As a huge fan of Pineapple Express and some of Seth Rogen's other work, this movie was just not funny at all

As a huge fan of Pineapple Express and some of Seth Rogen's other work, this movie was just not funny at all.

It's basically just trying to do what South Park did fucking 20 years ago. Its whole shtick is that it's a vulgar animated movie, with social commentary on religion; and the movie seems to be content with not being anything more than that. Basically no jokes were clever or funny, just a bunch of sexual and religious innuendos. Ironically enough a lot of jokes feel like they are seriously written for children. I seriously can't understand how this movie got as much praise as it did.

Rogen hasn't changed, it's you OP. You've outgrown his humor.

No he's definitely changed

Sausage party is really boring ethnic jokes and tame, while most of his other stuff, produced by apatow, has some subtlety and heart

>No he's definitely changed

Sounds like denial to me, bud.

It's more that I think Pineapple Express was actually made by a competent director who understood how to make Rogen's humor and writing work. Same with Superbad, which I didn't even see until years after it came out and still found hilarious.

This is The End wasn't great and it's been downhill since then.

It isn't, after superbad and pineapple express he was basically given free reign by sony to make whatever he wanted and without a producer keeping it grounded in real life and emotion we are seeing what happens when rogen is unrestricted

Tried watching this last night.

It was so hamfisted and corny that I had to turn it off before the 40 minute mark.

It's like a 15 year old wrote the movie, holy shit.

Both Pineapple Express and Superbad are fucking hilarious movies.

Even if you don't laugh at the bigger gags, there is always some really dumb line of dialogue or attention to detail that will make you crack up. But over the years this disappeared, the movies became nothing but gags, and not very funny ones. The humor started feeling very plastic and forced down your throat.

I don't think I smiled once at Dudeweed Lmaoxpress, despite everyone in the room being in fits of laughter.

It's the only great weed movie that I know of.

Pretty sure Rogen's just started to realize that he can star in any DUDE WEED movie without putting as much effort into the writing as he did with Superbad and he can make still make millions. I agree with you though OP, his earlier stuff was certainly funnier.

This movie worked pretty well as a two minute trailer. I turned the real thing off at about 30 minutes

dude...........what if food.........smoked weed........lmao

Superbad wasn't as good as people remember it. All the homoerotic I-cant-quit-you stuff seemed so out of place.

Did you guys actually miss your High School friends when you went off to college and slept together in napsacks? Jesus fuck.

Firewater was good for a couple of chuckles other than that the movie was terrible. The Kim Jong Un one was also terrible.

I rewatched Pineapple Express and it is still funny. Even though Sup Forums can't deal with marijuana for some reason.

He's sort of gone the same way as Kevin Smith. I feel like every new idea he comes up with while he's stoned now like "DUDE HUHUHUH WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY IF ME AND FRANCO TRIED TO KILL KIM JONG UN HUH HUH HUH OR IF WE MADE LIKE AN ANIMATED PIXAR MOVIE, BUT IT WAS ABOUT LIKE FOOD HUH HUH HUH AND THEN AT THE END THEY ALL HAD LIKE A BIG FOOD ORGY HUH HUH HUH". It's the same way Kevin Smith came up with the ideas for Tusk and Moose Jaws. He has no reason to give a shit anymore because he knows his fanbase will go see the movies regardless, so why not just make stupid shit like Sausage Party?

ITT movies christcucks will never understand.

>Superbad wasn't as good as people remember it

Yes it is.

>All the homoerotic I-cant-quit-you stuff seemed so out of place

Wrong. Teenager detected.

Why wasn't the weed alive?

I thought they were going to touch weiners at the end.

You guys had some weird codependent relationship with some guy friend you pair bonded with before you went to college? Give me a break.

DUDE

WEED

LMAO

>hurr muh atheism

Any movie that is anti-religious in any sort is just not worth watching.