was just never properly finished.

nah, she only has two good movies. everything after Lost in Translation has sucked balls.

come on, it was fun. it's like Francis decided to make a free association indie flick beholden to no studio or criticism, just a pulp b-movie. i dug it. plus Kilmer's impressions scene was hilarious.

Marie Antoinette was okay. Haven't watch her movies made since then, they just don't look appealing.

i couldn't get into it, but, yeah, that one wasn't bad like The Bling Ring.

not that user but I also thought the same for Marie Antoinette. Somewhere felt like a half-assed remake of LIT but without the good parts and Bling Ring was just plain shit.

He's more interested in having his own wine brand than directing and he also completely self-funds his movies now so that he's not under any studio control so he's probably never going to make anything other than small-scale indie stuff until he dies.

>FAT PIG FATHER

>Eventually you get to a point where people stop fighting against you. When that happens you lose all connection to what's good and you just make shit.

Except this isn't what happened to Coppola and you could have just googled that you dumb idiot. He didn't even want to do Godfather 3 but was effectively forced to because of his financial issues. He went totally broke after One from the Heart flopped massively. It bankrupted Zoetrope, his production company.

Saddest thing about this is that this isn't some obscure, hidden knowledge, this should be something that anyone on a board named television & film would know, but I guess it's too much to ask from you meme faggots.

not that user, but dude, you gotta make peace with the dunces on this board. the lack of knowledge on the very topic of this board is pretty astounding. then again, Sup Forums doesn't really bring itself to elevated discussion, does it, like, say, book over on /lit/?

anyways, yeah, i have a soft spot for One From the Heart. i love the soundtrack. Tom Waits is goat in my book. btw, just curious in case you know, did Coppola regain his finances from films or from his vineyard? man, even supermarkets carry Coppola wines.

>. When that happens you lose all connection to what's good and you just make shit.

Except that is exactly what happened with One from the Heart.

And then it happened again with Godfather 3.

Coppola's commitment to One from the Heart is admirable and all but you'd think the madman wouldn't have gone all-in right after Apocalypse Now which he was already convinced was going to bomb and completely ruin him. I guess maybe he was feeling invincible after he managed to pull that off.

isn't that the dream? man, i'd kill to have financial security to fund my own small films shot on my own property like Coppola did with Twixt and Jones did with Three Burials. i wonder if Coppola will ever do Megalopolis. i have the screenplay on some hard drive.

Tetro is very good. Deeply personal, beautifully directed.

on /lit/ no one reads books, their IQ is lower than here
t. /lit/ user

I really believe that the answer is 'Apocalypse Now'. The movie truly broke something inside him that never quite got fully put back together. Every movie he did after ranged from terrible to mediocre.

OK, maybe not 'Dracula', that one was "acceptable", but he wasn't firing all pistons on that one. He is incapable of doing it anymore.