I was really impressed by Manchester by the Sea, are Kenneth Lonergan's other films worth checking out...

I was really impressed by Manchester by the Sea, are Kenneth Lonergan's other films worth checking out? When I tell people I have no idea who he is people act like I should already know.

>I can't beat it
Fuck man

I feel the op image should be spoiled. Also idfk op lol google it.

Best black comedy since Four Lions

I can't beat it

I find it annoying how people are going crazy for this film yet have never even heard of You Can Count on Me or Margaret. Watch both.

There is only 3 spear chuckers in the movie and they are hard to see in the dark

wow so emotional lol

le deep movie

How does that "annoy" you??

margaret is fucking brilliant and i like it more
make sure you get the long version

I can't beat it

Because I knew about Lonergan before them and I want them to know it. REEE!

Looks like the extended rip is exclusive to the DVD, rather than the Bluray. Is it really worth it?

margaret

Nice

>its a Sup Forums ruins the film for people who haven't seen the film with one unavoidable screenshot episode

the worst

Are his plays good?

Margaret is his magnum opus.

it really is
the beauty of the film, and lonergan in general is the ancillary stuff, the way every random character has their own story and pov spiralling off from the main one. the long version of margaret is my favourite film for that feel
also i think there's differences in the sound mixing that are interesting and genuinely make a difference, like when he ramps up the dialogue of people in booths nearby the main characters in a cafe over their dialogue

Sorry it's the only pic from the film I saved and it's guarenteedreplies.jpg

(You)

Dunno, I don't care for theatre. Isn't this a film board btw?

Why did Lonergan have a cameo in the film and why did the camera follow him for a bit when he walked away

>6 mentions of Margaret
>only one of You Can Count on Me

This board is genuinely tasteless

because he likes to imply that every character that encounters the main characters is also living their own life

I can't beat it

are they as sad as this one tho? cus i never want to watch this movie again fuck this

I can't beat it

I hope this isn't a spoiler screenshot from when he actually shoots himself in the movie. If yes, fuck you, OP

I can't beat it

Yeah, they're quite similar

It's been out for over 3 months there are no spoilers

watch it and find out

There's nothing there

His 3 kids die and his brother

I can't beat it

>it's been out for 3 months
In america

Moonlight for example doesn't screen here until april

He also is a janitor at a smart college and he solves math problems the smart students can't figure out and his bff is Batman but at the time he was just Ben affleck whose little brother is actually the skinny dude from Manchester by the sea there all part of the same dc universe or something like that

You don't get internet over there?

Does somebody have that pic with wojack head? It's beautiful, but I've lost it

I'm down for them then.

mfw I live near Manchester By The Sea and feel that way every day

I can't beat it...

BUT I CAN BEAT YOU

I'm just asking you autist, no need to get so defensive.

I got you mi familia

You Can Count on Me > Manchester > Margaret

this
ruffalo is fucking glorious in this movie