When did the Alien franchise jump the shark?

When did the Alien franchise jump the shark?

When they put the Alien in Predator

Resurrection killed it. Alien 3 was weak but still felt like part of the same series. The fourth film was a comedy pastiche of the alien films. Fucking French directors.

Right after the first one.

started with WHEAT

Can't wait for the new WHEATED video. Finally that Predator takes it all.

I was hoping that the aliens were an ancient super advanced race of creature that created the engineers and that the engineers were trying to reverse engineer them so that it could turn out that they were trying to meet their creators, and then when a precursor Zeno showed up it'd try to violently ressurect its creator and the cycle would go ever onward

But no it's le bio weapon

Does anyone else think this white dude looks like Woody Harrelson?

Why aren't studios able to come up with original ideas any more? Do we really need more Terminator/alien/predator/pirates of the Caribbean?

To built weapon ayylmaos, you need engineer. The race is called engineer
To built reverse ayylmao you need reverse engineer.
Promethius has engineer not reverse engineer
Faggot

Can't unsee.

Studios can't let once decent franchises die with dignity anymore.

Even Danny Boyle, the guy who famously doesn't do sequels, has done Trainspotting 2 (though I hear it's good).

pretty much this, but I actually like Alien 3 directors cut/assembly cut or whatever you call it. Imo still a very good movie that got destroyed but retarded studio decisions.

Alien 4 was just another action trash movie.

This is a worse idea than anything from any of the films. kill yourself faggot.

I know it's not canon but if you've ever played the first Aliens vs. Predator game, there's a part where you play as the Alien and in the Hive are Alien-created hieroglyphs.

The first time you see an "engineer"

So 1979

What makes me hate resurrection the most is it was the first alien film I got to see at the cinema so I was hyped to fuck. What a disappointment.

>The first time you see an "engineer"

I'm still holding out that they redeem themselves by making the Space Jockey and Engineers two totally seperate things.

Perhaps the latter is actually the product of earlier human interaction with the former.

I want the SJ to be a millions of years old dead civilisation again.

I find it funny how the planet and setting in Alien 3 was suppose to be somekind of strange ass wood planet/Space monastery filled with Space monks going through most of the same shit Ripley did in the prison. But they dropped it out of how retarded it was but for some reason kept the prisoners having strange religious rituals and shit like the monks were suppose to.

Alien 4 was a very weak movie. It had anything I sincerely hate: Aspects of comedy, shallow acting, story and the like. Granted, it was the beginning of the end of the franchise.

Anything AVP was horrible. There is no need go into further details with these.

Predator 3: utter crap.

Anything beyond these, well, it didn't made me angry any more, because I just was not involved emotionally any longer.

For me canon is Alien 1 - 3 plus the Colonial Marines Technial Manual.

>ancient super advanced race of creature that created the engineers
>is a fucking drooling space insect with am instinct to kill every thing that moves almost no intelligence, no ability to speak or think creatively and no technology
Thats retarded

Aliens, when they tried to make it into a shitty action movie

Have you actually watched the film or just played the video games?

Terrible opinion

>Engineers are basically Great Race of Yith
>minus them losing a war to flying mold with eyes so that their Shoggoth (Xeno) creations don't go haywire

Shoggoths were made by the Elder Things, though.

Your mum is basically great race of yith

oh yeah, I mix up the crab-people with the space-time cops

It gives me hope for the future of Lovecraft's Man.
If he works very hard and pulls himself up by his bootstraps, he too can be killed be his own hubris rather than the cold uncaring void.

G R E A T F I L T E R

Read "A colder war" by Charles Stross, it's pretty amazing.

When James cameron turned a sci-fi horror thriller into rambo in space

A good Rambo in space.

Somebody please explain this stupid meme.

newfag

it's just retarded shit spouted by reddit since the latest alien trailer. It's fucking garbage.

yeah you must be an oldfag to know a meme thats a week old, faggot.

>no technology
>built an interstellar spaceship
your dum

This is retarted, and defeats the purpose of the Alien even before Prometheus came out. They were always just a beast, an apex predator built to hunt

they weren't different races. in Prometheus they pulled a space jockey mask off an engineer, and the engineer sat in the classic jockey seat when he started up the space horse shoe

when did a xeno ever build a ship? or when was it ever implied they had?

never, that's when. all they do is hunt and kill

why were they so little?

>tfw unironically enjoyed Prometheus

>unironically
just say you liked it faggot

Same tbqh. The people that say it was confusing are retarded tbqh

Alien Queen. I fucking hated that.

>Alien
>Directed by Ridley Scott

Aliens
>Directed by James Cameron

Alien 3
>Directed by David Fincher

Alien Resurrection
>Directed by some French hack
What went so wrong

Aliens. Ripley fighting The Queen at the end was right out of an anime.

>Trailer comes out
>some guy makes a thread about the wheat scene
>thread ends up becoming a huge meme thread full of wheat
>Redditors who dont know when to let something fun just be fun decide to spam the boards with shittier and shitter wheat memes

Its really nothing new. Just look at segalposting or taxposting. Shit blows up, gets spammed, and then dies off into obscurity. But the thing is, shit like this doesnt end soon enough. There are retards who still think taxposting is funny.

When they made a movie with a Mary Sue called Ripley so they could further the liberal commie muslims agenda

It wasn't confusing, it was just shit.