ITT shows that started out good and turned to complete shit

ITT shows that started out good and turned to complete shit.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QaWUaboCIrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pretty much all of them.

other than the ones that started shit and stayed shit.

>started out good

Why the fuck does everybody wear black in this show now?

>The wire turning to complete shit

S5 was bad but not complete shit, it's just that the other 4 seasons are really good.

it unironically did

giving more writing freedom to dumb&dumber was where it started tumbling down

They should've either waited two years in between seasons and giving us mini series like Robert or Greyjoy's rebellion to pass the time while the novels came out or waited until the last two books had been on the shelves.

Breaking Bad is the opposite of what OP asks for.

As soon as it went from a mystery to a monster series

they are clearly wearing deep blue you fag

When Coop refused to fuck Audrey.

Not going to argue about it, but I completely disagree, I thought the writing got worse as the show went on, which is reflected by the fact that they did things like writing in the machine gun without knowing where they were going with it.

When does this get bad, and is it necassary to watch all of it or could I stop watching at a high point? I'll sit through a bad season or two if it leads to a more conclusive ending

I'm almost done with season 1. Should I keep watching it?

seasons 1-3 are worth watching. You should read the books first though.

5 books? That's too much for me. I barely understood The Hobbit in grade school

This was in the very first episode.

This show is garbage. 8 hour long version of ET. Fucking penis breath.
youtube.com/watch?v=QaWUaboCIrM

4 and 5 are trash tho

The season with Todd was just filler bullshit. They should've ended it when Gus died

at least they tried to change things up

I'll check out the first book to see how it is. I wonder how this book got picked up into a show compared to billions of other fantasy books.

I cant think of its last 2 seasons without getting irrationaly angry.

Because it's the best one written. Easy answer.

Makes sense.

GoT started out crappy. Like most shows, and like most anime it had a few moments and a couple good ideas, but shat all over them.
Shows make it worse by trying to prolong everything.

Second season was the only good one. The whole "grounder" thing is completely absurd.

I appreciate that atom bombs are gonna knock people around a bit, but the idea that 90 some years after the world explodes survivors are going to build these quasi-medieval societies is pushing it. Old grounders would know old people who were fucking alive before the bombs fell. Not only did they all learn how to blacksmith and create these languages / religions, but they forgot that electricity ever existed? The people in Mt Weather sure were able to remember that there was a world before the bombs, so I'm not sure why grounders never even asked questions like, "Hey, what are these 'car' things in this underground 'parking garage' thing?"

Did the atom bombs scramble their brains? Did they destroy every single book? Leaving them to invent their own language and hierarchical society, in just 90 some years, which such well-established traditions that people are shocked to see them broken.

Give me a fucking break. Do you know how hard it is to make a sword? How'd they figure that out when no one living around there knew how, but they have no idea how all the technology around works, or even that it exists?

I really, really liked the third book (Storm of Swords) and consider it GOAT. Every character arc is perfect, even Sansa

I AM THE DANGER

When Walt stopped being a wuss the show sucked.

its made irritatingly clear that grounder society has a deeply anti-technology bent ... they hate and fear it, like the kidnappers from mount weather and the sky-crew they are consistently trying to eradicate ... why would the even consider going near the old evil tech nevermind reading about how it works?

archer
lost
daredevil
sopranos
boardwalk empire
gotham
Breaking bad
vikings
mr robot

basically write all the clever interesting stuff into season one to get the show made, then frantically cobble a season 2, then halfass any following seasons as the residuals and fame pile up from the first two

I'd maybe believe that if it were 500 years since the bombs exploded, but it's only been 90 something. I find it hard to believe that the folks in Mt. Weather managed to terrorize the Eastern US so much that they forgot all about books, cars, electricity, and everything. It's absolutely ridiculous to say that 100 years after bombing, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia are going basically be Game of Thrones, with different societies, different languages, swords, etc. The people on the Ark didn't dramatically evolve, and they're the combination of people from a bunch of different countries' space stations. The grounders are all from the eastern United States.

Not only that, but the President from Mt. Weather said that he went outside as a little boy, when they first discovered that there were people alive outside, meaning that they only had about 70 years, roughly, to develop the whole process of capturing grounders, making reapers, draining blood and such. It's not like they spent centuries scaring the grounders; old grounders would remember when people first started being taken.