Societies view of hair loss

Sup Forums should a redpilled man embrace hairloss or use something like propecia (finesteride)?

theres just so much pressure in society for men to have hair, but finesteride has some scary stories.

my personal opinion, i think im going to give in & risk it & try finesteride
i would just look awful with no hair or a shaved head

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uA0qhhIxrQY
nizoralshop.com/en/content/44-hair-loss-dht-blocker-nizoral-shampoo
youtube.com/watch?v=AD-E2B5GfI8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q51O3XyPgwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i would just look awful with no hair or a shaved head

You're probably ugly as fuck but you would be surprised at how many men who think this are able to pull it off.

Bald or shaved looks good if you're pretty tanky. If you're skinny you'll look silly.

>herp uh derp, if you look bad bald, it means you're already ugly as fuck

im not ugly, what the fuck is this, some sort of projection you instantly jump to?

im just on the smaller side, & slim, & my facial features are more feminine (which bothers me alot, believe me, i wish i looked more manly) so having a large bald area would not only look ugly, but also bizarre because of my face type

If you want to lose your ability to think clearly, by all means, take finasteride.

Hint: finasteride fucks with the way your body metabolizes proteins, so it leaves your brain with a protein deficit much in the same way people go stupid when they've been a vegan for too long.

What they dont tell you about those hair pills is

1. Theyre expensive and not covered by insurance

2. They cause gyno

Lift weights, get tan, grow some facial hair. Its not "what" youre wearing but "how" you wear it that cultivates a look.

>He fell for the external validation meme
Topkek, when the time is right just shave your head. Accept it. Nothing else works in terms of medicine and unless you're rich to have a 25k transplant, I wouldn't recommend it.

>propecia has some scary stories
>goes to hair loss message boards where people bitch about the drug and it's side effects / the fact it doesn't work for them
>meanwhile 75% of the guys it does work for have moved on with their lives and are nowhere near message boards

>they're expensive

KEK no they're not dumb fuck, it's not 1997 anymore. Any generic brand does the job just as well as propecia nowadays.

>Started losing my hair at 21
>Age 22 got a prescription for generic finasteride which costs me $24 a year
>28 now and still have almost as much hair as I had back then, and no side effects
>mfw I hear people say it's expensive, doesn't work, and will make your dick stop working

Enjoy being bald by 25 then faggots

I'm 23 and almost completely bald on the top of my head, and honestly it isn't that bad as long as your fit. Don't be a pussy op, just embrace the baldness and you'll be better off in the long term.

but see messages like this shit are EVERYWHERE
but i understand the actual data & studies show that its a small percentage of affected individuals
its still scary to think you'll be one of the unlucky ones & have some sort of long term brain fog, even after stopping the medication

I'm going to try finasteride soon. I'm basically norwood 1.5 right now but I can tell it's going further and I'm 27 so it's inevitable.

More than the actual balding this endless itching and strange feeling hair/scalp is worse for me.

i feel like this "embrace it" message only comes from people who are already mostly or completely bald because they didn't take any action soon enough
its kinda like the cut vs uncut argument
cut will try to defend being cut because its too late to do anything about it

If whites are the masterrace why do they all start balding in their 20s? Don't see that happening to Asians or Indians.

one thing that continuously depresses me is combing my hair, washing my hair, or other things, and seeing all the hair in the comb or on my hands, its very unsettling & just plain depressing

This, I jumped on it early on, wish I did it sooner but I was in denial. Glad that I did though because I still have plenty of hair even 6 years later. Most of the guys who shit on Finasteride (Propecia) are the ones who are butt-mad that they didn't start up on it and now it's too late for them.

is there any real down side to finesteride?

Being bald is fine, it can actually look quite good on some men (not bald myself - thick Aryan hair)

What's sad is a man who hasn't come to terms with his own baldness, refuses to acknowledge it, wears hats constantly, thinks it'll eventually come back, etc. It really shows, and it gets expressed in all aspects of the man's life. They become insecure, defensive, aggressive, lashing out at people, thinking people are laughing at them behind their backs.

If you're going bald, either shave the whole lot, or jump off a cliff. Don't be some in-between self-loathing cunt.

Coming from a man who's been balding since he was 19, you can't stop it. It's better to just accept it and move on with your life.

It can give some side effects to a small percentage of men but other than that, it can keep your prostate small and your hair on your head

well the common complaints are
1: decreased sex drive
2: difficult to get an erection or maintain it
3: brain fog/unable to think clearly or just a sense of feeling weird
4: slight penis shrinkage

this

Used to happen to me. Get your hair cut short and stop using shampoo and conditioner for a while, I would say 1 or 2 weeks. It's gross to begin with but after that time it improves, then you just have to wash it every couple of weeks because the naturals oils on your scalp aren't being destroyed by chemicals every other day. I wash my hair once every 2 weeks. My hair used to fall our a lot when washing it and throughout the day, now it doesn't at all.

man up and cut it the fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=uA0qhhIxrQY

continued use of finesteride is proven to stop it
it slows down hair loss at first, and then fully stops it
however regrowth usually doesn't happen, or only slightly

Fix your diet. That's it. Also, stop washing with heavy shampoo like head and shoulders, I.E. dandruff shampoo. That shit cleans a little too deep and will leave your hair dry and stringy.

Also, unclog your pores.

Doesn't matter if you're redpilled or bluepilled.

If you want to look like shit, go ahead and let your hair disappear.

you're not taking any hairloss products?
i can understand that if your hair was much shorter, it would be harder to notice hair that falls out, so you might think it isn't falling out

but i dont see how shampoo & conditioner could cause hair loss, certainly not hair loss which matches a pattern included in the male pattern baldness charts

Just shave your head and grow a beard, man.

>Fix your diet
but it is scientifically proven that male pattern baldness is related to dihydrotestosterone & finasteride prevents conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone.
i do not see how your diet has anything to do with male pattern baldness?

Assuming your hair hasn't already fallen out, I'd be using Nizoral. I buy it at Shopper's in Can-Cuck-istan. I use it every morning and I'm in my 30's with full beautiful hair.

nizoralshop.com/en/content/44-hair-loss-dht-blocker-nizoral-shampoo

I'm sure you know hair loss is caused by DHT production just like gray hair is caused by Hydrogen Peroxide. So I won't go into details about what causes either. This is /pol afterall.

I condition with Coconut oil every other day. Mind you, my hair is not like yours (I'm knee grow) so you may have to condition yours more often.

youtube.com/watch?v=AD-E2B5GfI8

>tfw 20 with slightly receded hairline
I'm not losing hair yet but I'm already prepared for when it does happen.

All of the products I tried were "proven to prevent hair loss" as well.

What it really come down to is are you going to be a man and just bury your despair deep and get even more fit, or are you going to be a little bitch and whine about it on the Internet. I chose to be a man.

>Nizoral
>Antifungal
>It can treat fungal infections in its oral form. When applied topically, it can treat scaly areas on the skin or scalp (seborrheic dermatitis).
hows this supposed to help with hairloss?

Embrace it
youtube.com/watch?v=Q51O3XyPgwM

>if you choose to stop your hairloss, YOU'RE A LITTLE BITCH
you're clearly already bald & missed your chance to use finesteride, so your opinion is worthless & biased

it is a mild anti-androgen andalso reduces fungus and inflammation that exacerbate loss

Studies done on finasteride did not use subjects that had male pattern baldness.
I'm 27 and not bald or going bald, but might at some point in the future since my maternal grandpa did. My dad had a very prominent widow's peak that never progressed to being bald.
I would not jump on finasteride because even a slight chance of my dick not working and being retarded is too high of a chance. If I get a widow's peak I'll cut my hair short. If I go bald I'll either shave it or get hair transplants.
I would honestly just hang myself before I considered doing a comb over or toupee or other such nonsense. I see some guys my age doing that (noticeable when standing behind them in line) and it just looks fucking ridiculous.

Almost every man has some form of hair loss. Not a thing wrong with it. Only kids worry about that shit, mane.

i see

You can apply finasteride topically if you dissolve it in alcohol. It works pretty well too.

It's SUPPOSED to decrease sex drive and mess with erections but your body compensates by INCREASING total testosterone and increasing the number of androgen receptors in certain areas(muh dick). The first 2 weeks are at least minor side effects(less sensitivity in dick, balls may feel weird, brain fog, loss of libido) but after your body recognizes it, it finds a way around. Some people on propecia are also on hormone replacement(40+) so they can manage the issues and others take things like primrose oil to balance their hormones(estrogen) against the DHT.

Finasteride is a banned substance because it can mask steroid use. It can also be used to INTENTIONALLY decrease DHT to increase hormone receptors, then upon quitting the drug, building muscle. Supposedly you can grow your dick this way because the amount of receptors is similar to your teen years but I have no clue how the exercise portion works. So if you don't like it, you can quit after 6 months and become a beefcake.

>Only kids worry about that shit
thats just not true, if you're a naturally large man or just happen to be a fat man, you can pull off being shaved or having a bald crown
but for other men, it looks very VERY bad

Baldness isn't caused by losing lots of hair. It's the hair you lose isn't being replaced.
If you're losing hair in clumps there's probably another cause, senpai.

If this is true then...wtf? Why don't they sell this? Everyone would buy that shit since it's not entering your body directly.

i think clumps is a huge exaggeration familia
and my pattern matches the image in the OP exactly

it is not some sort of thinning hair overall, which could have multiple causes
it is an exact pattern, so i can be fairly sure what the cause is & that it is indeed male pattern baldness

>not being a large male
Just get on that Test-E and HGH broheim.

You can't stop it, you might prolong it, but you can't stop nature.

Have fun putting cancer pills into your body so you can have a couple more years of shitty looking thinning hair

>but you can't stop nature.
what are you talking about?
humans stop "nature" all the time?
what a ridiculous comment man

The reason why they prescribe it as a pill is based solely on their findings in regards to the commitment of the user.
The subjects who were taking the pill form used it more consistently, so they got better results.
The guys who were on the liquid fin often skipped out on using it every so often.
Also, there is probably an economic reason for selling finasteride in pill form. Something along the lines of it being cheaper and quicker to produce in pill form.

Well I gave it some more thought and I think it may be very similar in results. Finasteride is a weird pill that gives the same reduction of DHT at .5mg, 1mg and 5mg, so it's unlikely that a topical version would reduce side effects much anyway.

I was thinking about propecia until I saw it's used off-label by trannies while they "transition"

My hair was three feet long and thick. Yet thinning awfully on top. I cut it all to less than half an inch yesterday and have gotten more compliments than I can count. My sister-in-law's daughter looked at me like she was ready to fuck. She's 23, don't worry.

I only kept growing my hair because I got so much female attention because of it when I was younger. I decided on a whim to cut it off and it was the best decision I've made concerning my appearance in a very long time. My shoulders look more broad, my face looks thinner, eyes look more vibrant. I look more Masculine. Don't worry, women love it if you do it with confidence and you keep the rest of yourself presentable.

You still get bitch-tits, you dumb fuck.

how to unclog pores senpai?

Society doesn't give a shit about your hair. Society gives a shit about your job and social status.

You can have the dandiest hair in the world, without those two, tough luck.

what can it be if I loose a lot in the shower? schampoo my hair and it can easily be 100 hairs on there.... y-yes I counted once.

My decision to keep my hair is ultimately based off the fact that my wife loves my long blond hair.

its probably the shampoo drying out your scalp

I have always been pretty hairy since birth, I have hair on all parts of my body except my back. I kinda feel bad for people who can't experience the hairy life, it's like being matted by a layer of comfortable silk from head to toe. The best experiences I can remember are two different chicks running their hands trough my body and complimenting my arm hair. Also I've been head patted as long as I can remember, people always liked to run their hand trough my head they like the texture, it feels really good. As a kindergarden student I got my head patted by 3rd year High School students pretty much every day. I can't imagine anything more comfortable than people touching your hair and caressing it softly.

well thats not really true, maybe a small amount
i mean some may use it with the two main medications used for MtF which are Progynova & Aldactone
but none would use it just alone
and using it with the two medications mentioned above is kinda pointless, because you're already blocking testosterone

fucking crybabies why every board has to go through this shit

buy finasteride or rogaine or what ever there was if you arent ready to go bald or to have bald spot. if you dont got money then get some

if you want to see yourself suffer for seeing your hair thin then go for it, i know you will. as long as you got even the thinnest of thin hair on your head you can still get it back and even full bald you can get hair transplant, but that costs a lot of money

dont cry about your fate, also delete this thread

This.

We are not women, our value and worth is not based on our looks but our worth.
My plan? Fuck it. Shave my head, grow a beard, call it a fuckin day.

Being bald means you're high test. As long as your head isn't some weird shape, embrace it. Never have to pay money to get a hair cut again, just buy some clippers and buzz it down once a week and you're fine.

Yes how to unclog pores? Work out alot? Eat good food? I feel like thats the reason I loose alot of hairs. Alot of my hairoots has a hard yellow thing atached to them and I think it is a clogged hairfollicle, went to a derm and he said "its normal", I think not. What to do?

OP i use propecia, minox and keto shampoo. it's the big 3. I started at 23 because I have a genetic history of baldness. I only wish I started it sooner.

If you have money there's no reason not to use it, unless you use it for 2 months and it isnt working or you get weird side effects.

I think the side effect I was worried about most was impotency and loss of libido, but I feel pretty normal and I jerk it twice a day.

So my advice is if you have the money, get a genetic version of propecia and rogaine/minox and some ketoconazole shampoo. It does stop/reverse your hairloss but expect bigger shedding periods every few months as your hairs sync up phases.

The way I look at it, you can't escape society. One inch of additional height is worth 800$ towards your salary. Taller people literally make more money on average for the same job. In the same way, your other aesthetics probably have similar correlations to the amount of money you can make over your life. Plus there's the whole confidence part. You look good, you feel good. people think you look good. People want to pay you.

Otherwise buzz your head now.

*Generic not genetic propecia

Theres actually not a lot of pressure for men to have full heads of hair these days, as more n more of you weak-scalped fucks go bald in your 20s.

Be glad millennials have lowered the bar there, user.

>53 yo, full head of glorious grey/blonde locks master race here, sons

feelsgoodman.jpeg

/fa/ thinks otherwise

I don't know if i'm losing my hair i'm 19,but my hairline is still the same it's not receding i just have thin hairs on my scalp that if i let it grow out don't get noticeable that much.

When I was a kid, I asked my dad what I should do when I start to go bald.

He said "Faggot, listen to me. If you never listened to me about anything else, and I know you never listen to me about anything else, would you ever buy a car from a guy wearing a toup?"

I was like... "uhhh, probably not."

"Do you know why? Because before you even met him, he lied to you. It's all toups. Grow the fuck up and own it. You're a faggot already. How big of a faggot do you want to be?"

I hit that shit with the trimmers, no attachment, every Friday.

Bitches love it.

unclog spores how?

theres about 9000 posts ITT with the phrase "embrace it"

these people waited too long
there is no reason to embrace it
thats like saying
>embrace your infection, only pussies take antibiotics

I'm 25 and have a totally fine head of hair with no signs of balding yet. My maternal grandfather did lose his hair in his old age. Can/should I take something preemptively to keep my hair the way it is?

My hair started thinning at 20, for unrelated reasons i started hunting and basically have lived off of solely meat and fat for the past few years. My hair is now like when i was 14.

Think from an empiric sense, nature wouldnt design us to lose our hair, which is something we need. People have a "genetic disposition" to hiar loss because their genetics dont fit well with high carb diets and sedentary living.

I keep my hair shaved short anyway going bald wouldn't make a big difference for me.

Fucking shave it pussy. I have a full head of blonde hair and still rock the bald look from time to time.

>nature wouldnt design us to lose our hair

I used to take finasteride and it worked, but I felt like a stupid frivolous woman and I stopped.
I went bald in one year and I can't feel happier.

translation
>I went broke & couldn't even afford my hair pills, now I look like a bald goblin, b-but im HAPPY LIKE THAT T__T

how do I unclog pores/hairfollicles senpais?

We get it nigger, you're lucky, you can stop publicly masturbating now.

Hair loss definitely sucks. Started losing at 23 and at 29 now bout to look like Molyneux. Sucks, man.

I went on finestride for a couple of years. My sexual performance suffered, I got scared, and quit. It's always hard to make peace with it. It's like making peace with death in a way. No, you'll never be the Fabio you may have been in your youth, but well that's why he's famous. He's unusual.

It will effect your dating to some degree, don't fall for the macho lies. I'm muscular and have a symmetrical face that got me girls in the past. If not for my wealth and status to compensate, I'd be like any other beta past his prime.

Oh well. On the up side, your priorities become clear. I will never date a woman that doesn't want a family so I've been working that angle, and it's not so bad.

no nigger, its bullshit that these regretful faggots come into the thread and brag about how they EMBRACED IT LIKE A MAN and anyone who DOESNT EMBRACE IT LIKE A MAN is a little bitch
the dumb cucks need to be put in their place when they spout this shit

>tfw 28 and no hairloss
>tfw 175cm manlet

t-thanks genes

Took fin for 3 years. It unirronically gave me tinitus, ostheoporosis, heat flashes, insomnia and digestion problems (basically, andropause at 25 years old). The "brainfog" isn't as bad as what people make though. It's more like you're feeling sick/sleep deprived all time rather than actually going retard.

>ostheoporosis
>tinitus
>digestion problems
holy shit nigger theres literally no scientific evidence on the entire evidence that supports some of the shit you're blaming on fin
im sorry to say, but some of this stuff was going to happen to you anyway, its unrelated to fin

Maybe you should live in Asia or India faggot

Is Norwood I bad or it's normal and II is where it's considered "you're balding pham"?

Compared to our ancient ancestors we lost quite a bit of hair, don't you think?

no, normal hairline is not an M shape
if you have an M shape, it WILL get deeper