Official Sup Forums Motorsport General thread: The long wait begins V.2

Some upcoming events for the desperate:
-Asian LeMans, Rally, Formula E in Hong Kong, Snowball Derby in Florida.
Links: motorsport.com/all/schedule/
Snowball derby info: 5flagsspeedway.com/snowball-derby/

News:
> Jordan Taylor looking to participate in the Bathurst 12 hour this year.
bathurst12hour.com.au/news/taylor-targets-12-hour-seat/
>pit boxes and garages will now be allocated based on fastest qualifying times at the Roar before the 24
daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Articles/2017/11/Roar-Before-The-Rolex-24-At-Daytona-To-Feature-Qualifying-For-Pits.aspx

Next major event: Roar before the 24 - 5-7 Jan

For those of you that didn't see the supercars final, I'd HIGHLY recommend you watch that race. It's a textbook case that should be shown to all drivers of what not to do, and why it's not over until the checkered flag waves.

Race 1: Shows Whincup getting fucked up and pretty much out of the race for the championship.
Race 2: Madness throughout
Link: racing4everyone.eu/2017-v8-supercars/supercars-2017-round14-newcastle

Other urls found in this thread:

racer.com/nascar/item/146030-still-no-deal-but-also-no-urgency-for-kurt-busch
twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/936667393488834561
youtube.com/watch?v=i5P1eadFxjc
livestream.com/drivenasa/25hour
fiaformulae.com/en/championship/tv-schedule/
cricfree.sc/motor-sports-live-streaming
vimeo.com/245566535
sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/2018-imsa-silly-season-update-gt-daytona/
autoweek.com/article/imsa/confirmed-fernando-alonso-race-2018-rolex-24-hours-daytona
motorsport.com/imsa/news/stroll-alonso-daytona-24-hours-981364/
sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/bathurst-12h-entry-surpasses-55-cars/
westernadvocate.com.au/story/5091738/slade-has-bathurst-12-hour-objective-with-a-star-team/
speedcafe.com/2017/11/06/lago-lamborghini-confirmed-2018-b12hr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

covers coming on lads :/

No, Krut, no!

racer.com/nascar/item/146030-still-no-deal-but-also-no-urgency-for-kurt-busch

From the article:
>"Talked with other owners and the offers were about the same..."

So it looks like he can either take a pay cut and stick with good equipment, or get a little more cash driving shitty equipment. Seems like SHR isn't too concerned about finding another driver.

the city of Brian France right now

BASED ding dong diddly dimes Kenseth is taking over with the russo swerve brother dude

He was literally drunk or high at the awards banquet last night.

twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/936667393488834561

Mike Helton in charge of everything when

You spelled Joe Gibbs wrong.

God I hope they find Brian France dead of combined alcohol and cocaine toxicity down at Mar-a-Lago soon.
a dead prostitute in the room would be a nice touch as well

>racer.com/nascar/item/146030-still-no-deal-but-also-no-urgency-for-kurt-busch
That sounds like Kurt wants a multi year deal and SHR wants a single or two year deal to get ready for Cole Custer.

I think Kurt is in the 41 next year and the year after, then Cole is in the 41

The fuck is France doing? I have NEVER seen an "award" presented like that.

Dude must have been fucked up on something.

his speech was slurred when he spoke at the mic
he was high on coke and drunk
what an embarrassment

>his speech was slurred when he spoke at the mic
are we sure this isn't his natural state?

way worse

This.
Maybe he had a stroke and hasn't told anybody.

we must SURVIVE

>puts money in machine
>starts playing
>machine catches on fire 30 seconds later

PLEASE WATCH OUR LEAGUE

is the Snowball Derby televised or streamed?
It looks interesting

Don't know.

Hopefully somebody streams that shit.

Its on PPV and $75 for the weekend so fuck that

>wtcc and formula e already happened

Wtf

wew you are very late on wtcc.

I knew it was in Dubai or something but I was expecting it to be later today

no /turnleft/ until February. i just hope ford and chevy can find some down force. the toyota cup was kind of boring.

ill pass hue thanks though.

Did someone here like Porsche racing?
youtube.com/watch?v=i5P1eadFxjc

at least chevy reacted """quickly""", i fear for ford

PRI: Will it happen? Ford back in Indycar?

PERICAK(Director of Ford Performance): Not in the forseeable future. People always ask me about Indycar racing.....that type of racing doesn't provide us with a link back to what we do every day in designing our cars and trucks. If you look at Indycar....if you didn't have the Indianapolis 500, I think Indycar might not even exist. So if you look at the total return on your investment, from trying to develop your engineers and your technologies....Indycar racing is just not something that fits in the mold we've created here and what we're trying to do with our racing efforts....I've watched the Indy 500 since I was a child. But it's not something we'd want to put our investment in right now because we don't think the return is there.

>that type of racing doesn't provide us with a link back to what we do every day in designing our cars and trucks
this type of thought is why manufacturers need to fuck off from single seater and prototype racing

toyota will be one that will get onto Indycar

ALLGAIER LEADS

based

I doubt it, they seemed satisfied enough with their single Indy 500 win in the IRL.

He is with Paludo right?

Witch are the other options then? Hyundai?

Yep

>Witch are the other options then? Hyundai?
nobody. Every few years there are the same rumors of VW or Fiat but they're always memes for pageviews.

Thunderhill is live
livestream.com/drivenasa/25hour

>drop the fusion
>start using the Mustang
>tweak out the nose aero to make it better than Toyota or Chevy
>win

Don't know why the fuck they'd use the Ford fusion as their car of choice when the mustang is the obvious go-to choice for racing from Ford.

>gator down to P7
>3 laps down
Not looking good for team Brandt.

Nice.

Thanks.

Porsche in Interlagos is on final laps

Paludo and Justin on top 3 now

Allgaier is on car now

im hoping they are just being very stealth about it. not a ford fan. just root for the 4, want harvick to have a fast car.

What time is the next Formula E race on?

I can't find the information anywhere it's like they don't care if people watch.

If you guys need something to get hyped up for the next season of racing, Amazon has a good series about Le Mans on prime video. It's about the 2015 race.

>Formula E
fiaformulae.com/en/championship/tv-schedule/

Tried that already
>Click USA
>all the dates are for 2017

My bad.

Cricfree has it at 0145 this morning. Dunno how accurate that is though.

cricfree.sc/motor-sports-live-streaming

Thanks. Too late at night for me though, ah well.

They should bring back GT1 and have it be contested by Hypercars such as the Mercedes-Benz AMG Project One and the Aston Martin Valkyrie.

In fact, the Project One kinda reminds me of the CLK from the 90's

pretty sure ive seen this post before

That sole reply in that last thread was not enough.

It would be nice

Track qualified GT cars are already "hypercars".

no they aren't

ANyone have a VOD of the Formula E race? Want to check out the series since some WEC boys are in it.

Heard bad things though.

>turn on hightlights
>guy gets out of his car
>gets into another car
>continues to race in new car
>turn off formula E

Well, I have it an honest try.

Takuma Sato did some demo laps around the Motegi oval.
What is wrong with the track exactly?
Or was it facility related damage and neglect?

Or was it simply a desire to find an excuse not to race there at the time.

vimeo.com/245566535

The surface itself was fucked, but it's been 6 years, maybe they did something about it

Not just the surface but the structure. Like it's not falling down so you can park on it or do economy or demo runs just fine but it's completely uneven so you can't race on it without spending massive money to completely redo it. Which they won't because the only use for it would be IndyCar which can't even put together a race in Mexico let alone convince the bitchy team owners to ever leave the continent again.

He ditched mclaren for honda and is paying off, i wouldn't be surprised to see him race in indycar or imsa with them in the future

What the fuck is this race

He won't ever step into the cockpit of an Indycar.

IMSA is within the realm of possibility, but Penske passed over him in favor of others to race on his Acura DPi program.
Whatever Button races in IMSA or WEC, it's unlikely it will be a Honda fielded prototype, maybe a factory GT.

That's a good gig for him.

Why can't Mazda get into Indy, considering that they supply engines to the Road To Indy championships?

>tfw too much of a worthless poor NEET scum to watch

BASED BUTTON

SUPER GT IS SO GOOD IT CURED HIS DEPRESSION

>wec and dtm died for formula e
Why?

Emissions

Give it a few years

Today I watched the formula e race and I have to say it's not that bad, but most of it it's based on calculations and on the managment of the use of the power by the driver. It's not really skill based, and the city circuits make it worse.

it's basically F1 with batteries, ,the funny thing is that they say they are completely different from F1

It's probably not in their racing budget and they also probably prefer being in single supplier series.

>it's basically F1 with batteries
only if F1 was slower than Formula Fords

Expect that they are slower.

>What is wrong with the track exactly?
>Or was it facility related damage and neglect?

The earthquake made the oval surface and/or tunnels shift to the point the surface isn't safe to race Indycars on.

Also, Honda Japan was interested enough in Indycar then to fund the overseas sanction fee. Now, Honda Japan dumps their yen into F1 and the Indycar program is funded by Honda USA, who are unlikely to pay a sanction fee for a race in the homeland when they're already title sponsor of multiple Indycar (and IMSA) races.

Toooooo sloooooowwwww......

>It's not really skill based
Neither is F1, but that doesn't stop millions of people from watching the procession.

That's effectively what they have stated.
Mazda are content with where they are and their DPi expenditures takes up about the same budget as an Indycar Program.

F1 has been coasting on its past rep for the past 7 years or so, even longer if you're particularly jaded

goybook.com/NASCARonNBC/videos/1143035312499232/

damn tony

>leaving your child anywhere near Tony Stewart and not expecting it to pick up disgusting habits and speech.
Nope.

KWL Snowball Derby

KYLE BUSH DOES IT AGAIN

>people paid 75 bucks to watch another KWL

>sponsored by Toyota

I mean at least he's giving all those guys jobs doing what they love and not working at some shitty dealership or something.

t. mechanic

>multimillionaire with billion dollar manufacturer wins race for teens trying to get noticed in auto racing

top kek

>local teen wins race won by multimillionaires with billion dollar manufacturers
That works both ways.

Think positive, dude.

>Think positive, dude.
no

Cheatin toyoders

What's some ways to go to sleep for a couple months

I've been wrestling with that problem for a bit now and have no solution.
Off-season sucks in absolute.
There's not really any testing until January now and news is going to be fucking crawling at a snails pace.

No time for sleep. We need intel on who is going to be running the Rolex 24 and Bathurst 12 hour this year.

Rolex 24 intel:
Confirmed and speculated GTD rides and drivers entering this year.
sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/2018-imsa-silly-season-update-gt-daytona/
>Pooper MacNeil to no longer plague Merc AMG, will now plague Ferrari and crush their dreams of winning the title 2 years in a row
>Wayne Taylor racing entering lambo's in GTD this year to be crashed by Katherine Legge, along with their usual prototype cars
>F1 driver Alonso to race a Ligier JS P217 for United Autosports
autoweek.com/article/imsa/confirmed-fernando-alonso-race-2018-rolex-24-hours-daytona
>F1 driver Lance Stroll rumored to drive an Oreca 07 LMP2s fielded by Jackie Chan DC Racing.
motorsport.com/imsa/news/stroll-alonso-daytona-24-hours-981364/

Bathurst intel:
>Entries for February’s Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour have surpassed last year’s car count
sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/bathurst-12h-entry-surpasses-55-cars/
These guys will be running a pro/am team in a Mclaren.
>Tim Slade has Bathurst 12 Hour Objective with a star team
westernadvocate.com.au/story/5091738/slade-has-bathurst-12-hour-objective-with-a-star-team/
Another pro/am team in a Lambo
>Roger Lago, Steve Owen, and David Russell will team up for a second straight Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour
speedcafe.com/2017/11/06/lago-lamborghini-confirmed-2018-b12hr/

I want to see some g'damn Muricans' running Bathurst. WTF!

Legge is pretty good, just has a bad rep

Is this guy a weeb?