What do you think about China's One Belt, One Road initiative?

What do you think about China's One Belt, One Road initiative?

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/state/data/va.html
livemint.com/Politics/KsrtrIZ5ns3stDQkrnlQlJ/India-likely-to-be-6-trillion-economy-in-10-years-Morgan-S.html
usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2017-07-10/indian-economy-to-soar-as-chinas-sags-and-americas-slogs-along
imf.org/en/News/Articles/2017/02/21/NA022217-For-India-strong-growth-persists-despite-new-challenges
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_resources_of_India
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More infrastructure that they are paying for helps everyone. it's always a benefit when countries trade with each other. I hope it pays off for everyone.

I doubt the countries the project will pass through will remain stable in the next few decades. It is a geopolitical gamble and a show of dominance more than a viable project I think.

>global infastructure
>only includes Euroasia

China please

This one is much nicer

If there were a one way train ride for this it would be extremely awesome.

It will cuck the east coast since they mostly trade with Canada and Europe.

West Coast will continue trading with based pacific nations

Weren't you about to BUILD a WALL and get out of NAFTA while slagging off China via the mouth of that strange orange man?

>It will cuck the east coast since they mostly trade with Canada and Europe.

census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/state/data/va.html

Trump is dumb, also that was a Russian who made that plan, (before Ukraine)

>literally no wars in central asia for the last 80 years
>ruled by extremely stable regimes
>le not stable in the future

Shitholes in South Asia/ASEAN, yes. Kazakstan? Turkmenistan? Extremely stable to a fault.

>>literally no wars in central asia for the last 80 years

those digits are awesome

also is this how China becomes the #1 global superpower!??!

sure thing burger

I'll never understand how these graphs claim America isn't sustainable, but fucking Canada/Australia/Germany/Portugal are.

fuck china

China will never become #1 global superpower, at least by the time it reaches such momentum, other major players would show up, like India and not to mention rising militarized Japan and other growing large economies. We are heading towards a multi-polar power distribution with some having larger influence than others, but not supreme influence like the US had in the past decades.

Isn't it easier to just move shit by boat at that point? Big cargo ships and planes might be expensive to buy and operate, but at least you don't need several tens of thousand of kilometers of road/rail to build and maintain non stop

That's only one state and the majority of exports go to Canada and Europe. Add it up.

It was supposed to improve relations with U.S./Russia by having a connection

Like I said it was before Ukraine

Why is it hard to understand? You have a growing divisive politics, always involved in some sort of military operation, and personal and press freedoms™ are in decline.

Almost, but not quite, meaningless. Regional conflicts and unaligned interests, lack of a free trade regime between all the countries, etc.

>moar african AIDS highways
>moar minorities that has to move because the engineers a shit
>constant expansion of the chinese sphere of interest, also propping up Russia - the sick man of Europe
>silk road
>totally not a meme that used to be something
The rest of this century will be interesting. When EU gets it shit together it will be a great game for Africa.

The lack of self-awareness on your part is astounding.

Where did I claim us to be a personal freedom heaven? We are a quasi dictatorship that's only quasi due to EU pressure on PA.

Also, the totally harsh climate of Russia, Alaska and Canada. The only humane climates are Poland and westwards and south of the US-Canadian border.

There's also the fact that a lot of russian roads only exists on the map. So there will be plenty of support roads that has to be supported and so on...

Except there have not.

Name the last war in Central Asia.

Afghanistan is officially South Asia according to the UN, by the way.

This is a bullshit map. North Korea is extremely stable. It's been the same government for 75 years now. That's better than every nation in Africa/Latin America.
>USA
>green
Bullshit fucking meme map. We are stable.

>american reading comprehension skills
noice. It says green is stable m8

Well the problem is that the term 'super power' is a fucking meme. It went from power, super power, to hyper power. There is no definition. All we can do is work with what we have that's measurable like economics. China is already ppp number one and projected to to be top nominal in the future. Per capita, it will won't even be near western levels for another 50-100 years.

India, I have serious doubts about their ability to get their shit together. Their ethnic, language and religious divide makes it very difficult to govern. We can't tell if India will hit China's stride for another decade at least.

Japan is a joke. They can militarize all they want but they have no land to take. China and Russia are too big and South Korea is americas ally as well. The only thing left to take is SEA which china will fund and aid a proxy war if Japan tries anything.

For reals, how do we even objectively define the super power meme?

Unless China implodes at some point, Japan's window of opportunity at being a super power is gone forever. Nukes really fucking changed everything, can't redraw borders for shit anymore

As for India, not a chance in hell.

To answer your points, China has a growing economy indeed, but do you think they'll remain growing +6% yearly for the next few decades? I pointed India out because they are in the same position China was in couple of decades ago, and they have a younger population than China, so there's a room for them to grow rapidly if nothing serious alter their plans like a war with Pakistan. Japan isn't a joke, they are the world third biggest economic power after the US and China at the moment, and them picking up the arms again isn't something to laugh at. In addition majority of SEA countries are wary of China's expansionist policies and would rather align themselves with Japan and the West than with China, and in there you have Indonesia and several other developing countries like Philippine and Vietnam not to forget others to enable them to form a strong economic alliance in the future.

>As for India, not a chance in hell.
I think you bought in the meme poo in loo too far, they are the fastest growing economy in the world at the moment with several international financial institution commending their strong economy results.

The 6% growth rate is already a colossal lie.

I wouldn't say it is far off from reality, they have been growing rapidly in the past few decades. They might add half a point or close to that, but not more.

nah, China has africa locked down. I trhink the way things are going it will be a great game for Europe.

China isn't the only country benefiting from Africa, France has a great influence in the Sahel region, and Portugal became the treasure safe of Angola, they even almost bailed them out of recession.

The average was 15.8% for the last 32 years. As economies get more advanced they will slow down. But 6% for a few decades? I'd wager yes.

Japan'a military is a joke, not in the sense of being able to defend themselves, they have a formidable military to deter invasion. But it's laughable in the sense that they can pose any threat to China or Russia. Even if Japan went hardcore ww2 again they don't have the industrial output or the economy or the people to fight a war with their regional neighbors.

India and china are similar in birth when their countries came out of revolution and similar size and GDP at the time. But that's where the similarities end. It's not so simple to say large population translates into a robust economy like China's. There is a reason why china experienced huge growth while India stagnated.

You aren't looking at it closely. 7.1% of 2.3 trillion is 163billion GDP added that's India.

6.7% of 11.2trillion is 750billion of china.

Even with slower GDP growth china is expanding the gap between them and India. India isn't catching up to china, it's falling behind.

Nah, looking further you'll quickly see only US, EU and China matters when talking about superpowers or near to it
India has resource limits - namely water, and most industries require lots of it
India reached pollution parity with china this year, with only 1/5 the gdp to show for it, combination of low education rates and weird gov policies
India has no resource (precious metals, oil, ...) allies, the big 3 mentioned earlier have many

It's their plan for world domination obv. Hopefully it will fail.

>Kazakstan? Turkmenistan? Extremely stable to a fault.
Wow you are fucking stupid. Those dictatorships are not at all stable and will be less so when ISIS fighters from those countries return home.

I don't buy it. Say what you will about the evils of authoritarianism and excessive centralisation, it really does get shit done quickly when pointed in the right direction. China's used to being centralised for as long as it's had a written history - apart from its tendency to blow apart at the seams every once in a while - whereas India has never really been a single unified state, and it shows.

India's economy is a robust one, and that's not just my words as several economic institutions are commenting the same, and you assuming that India needs to emulate China 100% to have any value is wrong, the world economy is different than it was a few decades ago, and so is politics. Here are some recent articles to demonstrate the strength of India's growing economy.

>livemint.com/Politics/KsrtrIZ5ns3stDQkrnlQlJ/India-likely-to-be-6-trillion-economy-in-10-years-Morgan-S.html

>usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2017-07-10/indian-economy-to-soar-as-chinas-sags-and-americas-slogs-along

>imf.org/en/News/Articles/2017/02/21/NA022217-For-India-strong-growth-persists-despite-new-challenges

As for China continuing to grow like this for decades, I am not going to bet for or against that since that is a fucking long time to expect any realistic forecast from.

>Japan'a military is a joke, not in the sense of being able to defend themselves, they have a formidable military to deter invasion. But it's laughable in the sense that they can pose any threat to China or Russia

Seriously dude? Japan is the world fourth largest army now and that even before they decided to spend tens of billions more on their army annually, and that would put them close to spending levels of China. Japanese army is even considered stronger than that of India at the moment. While China in terms of numbers is clearly stronger, but that won't make Japan an easy target even with their current military, and you can imagine how China is going to feel after Japan's recent plans to double their spending and even spend more in the future if North Korea continued its nuclear threats.

I understand what exponential growth is m8, I too took math at school. My point is since you are so keen on future growth forecast, India is posed to become second in terms of gdp to China by the mid of the century and with some forecast predicting it passing China to become number 1 by the end of the century. India has smaller economy at the moment but slowly, very slowly it will catch up with China.

You make good points, but you are forgetting India's current push toward clean energy, and it is already being implement widely in the country. And India has resources
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_resources_of_India

They are managing well at the moment, maybe not optimally but who said any country is perfect and in particular India.

Dude, I don't need to read what journalists write to interpret the obvious data in front of me. As a percentage India is growing faster then china, but in absolute terms, the only thing that matters, china is still growing 4 times faster. India doesn't have to emulate china if it wants to reach their growth but if it wants to overtake china they need to do something else because they are not even closing the gap at this point.

Like I said, japans military is good for self defense, it's strategic deterence. But does it pose a threat to their regional neighbors? Nope. That's why it's laughable in that sense. Russia doesn't even have a 'we won't nuke first' policy. A militarized Japan poses no threat to china or Russia.

>As a percentage India is growing faster then china, but in absolute terms, the only thing that matters, china is still growing 4 times faster.
what does this mean

Dude, you said you took math. How can India slowly catch up if it's not even catching up right now? If you are using 'projections' give me the numbers you are using.

As for India vs China. Time only will tell it is just arguing about possibilities at the moment.

As for Japan vs China. I don't think it is a threat game as much it is a leverage game, a stronger Japan is going to hinder China's sea expansion, and that's the goal the USA and its pentagon are trying to achieve at the moment.

Google PwC gdp forecast for 2050 and you'll understand what I mean.

Means India added 163billion to their GDP in 2016. China added 750 billion to theirs at the same time. So china'a economy is growing 4 times larger then indias in 2016. Means even if it's 'fastest growing economy' does not mean it is truly growing faster then a economy that is growing slower but larger already. USA added 299billiom to their economy in 2016, so it's growing faster then India too but slower then china.

lol you don't understand growth rates.

Right, explain to me then how 7.1% of 2.6trillion can catch up to 6.7% of 11.2trillion?

You have to be somewhat retarded to not understand why Australia and New Zealand are blue on that map and why the USA is green. Or do Americans honestly have no idea about the world outside the state they live in?

Yes and I agree, arguing about possibilities is futile if we introduce variables that are not in existence yet. But I'm simply making a projection based on current data. If at this point India was adding more to their economy then china I'd say they have a good shot at overtaking them but that's not the case. I can't see India overtaking china until it passes this threshold in reality.

South seas is not particularly important to national security, example, being invaded. I'm basing threat as another countries ability to invade. For Japan, it doesn't exist now and like I said even if they go ww2 production mode they still won't have the population, economy, or the military to take clay from china or Russia.

Growth rates are simply how fast economies are growing. India right now is growing faster than China. It's as simple as that.

China has never been a colonising entity, you fucking mong. Stop applying European and North American mechanics, because if anything, China has shown that their only interest in other nations is trade and business, not domination. They don't want to control the far flung reaches of the globe, they merely want to feed their people and become rich in the process. If it was as yourself and many other Americans oft point out, we would be seeing Chinese factories and military bases around the world, but we don't. They are very centralised and care more about bringing resources into their country than aggressive expansionist military activity.
I really don't get how people can honestly label China as an expansionist threat in the same world where the USA has installed military bases in China's backyard, surrounding it, despite being on the other side of the planet. Maybe if the Chinese were doing shit like that half way across the globe then this "expansionist" thread would have some basis in reality but at the moment it merely looks like a kneejerk from the actual dangerous expansionist hegemony of the United States, pissed off that they aren't able to destabilise and control China like they have many other regions within their war like expansionist politics.
Incredibly hypocritical and a sheer display of a lack of awareness.

He's talking about absolute gains for some reason, which is based on current gdp # as well
For q2 2017:
US is 3.1% of 18.6t = gain 0.575t
China is 6.9% of 11.2t = gain of 0.773t
India is 5.7% of 2.26t = gain of 0.129t
You can project (something i hate) absolute gains to see when one cunt will overtake the other
Here we can see US growth is less than half of china, but it's still hard for china to catch up
India needs a ridiculous amount of growth, like 15% to catch US/ China before i go senile (assuming no crisis, wars, disasters, etc)