Ambitious

>ambitious
>smart
>has good friends
>great with the ladies
>suit and tie but knows how to party
>only guy he fucks is the most evil man in the city, if not the world
>throws great company parties for his employees

Can anyone tell me why Bob Morton is considered one of the villains of this movie? He’s an aspiration character for all of us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oM_pv0gqCIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dk4P0ae1i6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

op, you missed
>no sticky when he died.

onb4 OooOooOOO peter o' toole

Well, he had Murphy transferred to the black part of town because he knew he'd be killed quickly and he could use his body. Murphy could have said no though. Also Bob Morton did it for the right reasons, to racially cleanse the ghetto and make Detroit great again.

>aspiration character
>tolerates "ladies"

But did he make a mistake?

>no respect for his elders

Fucking millenials.

he was a psychopath and didn't shed a tear for Kinney, OP, and sure he took on Dick Jones but he would have become the next Dick Jones if he had won. He was the poster-boy of 80's pricks.

That's life in the big city.

He wasn't a villain, he was just a douchey side character who resembled the typical corporate yuppie. The villains were Dick Jones and Clarence.

>ambitious
>smart
>has good friends
>great with the ladies
>suit and tie but knows how to party
>only guy he fucks is the most evil man in the building, if not the world
>throws great company parties for his employees

Can anyone tell me why Harry Ellis is considered one of the villains of this movie? He’s an aspiration character for all of us.

He was a Dick Jones in the making, but with the mentality of actually making good products, instead of Dick's mentality of planned obsolescence and planned product failure with repair contracts.

Bob, for better or for worse, actually made a good fucking product, because Robocop was nothing short of genius work, judging from how they were never able to truly replicate his success.

>Can anyone tell me why Bob Morton is considered one of the villains of this movie? He’s an aspiration character for all of us.

Well, he's certainly pretty amoral. I consider him kind of a grey character.

The script writers just intended for him to be a simple secondary villain. However, Miguel Ferrer is really charismatic and made you want to root for him. Specifically the scene where he acts like a father for Robo saying "come on", they realized that people were gonna like this guy.

he looks like a kike

people love underdogs. I think Miguel mentioned this somewhere. People love to root for the underdog. And Bob is most definitely an underdog. a small time corporate cog who steps over his boss on his way to success and ends up paying for it.

he's an amoral ass, but you feel kind of bad for him when he gets taken out like a chump, because you've learned to hate Boddicker, and that Dick is a dick.

>He was a Dick Jones in the making, but with the mentality of actually making good products, instead of Dick's mentality of planned obsolescence and planned product failure with repair contracts.

I wonder if Bob had lived, if he could have turned out to be a great villain later on. See, I bet Dick was just like Bob at some point. Ambitious, and made great products. But later on, Dick became corrupt. He focused more on making money than making a great product. It allowed his projects to become disorganized and bogged down. Bob is only focused on making a great product. If he rose in the ranks would have followed the same path as Dick?

Once you're at the top of the corporate ladder, especially in a corporation like that which offers diverse services and doesn't just rely on one product, there is nothing else to do than make sure the quarterly profits keep rising no matter what. If people need to be killed, so be it. If entire sections of the city need to be razed, so be it.
That's the only thing that allows him to keep his position. If earning targets are not met he's gone.

I liked Robocop 2. But the character that always bugged me most was the Old Man. in the original, he was portrayed as this Reaganesque "old school" figure who, in Dick's words, "means well" (whatever that means). but he has sort of an old-school businessman feel to him. smiles and open ears, and just a pure businessman through and through. he's not evil, just a businessman.

in 2 he's just a flat, generic cartoon corporate villain

In the original Murphy is Jesus, Dick is Satan and the old man is God.

Tht's because 2 has totally different writers and director. They liken it to 1 they never quite cross the line of absurd. Comic book but some grounding.

In 2 they constantly cross it. It's a really goofy movie. And 3 is WAY worse for goofy.

>In the original Murphy is Jesus, Dick is Satan and the old man is God.

This makes too much sense.

what does that make Bob? Virgin Mary?

I don't think he's an outright villain. His death was certainly not funny or "karmic".

He's like the Old Man, both were assholes but not evil, like Dick Jones.

well 2 was written (the initial version of the script anyway) by Frank Miller. Who also wrote Robocop vs Terminator.

He cameo'd as the lab guy making the drugs.

Honestly 2 had some really good ideas. I liked the whole subplot about how OCp reprogrammed him to be family friendly and please the parent groups.

youtube.com/watch?v=oM_pv0gqCIQ

youtube.com/watch?v=dk4P0ae1i6I

and the idea that once he fried himself, he had no directives left, but because he was such a dedicated cop, he never needed them in the first place, and kept being just as good a cop without them as with them

>He was a Dick Jones in the making, but with the mentality of actually making good products, instead of Dick's mentality of planned obsolescence and planned product failure with repair contracts.
Robocop is a nice PR project, but he doesn't make OCP any money. ED-209s would have made OCP bank.

>Bob, for better or for worse, actually made a good fucking product, because Robocop was nothing short of genius work, judging from how they were never able to truly replicate his success.
If they can't replicate him, then it's a failed project for the company.

>Robocop is a nice PR project, but he doesn't make OCP any money. ED-209s would have made OCP bank.

Well it serves the need for pacifying Old Detroit so that they can rebuild it.

This, that was the real goal. ED-209 was a piece of shit

I work for Dick Jones...DICK JONES!