40 minutes into this and I'm bored as hell

40 minutes into this and I'm bored as hell
I get why hollywood would circle jerk over it though, it has all the DUDE I'M MAKING KINO aspects, cinematography is pretty nice but nothing special, nobody actors, DUDE URBAN VISTAS, DUDE PIANO PLAYING LIGHTLY IN THE BACKGROUND, main characters went to the Ryan Gosling school of acting for autists i guess.

It insists upon itself.

>I'm bored
>DUDE
>KINO
Honestly kill yourself, life isn't worth living if you're trying this hard to fit in on an anime message board.

I'm not trying nearly as hard as this movie is and if you don't like board culture and our language i suggest you go back to /red/dit.

Never been to reddit, but judging from the fact that you made a whole new thread when there's several others up just to voice your memefilled pleb opinion so you can get your (You)s, it sounds like it's the place you. That way you can get the diggs you deserve.

Stop being a cuck. Its one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. If you didn't get moved when they played Hello Stranger you're autistic

This is my first thread about moonlight in fact i never really come to this board.

you seem really mad man, what's going on your personal life that's making you lash out at people on a anonymous image board.

film school level work, arthouse crap, bu-bu-but, my nigga.

You need to stop discussing films you child.

Maybe one day you'll learn to discuss a movie without sounding like a retarded faggot.

>This is my first thread about moonlight in fact i never really come to this board.
Not an excuse for not know how to use the catalog and making a shitty board shittier for it.

>you seem really mad man, what's going on your personal life that's making you lash out at people on a anonymous image board.
My personal life has nothing to do with my posting because I'm not on /r9k/ or /soc/ or Sup Forums.

It's a beautiful black art film

If you don't like art house you won't give a fuck, and the genre isn't exactly accessible for most

It's an art house film dude, no idea what you expected but I'd this isn't a traditional movie. It winning best picture was shocking because of this and I can honestly see it being very much disliked by a ton of people who will watch it because of the oscars since the average person wouldn't want to sit through a neorealism flick.

>if you dont like board culture and our language
>I never really come to this board
So you're a pleb and a newfag who can't keep his story straight. Good job user. Maybe you should stop by Sup Forums next and tell them how to act too.

it's a beautifully humane movie

another movie would have won best picture if trump wasn't the president though

>being this pretentious on a feet and pedophilia board

cringe

You must be a racist
The production value, casting and overall acting on all fronts was absolutely stellar.

Is it about gorillas?

pleb

>cringe
go back

chiron is literally me

>id's a le storie aboud 2 gey afrigan amerigan peoples in da hood bra
>gib ozgars pls
>yay!

The Movie

>what's a faggot?
>a bad word for gay people

wasn't this scene in the 80s? he would've said "A homo, a queer, that's what you call a gay nigga."
and what's up with the shit about accepting you're gay at the right time? A straight, drug dealing black man in THE 80s??? he would've would convinced the kid he wasn't gay, told him he ain't no faggot, told him boy booty getcha aids, lil nigga

>do you sell drugs?
>yeah
>my mama do drugs?
>yeah

right when the truly controverisal moment of the black community ruining eachother from within, the kid gets up and leaves the man to cry, bullshit

>a bad word for gay people
he didn't say that

he said "it's a word used to make gay people feel bad"

it's actually a pretty non-hollywood movie, i think we should all at least agree with that

obviously it got the awards to make liberals feel good though

>sounds like it's the place you.
>sounds like it's the place (for) you.
>for you.

Nice one, lad

Blue wasn't even from America, his mindset wasn't that of a typical black American and he was established as an outlier pretty early on.

He was a paradigm to literally everyone else including Chiron's mother who ostracized him.

>>what's a faggot?
>>a bad word for gay people
That whole scene was really powerful tbqh.

Even if i hate niggers, fags, liberal pandering etc, this was a good movie, it was nice looking good acting, besides the liberal trash there is nothing to complain about

Really made me think

3rd act was a waste.

I WANTED TO SEE SOME BUTT FUCKING

Last year after the whole 'Oscars So White' thing, they knew they had to throw negroes a bone. So they did, and giving the award to this was one of the bones.

so was Chiron a virgin by the end?

I still want to bet it only won because it's a black and gay movie, looked boring. Fences looked better

You think LLL got the most votes, but the Academy higher-ups forged the results to give Moonlight BP to make up for 'le lack of diversity?'

eh. can we just all agree hollywood, oscars, all that bull is just a load of shit already

He's basically Chiron's surrogate father. He's not going to say "YEAH BOY YOU'RE A FAGGOT GAY HOMO NIGGA", especially after teaching him to swim and everything. His tough look hides his more sensitive side, much like Chiron when he grows up to be a drug dealer.

last oscars made a huge deal about no black directors winning. everyone knew they had to make one win this time. so petty really

well I thought movies were supposed to be realisitic, because that's what should've happened

>I thought movies were supposed to be realisitic

Okay, so the producers and actors did their jobs. Still doesn't make the movie any more interesting. It's just random pieces of an un-interesting black dude's life.

he was probably gay himself you silly goofus

are you implying that woman he had living with him was a trap...?
this changes everything...

got his dick rubbed, right? that's more than me

Random?
Dude went 30+ years with his only sexual experience being a handjob on a beach, solely because of living conditions and social stigma. His own damn mother hated him.

He became a contradiction in becoming a posterboy for a culture that historically has despised his type, and those last moments between the diner and his friend's house are sad as fuck because you watch him realize this

I didn't give a fuck about this movie because it felt like social work, but it definitely has a compelling story and great production value. We're on Sup Forums though so I forgive anyone who doesn't have the empathy required to fuck with this kind of film

Then it's not you're type of movie. Don't force yourself to enjoy slow artsy movies if you don't want, go back to action movies if you just want to turn your brain off and ahve fun.

See, I thought it was good but I can't believe you people saying it's one of the greatest you've ever seen

Is this movie worth watching if you don't care about gay niggers?

fpbp

>waah waah people should post like I want them to

fuck off wanker

it's garbage oscar bait

Except the production value was the worst thing about it
"LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK DREAMY"

I watched before it got nominated knowing it would get nominated because I keep up with film. I knew about it before awards season started. I didn't like the shit at all, it's a shit attempt to make arthouse 'mainstream'