Red pill me on Otani, is he the next big thing? Where will he end up?

Red pill me on Otani, is he the next big thing? Where will he end up?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.livedoor.jp/nanj_bom/archives/49425982.html
blog.livedoor.jp/aikidomori/otani.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

in your mom

does he have any jav scenes

another meme jap...just like daisuke matsuzaka and his "8" pitches...the Asian Sidd Finch or Steve Nebraska

he's cute

Better pitcher than he is a hitter. Has a lot of power though. I hear it that his comparable is to Jacob deGrom

Yankees

Player that had really good in the Japanese League in hitting and pitching. Sources saying he wants to join a team that doesn't have a Japanese star and one that isn't a large market team. But will probably land with the Yankees because it's the Yankees.

He already said he doesn't want to be on a team with other Japanese players.

>one that isn't a large market team.
He said he didn't say he didn't want to go to a big market. Just that he didn't mind if he did go to a small market.

I think he's going to bust or be extremely mediocre.

Sounds like he'll be a perfect fit for my mariners

Next Babe Ruth
Yankees

>gives up 200M to play in the majors now
>doesn't want to go to a team with an established japanese star in the past or present
>says he'll measure his career by the amount of applause he'll get when he retires

Honestly seems like a head case. A holier than thou attitude that he tries to pass off as humility and a love of the game. He needs people to love and worship him. I guess when you have so much talent it gets to your head.

and he apparently prefers a small market rebuilding team where he can be "the guy." Who knows if all of these reports are actually true though.

Sounds like he'd be perfect for Atlanta.

Detroit it is then

the recent reports give me slight hope he won't go the yankees. If he was a regular free agent I would've just said his agent is making this shit up to get the yanks and dodgers to pay more but that's not possible here I think

I think he'll be a great pitcher but a mediocre hitter. Batting in particular is night and day between the US and Japan. Japan's all-time batting average leader is Randy Bass, an American who was a benchwarmer in MLB for years before going to Japan.

He's just obsessed with baseball and the idea of being the best at baseball.

>lives in a team dorm and spends only a few thousand dollars per month despite having millions
>refuses to even go with teammates/friends to bars because of the presence of alcohol
>has a detailed "life plan" that outlines when he's going to win the World Series, break [insert record here], win 20+ games in a season, and even when he's going to start to decline

The guy is a head case, but not a Terell Owens/Johnny Manziel headcase. More like a Kobe Bryant/Ichiro head case where he's autistically focused on his sport.

Toronto is where he's gonna go bust, cap this

Fuck you cynic

He watched anime or read manga "Major" and decided to top main character, because Shigeno Goro wasn't hitting in the Majors, despite being good at it in schools leagues.

I want Ohtani to be a sub 2.80 pitcher and a .290+ hitter with 35+ home runs. Think I will be close?

>doesn't want to go to a team with an established japanese star in the past or present
MARINERS BTFO

He's going to BUST

I'm guessing he will only consider national league teams because he probably want's to hit.

inb4 ohtani autistically ignores his childhood friend who wants to be his gf

/Jays/ time

>has a detailed "life plan" that outlines when he's going to win the World Series, break [insert record here], win 20+ games in a season, and even when he's going to start to decline

To elaborate on this, he made this list in his freshman year of high school.

blog.livedoor.jp/nanj_bom/archives/49425982.html

>age 18: join a MLB team
>age 19: learn English and reach the minor leagues
>age 20: join the major leagues
>age 21: starter, 16 wins
>age 22: cy young winner
>age 23: make the Japanese national team
>age 24: no-hitter, 25 wins
>age 25: throw a 108mph pitch
>age 26: win the world series, get married
>age 27: Win MVP
>age 28: First son born
>age 29: 2nd no-hitter
>age 30: Most wins by a Japanese pitcher in a season
>age 31: first daughter born
>age 32: second WS win
>age 33: second son is born
>age 34: 3rd world series
>age 35: something about the WBC
>age 36: something about a strikeout record
>age 38: Stats start to decline sharply, consider retirement
>age 40: retire

Also, this is his "goal matrix". I have no idea what that is, must be some kind of Japanese thing.

blog.livedoor.jp/aikidomori/otani.pdf

>23
>hasn't won a cy young yet
he failed

this, he is buddies with Kawasaki who is totally based and knows what its like to be Canadas top meme

i guess he can rest easy if he has a daughter at age 28 then

Why he cucked himself into NPL?

he is the real Goro

>this, he is buddies with Kawasaki
If, we're talking about buddies, he has connections in San Diego.

>Seiichiro Nakagaki, one of Ohtani's old coaches, works for the Padres
>Hideo Nomo works for the Padres
>Takashi Saito works for the Padres

And of course, San Diego is the home of the US Navy's Pacific Fleet. Basically a modern-day version of Pearl Harbor. How could any Japanese man resist such a tempting target?

A Japanese team, Hokkaido, offered him a huge contract when he was 18, and they also promised him that he could leave for America whenever he wanted. So he decided to wait a few years before coming to MLB.

Japanese pitchers are the worst memesters.
Even Tanaka who looked the real deal when he was in Japan, had a good season before he got figured out and became shit.
Now Otani looks far different than a traditional japanese pitcher like Maeda or Tanaka, he is more like Darvish and he was really good before exploding, that might be the key.

Now he is an okay batter in Japan, nothing great so he'll probably be shit but rather good for a pitcher so he'd be great in the NL.

He had a higher OPS last season than ichiro ever did

Most Japanese want Otani not to go Mariners.
Japanese have a meme "ăȘおマ"(nao ma) nao=but ma=mariners
This means "But Mariners lost"
Everyday heard the news "Ichiro got a hit, But Mariners lost."

Doesn't matter. The Empire is hard to turn down

A lot of players would rather not play in new york or boston

he's adorable and look -- he already has pinstripes!

the Yanks will overpay for him and he will underachieve.

>A lot of players would rather not play in new york or boston
Like who? Do you honestly think Trout or Stanton don't wish they played for the Yankees or Red Sox?

>the Yanks will overpay for him
That's literally impossible. The weirdness of MLB law means that Ohtani can earn, at most, 3 million and at least 300 thousand. He is already turning down 10 million from Hokkaido to come to the US, I think it's safe to say money doesn't matter. That's what makes the whole offseason with Ohtani so interesting. Money is not a factor at all, all that matters is who can give Ohtani what he wants (pitching+hitting) while simultaneously offering him a chance to win the WS.

If he cared about cash, he could stay in Japan and take a $100 million+ deal. He's leaving that all on the table so he can try his luck in Major League Baseball.

>overpay
>3.5 million

Stanton is precisely one of those players that does not want to play in new york or boston, yes.

The ny and boston media are notorious and some players would rather not deal with it.

Want him to succeed, I have no idea where he will end up though.

I hope he succeeds and does well. It's very rare to see a athlete in America nowadays who doesn't care about the money. Otani will be a refreshing change to American sports.

He's so fucking hot. I wouldn't mind if he fucked 100 white girls

t. Pajeet

I hope he fails spectacularly and no team goes after a japanese meme ever again

Japan isn't a meme though, they've proven they can produce players. Teams will still go after Japenese players because they don't want to miss out on the next Ichiro.

>120M people with baseball as the top sport and they've produced about as many good players as curacao
>not a meme

Matsui and Ichiro did ok

Everyone knows Asians are the least athletic race but a fair few Japanese have had success over here. With Ichiro proving Japanese players can be hall of famers teams will continue to sign them.

This, we will never see another nip like Ichiro.

This. Oht/a/ni is top cute!

>Matsui
he was overrated as fuck