BvS thread

fucking kino, this movie is great

I love Snyder

How would Marvel handle this character arc?

Unironically the best cape film.

Fuck the reviewers and bloggers that memed it to death before it even opened.

truly this is.... cape...KINO.......hmmm........pondulates my brainium....

Super underrated.

>callback to scene of something that happened earlier
woah...this is truly the peak of cinema...

Watched it in theatres, got to "You're the boss... Boss...." and lost my shit. Fuck it's a bad movie.

Watched it on TV recently, it was somehow even worse than I remember. No one was memeing, this movie is a poorly-written, inexplicably-shot, disjointed mess.

Inb4 Marvelcuck or whatever, fuck Marvel and fuck capeshit.

wowww.....
symbolism........

>Watched it in theatres, got to "You're the boss... Boss...." and lost my shit.

Did you le cringe?? XD

Only watched the extended cut once and it really was the best cape movie I had seen. Still is.

Wow... so fucking deep... I'm literally speachless... true genius... bravo Snyder...

No, my brother and I burst out laughing though.

Al-aflecki was good as Batman, the entire rest of the movie was actual garbage.

>No, my brother and I burst out laughing though.
No you didn't, I doubt you even went to see it.

wow so this is the power of paid reviews

But it's clear Superman isn't dead so you're whole silly image macro doesn't hold any weight. This is just another flaw of BvS the whole narrative is shoehorned into the DCEU.

Ok, then.

Are you a teenager by any chance?

>lois questions whether clark can be superman and still love her
>clark tells her he loves her before ceasing to be

>caesar's wife tells clark batman can only be stopped with a fist rather than words
>a single word stops him

>someone saved my other cinegrid
Based user

Wow... circural narrative... sooo dewp.... totally not something you learn in filmaking 101.....

DCucks in denial that this movie was trash and the internet bashed this while they prefered Civil War

Now, Sup Forums having a boner on it and hating Civil War is another story (DCucks hiding themselves as anons because "HERE NO ONE CAN TOUCH MY KARMA")

It's ok, wonder woman will prove that DC only produces kino

>MARTHA
>LOL Y THO?

cool movie, lads

Snyder is the only one making good capeshit.

So you are from reddit I see. Go back there.

>snyder
>good
The best thing he did was the opening montage to Watchmen, a fucking music video

>I DISAGREE ON THIS SO IT'S REDDIT XD XD EVERYTHING SHIT IS REDDIT XD XD

>>MARTHA
>>LOL Y THO?

If you are going to complain about a scene then do it proper.
Don't do it like Reddit and 9gag would

But I like both movies.

That was cringy

The cinematography is top notch, I'll give it that. But you guys give it way too much credit. The movie is nothing groundbreaking. Man Of Steel is better as a whole.

I disagree on this, Man Of Steel was hot garbage, BvS was at least enjoyable

Marvel should be at the top then DC TV universe

Looks right.

His motivations would probably make sense throughout.

Ehh, needs more quips.

>paid reviews
What did he mean by this

Batman: Fuck Superman, hes a god and an ass
Superman: My mom is Maetha
Batman: Your mom is Martha? My mom is Martha too. That's a strange coinci- wait a min. You have a mom? But youre a god from outer space. And you have no feeling. But you have mom. Mom like me. You're human just like me. OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO KILL YOU *helps Supes*

It's not just about the name Martha. That's just the starting point. Just the catalyst to make Batman realize Superman can relate to the common folk.

Civil war is trash

Yep, they would make sense also.

>i thought she was with you

BvS came out in time where it directly competed with Marvel
X-Men are owned by Fox and Marvel wouldnt dare fucking with them if they ever want to get the property back.
TDK was made when MCu was still at its roots
The rest arent even superhero movies

I see you are still in the embryonic stage.

>believing the paid reviewers meme

Do you think they paid all the users on RT and IMDb too?

>grasping this hard
>Hellboy, the Crow, V aren't comic movies
Whole lot of under age this weekend

Logan will be forgotten.

spamming tens is the easiest thing to pay people to do. There are numerous clickfarm companies that exist solely to do that.

>the most popular X men character will be forgotten

Wait a few weeks and you will see.

And wonder woman is going to be kino right

I love it when capeshitters think they're patrician

Spamming tens doesn't really do anything. Your ratings are weighted based on your rating spread, so if all you've done is spam 10s and 1s then your rating is basically worthless. That argument doesn't make much sense regardless, given that it would be an option just as open to WB as Disney, not to mention how hard they're both seemingly failing at it.

I realize that, it's just so fucking stupid.

why?

So, let met get this straight.

Spamming 10s can't work because you, some random cunt, know exactly how the IMDB rating system works.

Not to mention high-9 imdb scores, before anyone could've actually seen the movie, are fucking standard for every movie with a marketing budget that's been released since 2005

It's not a secret you fucking retard. Those movies have high scores because fans have given them high scores. They change wildly as soon as the movie comes out and everyone else sees it.

and fans have carefully maintained the specific scoring ratio necessary for their tens to have the maximum effect.

>It's not a secret

So it's common knowledge. And how to get around it is common knowledge.

But this means spamming 10s can never do anything because of the limitations and loopholes on a system that is understood by a large number of people.

Small businesses will buy yelp reviews on craigslist. Why would the biggest conglomerate in memory not be beneath this?

wasn't there a thing on twitter where people were spamming BvS with the same lines or some shit?

Logan will be forgotten

Are BvS threads the comfiest threads known to man?

I don't think it'll be forgotten, but within a few months people are going to realize how overrated it is.

It's a good movie, but "the best superhero film since the Dark Knight?" No way. 7/10.

If it's possible and they do it, then why do they settle for such underwhelming scores? And why do Disney do it but not Warner Brothers?

Your critics are as easily paid off as video game critics. There isn't guy wearing a mouse hat and trench coat that hands a blogger a envelope of cash and tells them what to say. It's mostly an open practice that most studios will do even. Reviews are bought with material compensation, not actual money, but goodies, gifts, even a ride to a theater with the promise of refreshments already paid for. Maybe a saved seat in a premier sitting next to some B-list celebrity.

The only reason people still talk about BvS is because of how much it was hyped and how much of a storytelling failure it was.

We're talking about user ratings. Hundreds of thousands of user ratings.

>critics are bought with funkpops and graphic tees.

I believe it.

god damn love how this shit just flew over my head. I was a huge BvS hater until I began re-watching it

X-Men is cool though. The only good marvel property at the moment thanks to being safe from Disney

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Ashkenazi jew
>Ashkenazi
>nazi

Is WB /our guy/?

P I C K E D U P
I
C
K
E
D

U
P

Seriously why does no one in the mainstream media dare talk about the mind boggling over-representation of Kikes in Hollywood?

This, finally someone said it

Literally 5 minutes before this realization, Batman taunts Superman about how Superman's parents probably told him he's someone special.
But for some reason, the realization that he had parents, was new to him.

I guess Batman's the kind of no-attention-span kind of guy who'd appreciate Batman v Superman.

>I guess Batman's the kind of no-attention-span kind of guy who'd appreciate Batman v Superman.

I bet you thought this was really clever.

The guy you replied to is partially wrong. While Batman might've assumed that Superman's parents were Kryptonian, and that he didn't have human parents, it's ultimately irrelevant. The point is, at the moment where he's about to kill Superman, the latter says the name "Martha." In his dying breath, he's not trying to save himself, he's trying to save "Martha." Just like Bruce's father, in the single most important moment of Bruce's entire life. Batman doesn't stop fighting him because "lol dude our mom's have the same name lol what a coincidence," it's because this alien which he viewed as some kind of satanic threat - see his dream at the mausoleum - is concerned only in his dying breath about his mother. The thing that snaps Bruce out of his rage is that he's about to kill someone who's dying word, just like his father, is "Martha."

It's not complex or difficult to get at all, it's just that people seem almost deliberately obtuse when it comes to this movie.

Basically, in Bruce's mind in that moment, he's Joe Chill, and Superman is Thomas Wayne.

It's an ok movie but fuck I hate jewsse eisenberg

Didn't really think it was clever, but it's tiresome how people pretend BvS is the deepest most well told story of this generation, while even if it would be everything people drum it up to be, it would be an decent movie amongst mediocre/decent in other ways movies.

As for things that are not complex or difficult to get at all, I return you to him taunting Superman with how his parents must've told him how he's special.
Clearly Batman put some thought into Superman's background, what he is, why he's doing what he's doing. Otherwise he'd have done a shit job at preparing for Superman for one, and for another, he wouldn't be throwing lines like that out there.

The issue is, that the way the movie is set up, there's two ways to justify Batman, and neither of them make any sense in regards to either this moment, or the entire rest of the movie.

1) Batman thinks Superman is a "satanic entity". In this case, yeah, this moment would make some sense, except, then we'd have to assume that the previous comment was said from the point of view of a man, who thinks Superman does not care for his parents. That Superman doesn't really care for anything, which considering the guy goes out of his way constantly to avert disasters, save people and so on, not to mention Batman himself forcing the point many times that he's not fighting Superman because he's evil, but because there is a 1% chance that at some future point in time, that will be the case.

2) Batman thinks there is a greater or equal to 1% chance that Superman were to turn evil in the future, by say some great tragedy as in his vision of a dark future, THEN Superman would become an unstoppable force, and he needs to be dealt with now, to avoid that happening. By this mentality, Bruce doesn't give a damn if Superman is running around all smiling and gay. He shouldn't care if Superman is right now most concerned about saving Martha, or anyone else. Superman is a future threat, not a present one.

Furthermore on point 2)

This is what is set up throughout the entire movie. Batman sees Superman as an entity who is a threat to Humanity itself, not by choice, but by his simple existence.
Sure, he would likely have an emotional moment, realizing how Superman is in ways similar to his own father, but if that would cause him to do more than hesitate, if this would cause him to question everything he has against the guy, to put away his fear of the potential extinction of mankind, which he sees in Superman, then he wouldn't be going out, casually murdering henchmen left and right. If he wasn't 100% convinced, that in the name of averting what he sees as evil, it wouldn't be business as usual, when he crushes people with the bat mobile.

He is built up as a man who considers what he's doing. Who thinks about cause and effect.
It's completely unthinkable, that Superman's situation would break through to him, but the idea that he could be routinely sending kids to the orphanage, whose only fault is that their father worked for the wrong mercenary corp, and didn't ask enough question about what goods they're protecting, would not phase him?
That's baffling.

>If he wasn't 100% convinced, that in the name of averting what he sees as evil, it wouldn't be business as usual, when he crushes people with the bat mobile.
Backspaced a bit too much here.
Pretend I wrote:
" If he wasn't 100% convinced, that in the name of averting what he sees as evil, he is justified, it wouldn't be business as usual, when he crushes people with the bat mobile."
Also that last question mark should be a period.

The way all that flashback nonsense is edited in so it seems like this coincidence is some kind of big important moment is just so sanctimonious. That's mixed with the fact that Bruce had JUST been talking about Clark's parents so the whole thing was just nonsense

Something you have to understand is that the stated character motivations earlier in the film are clearly a cover for the character's actual motivations. Lex talks to Senator Finch about how Superman is too big a threat to not have a deterrent for. Perfectly rational. Bruce, by the same token, says to Alfred that Superman is too big a threat to not kill, even if they don't believe he is ill-intentioned. Less rational, but still broadly speaking a reasonable statement.

However, by the time both of those characters actually confront Superman face to face, we see that these stated motivations are really just a cover for deeper psychological issues. For Lex, it's his anti-theism and daddy issues. For Bruce, it's his feeling of fear and inadequacy in the face of a literal god after 20 years of stagnation in his crusade. Also of course is the subtext that Batman believes Superman can turn bad because Batman himself turned bad - a mindset which he realizes is wrong in the end with the "Men are still good" monologue.

So when Batman fights Superman, he taunts him and tortures him, "you're not brave, men are brave," "breathe it in, that's fear," etc. In the dialogue in that scene, it's revealed that Bruce 's desire to kill Superman isn't based on rationality, it's based on his base fears of a god that he projects his own insecurities and failures onto.

Again, not hugely complex, it's all stated pretty clearly in the film.

>So when Batman fights Superman, he taunts him and tortures him, "you're not brave, men are brave," "breathe it in, that's fear," etc. In the dialogue in that scene, it's revealed that Bruce 's desire to kill Superman isn't based on rationality, it's based on his base fears of a god that he projects his own insecurities and failures onto.
Right.
The issue here, is this would work if Batman would otherwise be against killing, but he's not.

The way you're saying it, everything else he does, is governed by rationality. He fights crime rationally. That is the very definition of Batman.
But fine, this one case, this single case he loses that rationality, which is fine.
Except, what happens when he regains it? What happens, when "Martha" breaks through, and makes him realize he's been fighting Superman for the wrong reason?

Rationality takes over, and thanks to everything else we see in the movie, Batman's rational mind, just as well as his emotions point to how Superman is a threat to everything he knows.

If he'd be set up as someone, who believes in averting crisis, instead of murdering anyone and anything that is seen as a source of crisis, this would be indeed, the moment Batman throws his spear to the side.

But that's not the Batman we have. The Batman we have would feel deep shame for losing control, and then would murder Superman, because regardless of his emotions, that is what he does. That is how he solves a problem.

And you could, possibly say something to this like "Oh no, see he returned to his previous state! To the Batman he was, before he started murdering everyone!" but then we have to ask the question of whether that Batman ever existed in this universe.
(And considering Robin's pole was a pike, capable of cutting and piercing anyone he hit with it, the only hint the movie gives us to that question points to "no".)

I LIKED THE PART WHEN HAWKEYE SHOT THAT ARROW WITH ANT MAN RIDING THAT ARROW!

Sup Forums is a joke. You have the weakest memes.

>in the end, it was superman's self sacrifice that took bruce back into the light

is that why Bruce says "beautiful lie" at the beginning of the movie?

you're an idiot

Well I think the movie assumes the audience knows certain things about the characters. Batman isn't a murderer, Superman is a good guy, etc. The characters exist in the public consciousness to such a degree that we Snyder and Terrio don't need to exposit every single relevant aspect of their psychology or history. Unless people are being deliberately obtuse, which I think is the case with a lot of people who hate BvS. So we know that things are out of wack when Batman is murdering people, 1. because we all know who Batman is as a character, and 2. because Alfred says "new rules?" and "everything's changed." So I don't see the problem here, unless, like I said, we're playing dumb basically.

>But that's not the Batman we have. The Batman we have would feel deep shame for losing control, and then would murder Superman, because regardless of his emotions, that is what he does. That is how he solves a problem.

Is your argument here really that Batman would murder Superman anyway after realizing the error of his ways because this Batman shoots thugs? Because that doesn't even merit a response.

>(And considering Robin's pole was a pike, capable of cutting and piercing anyone he hit with it, the only hint the movie gives us to that question points to "no".)

Eh, that's pretty weak. We assume Batman was always a murderer because his staff has a blade? Seriously? Ever see any TMNT show or movie?

I mean that scene is pretty cool. I don't like Civil War but I did like that.

Sucks that no Justice League trailer next week, still there's a Wonder Woman one which might be good.

>because his staff has a blade

Because Robin's staff has a blade*

Nobody even knows BvS came out

you know, I didn't care about WW at all until reading the leaked plot synopsis. Now it actually seems like it could be cool. A mythological epic with Greek gods playing prominent roles set in the First World War. Could be cool actually.

this is the simplest way to explain it

so what was the flash scene for? did Bruce dream it, or did it really happen and Bruce thought it was a dream?

my interpretation is that it's a vision of a possible future manifested by the speedforce. the line between vision and dream is pretty thin.

>Well I think the movie assumes the audience knows certain things about the characters. Batman isn't a murderer, Superman is a good guy
In any other movie, I'd accept that, but not here.
The franchise goes out of its way on every turn to show that you should forget everything you know about these characters.

Superman is not an optimistic light of hope, going out of his way to reassure people of their own strength, addressing every man as an equal.
Batman does not take each of his actions with careful measure, to make sure he doesn't go too far.

As for the two parts after green text:

1st: The point is, that the "It wasn't his rational mind, that wanted to kill Superman" argument would only work, if his rationality didn't also support the idea of killing Superman.

If his rational mind had something against murdering him, or didn't see him as a threat warranting his death, he would have had to stop there.
But if his rational mind agreed that Superman should die (which he lists plently of rational reasons to, at least as convincing as killing any criminal), so that moment would be no more, than an internal revelation, that he lost sight of why he's doing it. Not a revelation of how he shouldn't do it.

Also, if your argument here, is that Batman shouldn't kill Superman, because he's Superman, while he can kill mercenaries casually, because they're not important... I confer you to the end of your own line there.

2nd one: I'm not sure you picked up on this, but TMNT doesn't take itself as seriously as Batman v Superman. And if it did in adaptation, I imagine they'd either do away with the more dangerous weapons, or make it part of the narrative (assuming they do it well).
You might as well be bringing cartoons like He-Man at this point.

Point is, you don't bring a weapon designed to pierce vital organs, if all you want to do is knock people out