Just started watching this and I'm still in the opening scene, and I had to pause to ask you guys some questions

Just started watching this and I'm still in the opening scene, and I had to pause to ask you guys some questions.

1. Would a woman like Emily Blunt ever run point on an FBI Swat team?
2. How could they not smell the rotting bodies in the walls if the smell was so bad it made them vomit when they pulled off the drywall? I mean, it's just drywall...
3. Would local PD be allowed to just search shit in an FBI crime scene where they've discovered at least 35+ bodies in the walls of a random house in Arizona? [/spoilers]

Just wondering.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_San_Fernando_massacre
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

#1 makes sense in the context of her character. I don't know or care about the other two.

2. Plastic bags

fucking useless worthless faggot. fuck you

>ywn have a cute FBI gf dominate you in bed

This movie has a lot of failings, just don't think too much

>all those closeup shots of the dead bloody faces with ominous music
Villeneuve has no concept of subtlety

1. Apparently, even FBI has token women, even in field units.
2. Magic of cinema.
3. It was a joint operation.

Cop here

1. Yes. No reason why not if she was experienced enough. However in the context of the movie probably not.

2. They discovered the bodies almost immediately

3. absolutely fucking not

1. If she was good enough, maybe. I'm only aware of one woman who got into the competition for a spot on the HRT. No idea if she made it.
2. True, but less dramatic.
3. Not a cop. Couldn't say.

So is chewing gum alpha or not?

2: drywall was sealed and no air could come out of it including the smell.

Chewing gum if you want to chew gum or not chewing it if you don't want to is alpha. You're completely missing the point cunt. Until you get the point, you'll never get it.

The better question is, would the CIA actually act so underhandedly in real life?

What? Could you answer the questions please?

>just don't think too much
Why?

Okay. I'm now through to the scene where they board the plane and I have some more questions for you guys:

1. Did you guys notice how Villeneuve shot the part where she walked into the office with all the men and the camera kinda zoomed in on all of them looking at her and it was like, to the audience, this is what it FEELS like to be a woman walking into a male dominated field?
2. Do you guys think that, if she had a family and kids, [/spoilers] she would have been picked?
3. Do D.O.D. guys really just get to fly around in private planes and stuff?

Again, sorry to bother some of you. Just wondering.

yes

Yes lol. They fucking destabilized Syria and Libya.

heh

o k

Watch The Good Shepherd

Watch the fucking movie first instead of posting on Sup Forums you ADHD mess.

i watched that it was boring

You're fired

Cop again

1. Yup, it was well done. Although pretty much all the women I've known in law enforcement adopt the bad traits of the men at least 2x
2.Nope. they went into this.
3. Yes. You have no idea.

another cop here.

1. yes.
2. it's plausible
3. this can happen

RCMP here. The smell of a decomposing body is very distinct, but in the movie I believe they were also wrapped, and the storage if them in the walls (out of sunlight, dry area) would slow decomposition considerably, though the house was littered with them you would be able to smell it right away.

Also, local PD can assist with the crime scene, the chain of evidence would just be run through the fbi. One thing in policing that is always welcome is manpower.

you can't fire me i quit

Holy shit I always thought Sup Forums being a honeypot was just a myth but look at all the 'cops' itt

No fucking way any PD gets involved with crime scene. No road cop is gonna get stuck on that shit. I could see if it was part of securing the scene and they tripped the booby trap but SWAT was just getting done they wouldn't be there.

Fun fact. Former marinefag here reservist

I've been to Luke Air Force Base more times than I can count. Been in and out of every single gate that place has. That was definitely not Luke in the movie.

Hey NEETs aren't the only people looking for entertainment at 3 AM

Okay, about 10 more minutes in.

1. Why don't CIA people ever just be honest with people that they're CIA when they ask them if they're CIA? A little honesty might help them with their image problem, you know?
2. If my friends and I got 5 black Chevy Tahoe's and drove them real close together in sync in a line, do you think we could just drive through the border checkpoints with no problems?
3. Don't you think it's a bit insensitive to call Juarez "The Beast"? I mean, surely there are some honest people there who really wouldn't appreciate their home being portrayed that way. We even see some of them out playing handball and stuff as lik 15 Federali trucks and CIA/DOD Tahoe's drive by and everybody just ignores it like it's normal.

It's a movie.

>3 AM
Do you live in Greenland?

1. It's a psychological thing, I'm willing to bet.
2. No. I'm sure the border knew who they were and that there was a handoff going down
3. No. Juarez is a shithole.

What was supposed to ACTUALLY happen in that first torture scene?

Spoilers-ish (not that the scene matters AT ALL to the plot except to move them from Point A to Point B): They make it seem like they're going to do some sort of chinese water drinking torture, but instead he just gets raped in the mouth out of frame?

Also the entire premise of the CIA needing any sort of cop attached to them was totally absurd.

I know you are just joking but if you are genuinely interested, I recommend reading "The Way of the Knife: The CIA, a Secret Army, and a War at the Ends of the Earth" by Mark Mazzetti

Local PD can help secure the scene and depending on the level of training and willingness of who controls the scene they can assist in any duties they are assigned.

I've had actual crime scene investigators eat evidence, I'm sure local PD, trying their best not to fuck up, can manage to do better than that.

Hypothetical m8

Brazil?

Cop answers again

1. They literally aren't allowed. Like ever. Look at the employment application.

2.good luck with that

3. Wat

It definitely sounds like they straight up rape him. But I looked it up once and somebody on some forum said a form of torture is to fill them up with water, and then beat the shit out of them until they puke it up, and then make them drink until their full again. Keep doing that and I guess its really brutal stuff.

HOWEVER, thats not the vibe the scene gives off.

Okay. Just watched like 3 seconds after my last post and there were 4 dead women hanging from an overpass.

I have to ask, why do Mexican Cartels kill people? Not only that, but kill them so violently? I mean, think about it. If they were smart businessmen, they'd want as many people as possible to use and buy their product, right? I mean, a man's only as good as his bond. A businessman needs to have a good reputation in order to get repeat customers.

The balls in face thing is just to show that Benicio is not fucking around.
The americans like to talk and posture and maybe flex a muscles but to some cartel guy that's nothing. But once Benicio enters the room the cartel guy knows he's proper fucked and one the crotch goes in his face he knows he's not there just to sit on the side while americans give him options.

do you spit when you talk?

>Hostage situation
>Road cops clearing a shed as SWAT walks out

Nope

>Mexican Cartels kill people? Not only that, but kill them so violently?

They kill rival gang members, collaborators, witnesses to crimes; they don't do that to random people or customers, though innocents get killed in shootouts due to crossfire

They kill them so violently because
1) it's a kind of brinksmanship where they're trying to one-up each other to fuck with the heads of the other guys

2) they're death worshiping mexican cultists who fetishize death and dismemberment

3) people get addicted to performing torture and others acts of cruelty

As mentioned in 2000 Godzilla. Chewing gum makes you more American

Right I understood that, I also understood that the guy was raped out of the frame

I didn't understand the preceding moments where the guy is made to drink a whole bottle of water, then a giant container of water is introduced in a threatening way, and then there's no water-related payoff, just implied mouth rape

Just seems like the scene was probably written one way, then got edited / re-shot later for ratings reasons or something of that nature

it didn't get the feel of texas or mexico right

shit movie

Close enough.South Florida.

this movie was so boring i stopped payign attention half way through and just closed it

I was baited into watching this trash by Sup Forums.

I literally can't find a movie that i care less about the characters than this one.

>it didn't get the feel of texas or mexico right
>mexico

That's what a lot of the border cities are like. South of the border Mexico is pretty cool. Juarez? Nogales? Laredo? Shit holes.

1.they're going to water board him

2.the CIA can't operate on american soil without domestic agencies attatched

just watch the film you fucking autist

>10 more minutes in
watch the rest of the film before posting

i cant believe this board, absolute TRASH

>i cant believe this board

You clearly haven't been here long.

>1.they're going to water board him

But they didn't? Did YOU even watch the movie? They raped him

>2.the CIA can't operate on american soil without domestic agencies attatched

Are you fucking retarded? The CIA is accountable to NO ONE, their budget is UNKNOWN, everything they do is TOP SECRET.

You're fucking RETARDED if you think the CIA follows any rules other than "don't kill (white) American citizens", that's fucking it.

Watch the fucking movie reeee

1. this movie was shit
2. this movie was shit
3. this movie was shit

1.did you see them rape him?

2.this is explained in the film

stop replying and go back to huffing paint

>this entire thread
>Sup Forums hates sicario now

wtf happened?

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

Yes the grass is greener in US than Mexico, stay out.

STOP PAUSING YOU UTTER DIPSHIT

>PLEBS WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT SICARIO WAS LIKE IN THEATERS

ONE OF THE BEST FILM EXPERIENCES OF THE DECADE

>tfw no kate gf

Well technically the war on terror and the occupation of Iraq destabilized Syria and Libya. cia wasn't the biggst guy

i bet she does stuff, in the bedroom, if you know what i mean *wink wink*

Dumb Nazi frog poster

I thought that was 1998

>when you see it
;_;

How far into the movie are you now op?

post rare blunts

1. 23 minutes
2. Had to pause and jerk off into my sisters sweaty gym sox

As other people have said the water is used as a torture tactic.

Basically you force the person to drink as much water as possible. Don't let them spit any out. After a while you feel like your fucking lungs and stomach are going to explode. It's really painful. Really.

Try it for yourself. Go to the kitchen and fill up 10 glasses of water. Now try to drink them all. You'll likely stop at the 2nd or 3rd because it hurts.

Now force yourself to drink the remaining 7. Then get somebody to beat you with a length of rubber hose.

What did Op mean by this.

>has never seen Dr. Strangelove

get out

op is a stupid poopoohead

The point is that they smelled horrible when the drywall was taken down so they should have smelled even with it up.

firearms discharge has a pretty strong smell

maybe they were too distracted

pretty shit fascimile tbphwyf. looks more like jennifer garner

>Just started watching this and I'm still in the opening scene, and I had to pause to ask you guys some questions.
Lol. Do people actually do this?

dumbass they shot holes int he walls so the smells start leaking through itls like youve never watched a movie be fore

>the women I've known in law enforcement adopt the bad traits of the men at least 2x
what do you mean by this?

dumb rlmedditor

> they don't do that to random people
wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_San_Fernando_massacre

>cia wasn't the biggst guy
confirmed for sheltered
not to be mean but the extent to which the CIA is responsible for co-ordinating rebellion efforts between the various anti-regime forces in Lib and Syr is fucking mind-blowing

for you

>this entire thread

>2.
Never been close to a spics dwelling?

1) easily
2) drywall actually has anti bacterial properties it also reduces moisture
3) why not they are called for help all the time

When you know that op is a shitty kid

>doesn't know the CIA just wants to watch the world burn
Oh boy